1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

New Jet Squelcher

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by The Salamander King, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Dual

Dual Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

NNID:
    chaser1234
    I'm not sure.
    Save that for another version of the carbon roller. It can't be part of the splat roller family because it already has 3.

2. Dreamy Luigi

Dreamy Luigi Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    DreamyZack
    Suctions and Echo would be cool, I think the H-3 is the only weapon with that kit.

Rockenberg and Dual like this.
  3. Rockenberg

Rockenberg CEO of Rockenberg

NNID:
    Rockenberg_Ltd
    The Jet would definitely make better use of it than the H-3 did... *opinion*

Gatsby likes this.
  4. shani

shani Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    shani_ace
    Why on earth would you want an Inkzooka on the Jet Squelcher? It already has great range, so the Inkzooka adds nothing to it. That special is better suited to low-range weapons if you ask me.
    As the Custom Jet Squelcher and the Dual Squelcher are my mains (among others), I'd really like a Jet Squelcher with Burst Bombs and Echolocator. Or maybe Beacons and Echolocator.
    But I'm also totally fine with having the Custom Jet Squelcher, Dual Squelcher, N-Zap '85 and '83 as it is. :)

Rockenberg and Gatsby like this.
  5. Rockenberg

Rockenberg CEO of Rockenberg

NNID:
    Rockenberg_Ltd
    I didn't want to be the one to it, haha! But I definitely agree.

[EDIT] HAHA! I didn't even realize I left out "say"! Eh... I'll still leave it like that, though.

#25 Rockenberg, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Gatsby and shani like this.
  6. Hikaru54

Hikaru54 Pro Squid

NNID:
    Dillator
    I see everyone likes Echo on the Jet. I would put Sprinkler there because Burst Bombs aren't an option and Disruptor would be broken with Bomb Range.

Gatsby likes this.
  7. shani

shani Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    shani_ace
    Why aren't Burst Bombs an option for you? They still use up less ink than the other bombs, they have a good inking radius since 2.7.0 and their standard throwing distance is higher than that of any other sub weapon.
    For me it's the opposite, Sprinklers, Disruptors and Splash Walls are not an option for me. :)

8. Hikaru54

Hikaru54 Pro Squid

NNID:
    Dillator
    Because the Custom Jet has Burst Bombs already. No duplicates.

9. The Salamander King

The Salamander King Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    I think Disruptors would be a great sub for the Jet. Because of its low fire rate and damage, Disruptors would help greatly.

Gatsby likes this.
  10. Hikaru54

Hikaru54 Pro Squid

NNID:
    Dillator
    And would be incredibly broken on maps like Camp and Blackbelly if you stack some Bomb Range. That's why the Hydra isn't getting Disruptor either anytime soon...

Gatsby likes this.
  11. shani

shani Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    shani_ace
    Ah you mean that, I understand. In that case I'd like to have splat or suction bombs. :D
    Or beacons, those would be fine, too. In my opinion they are best suited for snipers and other long range weapons (because a sniper always needs safe spots where he can stay for a while and those spots are exactly where a beacon should be). And since I don't play chargers and almost never use the Custom Dual Squelcher (because of the Killer Wail), a Jet Squelcher setup with Beacons and Echolocator would be really neat. :)

12. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    I know this thread is old and irrelevant now, but the Zimi exists.

Also, my wish was granted.

The Jet Squelcher of Splatoon 2 has Toxic Mist (the new disruptor) and Tentamissles (the new echo)

And It's still only mid tier.

#32 The Salamander King, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  13. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Hark! A necromancer approaches! Seriously, there is nothing to gain from dredging this up.

14. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    Man, you hate me, don't you? I didn't even share an idea or opinion, and you're STILL attacking me. I even said (in the first line, no less) that it was old and irrelevant.

15. Dessgeega

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    And your purpose in necroposting, something that is against the rules, is... what, exactly? I'll leave it at that but come on man.

16. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    I just looked at the rules, and nothing like that is ever listed. However, I do see harassment. Hmmmmmmm.

17. Dessgeega

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    necropost.png
    Here is the relevant section, right alongside the rule about posting multiple times in a row that I mentioned to you the other day. And even if it weren't in the rules, reviving old threads is generally frowned upon in online communities. And no, it isn't harassment to tell you this, no matter how you may feel about me.

#37 Dessgeega, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  18. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    Ok, here's the thing about my multiple posts.

My pc isn't the best, so when it froze up when I was about to post something the first time, I thought it was never posted. I rewrote the post and sent it again when my pc was ready. Afterward, I saw that It DID post, meaning I had 2 very similar posts on the same thread replying to the same person. Seeing this, I edited one of them to all "P's" so it didn't get confusing.

The comment on this thread was just because I wanted to wrap up the Jet thing. Oh look, Nintendo listened to us, that's nice. My very first line talks about how irrelevant the thread is at this point, so I obviously didn't want anyone to comment anything else on it. I wasn't trying to "bump it up". Besides, I was still seeing that "Express your Emotions" thread all over the place, and that one's from 2015! Why aren't you up in arms about that one?

When I say harassment, it's obviously not the "Oh he said "butt," that means he's sexually harassing me!' kind of harassment. Let's actually look at the definition of "harass" (provided by merriam-webster.com); to annoy persistently.

If this isn't exactly what you're doing to me, I don't know what is. I haven't been able to say anything on any thread for the past few days without you coming after me, and I'm sick of it.

19. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    Because the emotions thread wasn't necro'd, it remained active throughout the years before it closed down due to rising hostility. You can necro properly but you have to add something important to it, and you can't just say "Yeah but i'm expecting NOBODY to keep replying after this ok" on a forum.

It'd be better to take this **** to the mods, seriously. They're more qualified to deal with stuff like this without derailing really dead threads.

Dessgeega likes this.