• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Map: Museum d'Alfonsino

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Gotta say, it's a pretty good stage for Splatlings too. Being Elevated is extremely beneficial for it. Plus, all the corners you can hide behind is awesome for it. I've been diggin' it I'll admit. It's definitely not terrible, enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Silver_1357

Semi-Pro Squid
Gotta say, it's a pretty good stage for Splatlings too. Being Elevated is extremely beneficial for it. Plus, all the corners you can hide behind is awesome for it. I've been diggin' it I'll admit. It's definitely not terrible, enjoying it more than I thought I would.
What about weapons like Blasters and Inkbrushes?

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
I like it, but I recommend reconning it thoroughly before trying it for the first time. There are so many dead ends with no inkable walls to help you escape. Lots of ways for enemies to gang up on you when you get close to their side as well.

My first two matches were disasters. I went 2/8 for the first one, and 1/7 for the second one. I backed out, ran through the stage in recon, came back, and did very well afterwards.
Agree. I remember when Bridge first came out. I jumped in blindly and it seemed that other players have a better natural navigating sense than I. But at the same time, it's tempting to jump in again because it's new.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is there a way to reach the spawn from the middle area? All the walls I saw were uninkable :confused:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Is there a way to reach the spawn from the middle area? All the walls I saw were uninkable :confused:
The spinners, the central spinner is the only way to get onto your enemies' side in Turf Wars (not sure about Ranked) and I'm pretty sure with some tricked out jumps you could even reach the enemies' spawn point.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
This stage actually trumps flounder heights as my favorite!
I love it so much. great scenery with the art pieces, just an awesome overall atmosphere, and then the spinning platforms add new heights and obstacles. The map is just one big colossal ball of fun and chaos . AND I LOVE IT!

Played through the entire 4 hours that it was on splatzones, and 2 hours into TC. I'll do rainmaker later. Ugh it's so much fun. It doesn't feel as, well not bland or boring but, ya know the same. Like most stages hardly have anything moving/changing, but here we have spinning platforms that I just find visually appealling. Mahi Mahi, while a squid's nightmare, will probably be a ton of nightmarish fun too! :D

edit: also watching them spin on the gamepads map is trippy.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Bah, another charger map. It's an ok map but the enemy can easily see you coming from any point if they are in the middle. This makes a push for the center really hard; it's so easy to get splatted. Really feel like it's unplayable because of this. Doesn't help that there aren't many hiding spots here either and it's hard to retreat.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I see it as a Charger map that's actually fair. They can't camp without being open to fire, not only that, the stage looks amazing aesthetically. Probably going to be one of my favorite maps in the game, I can't wait to see how resort stacks up.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Looking at the Callie and Marie quotes on Inkipedia their discussions are so perfect to how they were during Splatfest. Callie loving art, Marie with her disinterest in it. Marie even says she wished it was a Science Museum.
Obvious follow up on art vs science splatfest is obvious.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
After playing more and more on it. It has easily taken the spot as my second favorite map in the game. Second only to Walleye Warehouse. It's absolutely gorgeous. So much to look at and so pleasant on the eyes. It is sadly a Charger map as it has been exclaimed countless times, but it's not overbearing for shooters, and blasters, Splatling and sloshers. Rollers sort of get the short end of the stick with all the high ledges, but screw rollers anyways (bar Dynamo of course).

I really like it, and I never thought I'd say that. At first I wasn't so sure about it, now I'm hooked on it.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I haven't felt good about playing a new map for a while. I'm glad this one is in the rotation. I really love how this plays and its gimmick enriches the experience rather than being the gimmick like the cars on Port Mackerel.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Something rather frustrating I've noticed about the map. A great Dynamo Roller user can absolutely dominate thanks to the map's design. Once they get to a high place, they can just flick and devastate the other team. Considering this map is all about perches, it's a dynamo's paradise. I still haven't encountered any trouble with snipers yet, but a sniper paired up with a dynamo wrecked my team so badly on this stage. I never felt safe the entire match.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Something rather frustrating I've noticed about the map. A great Dynamo Roller user can absolutely dominate thanks to the map's design. Once they get to a high place, they can just flick and devastate the other team. Considering this map is all about perches, it's a dynamo's paradise. I still haven't encountered any trouble with snipers yet, but a sniper paired up with a dynamo wrecked my team so badly on this stage. I never felt safe the entire match.
And, the vanilla one can use sprinklers to cover huge amounts of turf and help spamming Echolocator. I got 1500 points and 11 splats on my second game with the thing.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
And, the vanilla one can use sprinklers to cover huge amounts of turf and help spamming Echolocator. I got 1500 points and 11 splats on my second game with the thing.
I think the dynamo roller I went up against had the vanilla one too, but they weren't using the sprinkler too much. They didn't need it anyway, that player was vicious without it.

I haven't been ruined that badly by a Dynamo Roller since the nerf, I guess I can't escape it's grasp completely. :oops:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Yea, so, I've talked up Chargers and Heavy Splatlings, but the best thing thing to have in this stage is my favorite special in the game Echolocator. . . My goodness, having that special is awesome on this stage.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Bah, another charger map. It's an ok map but the enemy can easily see you coming from any point if they are in the middle. This makes a push for the center really hard; it's so easy to get splatted. Really feel like it's unplayable because of this. Doesn't help that there aren't many hiding spots here either and it's hard to retreat.
I find that there are actually a ton of places to hide from chargers, to the point where I moved around so much I ended up being able to walk up to the charger with them facing me and splatting them. It's definitely more difficult at first, but I'm sure it will be much easier as you get used to the map. It helps that the spinning platforms make it difficult for them to tell exactly where you're going to pop up. There's so many different ways to navigate them all. If you time it right, you can move from one to another without anyone ever knowing until it's way too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom