• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Map: Museum d'Alfonsino

Scarfking

Inkling
NNID
christian
Easily my least favorite map.

Ive played as much as i could, trying to get myself to like it, but i just cant. To me, this map is just annoying and gimmicky. The spinning platforms make it long range-paradise, and the center area is inescapable unless you use the center platform, which means youre stuck if the enemy has it until your team respawns, and by then you'll probably get splatted. And i just cant get used to the walls! They're two shades lighter/darker from each other, and i can hardly tell apart the inkable ones from the non-inkable ones. Sorry, but this map is garbage.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
There's still something that bugs me about this map though.. Who thought it was a good idea to let teenagers run around and spray ink in an art museum? Because we all know that would in no way backfire and cause damage to priceless pieces of art.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
There's still something that bugs me about this map though.. Who thought it was a good idea to let teenagers run around and spray ink in an art museum? Because we all know that would in no way backfire and cause damage to priceless pieces of art.
You put glass over the portraits. Problem solved.

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The ink vanishes after the fight according to Marie, so fire away! :ability_inksavermain:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I can't stand this map. Maybe it was just the rotation of this AND Port last night, but I now hate this map.

Chargers have too much of a view and there isn't an easy way to get to them.

Meh. I just have no idea how to play this map effectively.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I can't stand this map. Maybe it was just the rotation of this AND Port last night, but I now hate this map.

Chargers have too much of a view and there isn't an easy way to get to them.

Meh. I just have no idea how to play this map effectively.
Yea, I've noticed this a lot. As a Hydra, it's absolutely infuriating because I can't push, and in Solo Queue, neither can your team mates. And the ELiter just sits back and picks people off one by one. It's so aggravating because there really isn't much I can do since the stage is so open for ELiters to see me and take me out. I love the stage, but not when there is an ELiter on it, so essentially 1 in every 20 or so games. . . I love the ELiter, it's my favorite Charger, but this map plays into its hands a little, too much. Especially in SZ where those inflatable walls are placed in the perfect spots for them.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Honestly, I really enjoy this map. It's one of my favorites. Dynamo rollers are a bigger problem than chargers if you ask me when it comes to this map.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Honestly, I really enjoy this map. It's one of my favorites. Dynamo rollers are a bigger problem than chargers if you ask me when it comes to this map.
I can usually take out a Dynamo with a CJS no problem, even if they are in the middle. Chargers are harder to get because they can just turn and shoot me with longer range and they can usually see me coming.

I can see Dynamos being an issue if you use a more mid-range weapon though. There really isn't a way to approach a skilled dynamo user in this map, especially if his teammates are even remotely competent.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I can usually take out a Dynamo with a CJS no problem, even if they are in the middle. Chargers are harder to get because they can just turn and shoot me with longer range and they can usually see me coming.

I can see Dynamos being an issue if you use a more mid-range weapon though. There really isn't a way to approach a skilled dynamo user in this map, especially if his teammates are even remotely competent.
Yup, I use the Hero Shot and the Tentatek so the Dynamo is my biggest problem and Chargers aren't a huge issue due to them usually being distracted by my other teammates. But yeah, chargers are a huge problem here too, but the Dynamo more so in my case.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My biggest problem with this map is how hard it is to defend once the enemy gets past the middle area, especially since they have a lot more cover thanks to the rotating platforms. It's especially hard if they happen to have an Inkzooka since they can get enough height to pretty much hit any good firing spots on our base :confused:

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
i like this map, but at the same time, it's really weird. in turf war, you can only access enemy base by going on middle turnstile, which is okay, i guess. it isnt easy to camp. it's really open.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
I can live with map in tower control and rainmaker, but I absolutely despise it in Splat Zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom