• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Jet Squelcher

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Why on earth would you want an Inkzooka on the Jet Squelcher? It already has great range, so the Inkzooka adds nothing to it. That special is better suited to low-range weapons if you ask me.
As the Custom Jet Squelcher and the Dual Squelcher are my mains (among others), I'd really like a Jet Squelcher with Burst Bombs and Echolocator. Or maybe Beacons and Echolocator.
But I'm also totally fine with having the Custom Jet Squelcher, Dual Squelcher, N-Zap '85 and '83 as it is. :)

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Why on earth would you want an Inkzooka on the Jet Squelcher? It already has great range, so the Inkzooka adds nothing to it.
I didn't want to be the one to it, haha! But I definitely agree.

[EDIT] HAHA! I didn't even realize I left out "say"! Eh... I'll still leave it like that, though.

Last edited:

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I see everyone likes Echo on the Jet. I would put Sprinkler there because Burst Bombs aren't an option and Disruptor would be broken with Bomb Range.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
I see everyone likes Echo on the Jet. I would put Sprinkler there because Burst Bombs aren't an option and Disruptor would be broken with Bomb Range.
Why aren't Burst Bombs an option for you? They still use up less ink than the other bombs, they have a good inking radius since 2.7.0 and their standard throwing distance is higher than that of any other sub weapon.
For me it's the opposite, Sprinklers, Disruptors and Splash Walls are not an option for me. :)

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
Why aren't Burst Bombs an option for you? They still use up less ink than the other bombs, they have a good inking radius since 2.7.0 and their standard throwing distance is higher than that of any other sub weapon.
For me it's the opposite, Sprinklers, Disruptors and Splash Walls are not an option for me. :)
Because the Custom Jet has Burst Bombs already. No duplicates.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I think Disruptors would be a great sub for the Jet. Because of its low fire rate and damage, Disruptors would help greatly.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I think Disruptors would be a great sub for the Jet. Because of its low fire rate and damage, Disruptors would help greatly.
And would be incredibly broken on maps like Camp and Blackbelly if you stack some Bomb Range. That's why the Hydra isn't getting Disruptor either anytime soon...

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
And would be incredibly broken on maps like Camp and Blackbelly if you stack some Bomb Range. That's why the Hydra isn't getting Disruptor either anytime soon...
Ah you mean that, I understand. In that case I'd like to have splat or suction bombs. :D
Or beacons, those would be fine, too. In my opinion they are best suited for snipers and other long range weapons (because a sniper always needs safe spots where he can stay for a while and those spots are exactly where a beacon should be). And since I don't play chargers and almost never use the Custom Dual Squelcher (because of the Killer Wail), a Jet Squelcher setup with Beacons and Echolocator would be really neat. :)

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I know this thread is old and irrelevant now, but the Zimi exists.

Also, my wish was granted.

The Jet Squelcher of Splatoon 2 has Toxic Mist (the new disruptor) and Tentamissles (the new echo)

And It's still only mid tier.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hark! A necromancer approaches! Seriously, there is nothing to gain from dredging this up.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Hark! A necromancer approaches! Seriously, there is nothing to gain from dredging this up.
Man, you hate me, don't you? I didn't even share an idea or opinion, and you're STILL attacking me. I even said (in the first line, no less) that it was old and irrelevant.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Man, you hate me, don't you? I didn't even share an idea or opinion, and you're STILL attacking me. I even said (in the first line, no less) that it was old and irrelevant.
And your purpose in necroposting, something that is against the rules, is... what, exactly? I'll leave it at that but come on man.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
And your purpose in necroposting, something that is against the rules, is... what, exactly? I'll leave it at that but come on man.
I just looked at the rules, and nothing like that is ever listed. However, I do see harassment. Hmmmmmmm.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I just looked at the rules, and nothing like that is ever listed. However, I do see harassment. Hmmmmmmm.
necropost.png

Here is the relevant section, right alongside the rule about posting multiple times in a row that I mentioned to you the other day. And even if it weren't in the rules, reviving old threads is generally frowned upon in online communities. And no, it isn't harassment to tell you this, no matter how you may feel about me.

Last edited:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
View attachment 6052
Here is the relevant section, right alongside the rule about posting multiple times in a row that I mentioned to you the other day. And even if it weren't in the rules, reviving old threads is generally frowned upon in online communities. And no, it isn't harassment to tell you this, no matter how you may feel about me.
Ok, here's the thing about my multiple posts.

My pc isn't the best, so when it froze up when I was about to post something the first time, I thought it was never posted. I rewrote the post and sent it again when my pc was ready. Afterward, I saw that It DID post, meaning I had 2 very similar posts on the same thread replying to the same person. Seeing this, I edited one of them to all "P's" so it didn't get confusing.

The comment on this thread was just because I wanted to wrap up the Jet thing. Oh look, Nintendo listened to us, that's nice. My very first line talks about how irrelevant the thread is at this point, so I obviously didn't want anyone to comment anything else on it. I wasn't trying to "bump it up". Besides, I was still seeing that "Express your Emotions" thread all over the place, and that one's from 2015! Why aren't you up in arms about that one?

When I say harassment, it's obviously not the "Oh he said "butt," that means he's sexually harassing me!' kind of harassment. Let's actually look at the definition of "harass" (provided by merriam-webster.com); to annoy persistently.

If this isn't exactly what you're doing to me, I don't know what is. I haven't been able to say anything on any thread for the past few days without you coming after me, and I'm sick of it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Because the emotions thread wasn't necro'd, it remained active throughout the years before it closed down due to rising hostility. You can necro properly but you have to add something important to it, and you can't just say "Yeah but i'm expecting NOBODY to keep replying after this ok" on a forum.

It'd be better to take this **** to the mods, seriously. They're more qualified to deal with stuff like this without derailing really dead threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom