• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Map: Museum d'Alfonsino

Zolda

Full Squid
I'm really enjoying this map so far. I was a little worried that all the rotating platforms would make it feel too gimmicky, but I was thankfully proven wrong and they've opened up some really cool new strategies in regard to movement and combat. I've had a great time with Splat Bombs here, it's easy to just roll one up a slope in the center or drop it off a ledge, making sure the opponent doesn't see it until right before it blows up in their face. I also haven't found chargers to be too problematic here, while it does seem very open there are plenty of ways to hide from them. I'm having a much easier time flanking them too, with so many different paths available it's not that hard to sneak up on them and take them out from the side or from behind.

In regard to modes, I think I've enjoyed RM the most so far. It's a good size for RM, and all of the varying paths make it great for allowing all kinds of different approach strategies. SZ is fine on it, but I'd prefer if the zone was a little larger or there was a second zone. As it is, I feel like it gets a little too chaotic with everyone trying to fight in such a small space. Haven't played any TC here yet or more than a few TW matches, so I don't have an opinion on it for those modes right now.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Had a lot of runs through all modes today. Overall, I was about to hate on tower control's mode but after some matches I suddenly understood where my place was and before long had won about 10 matches in a twin session. Now I really like it. even more than hammerhead bridge. Though, there are potential choke points that can frustrate; i've also had quite a few people try to camp our spawn (which ends up not working).

I still gotta recon on it more so I can understand/learn some sprinkler tech.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Lots of good flanking routes on this map, and places to hide and ambush from. I played it on Tower Control, and it's okay, not as cool as Triggerfish but all the spinning doohickeys make defending the route to your goal a little more hectic, since both you and them can come from anywhere.

I really like it for Turf, but man oh man, you need range here. I was using the Tri-Slosher and the Custom Jr. and both feel like they aren't ranged enough to cover the vast spaces between spawns. Did much better with the Nozzlenose.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Fun stage so far, thought the rotating elements would get annoying at first but they worked out better than i expected. Sprinklers are really good on this stage, maybe too much so.

Only thing i can see being an issue is the fact so many places are unreachable without the moving platforms. I basically spend most of my time as a JS just shooting at the center zone and not dying because nobody can easily shoot at me.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
IT'S INKBRUSH HEAVEN!!!!

Seriously though it looks like this weapon finally has a map that caters to its style. I've gotten so many Sprinkler kills and in TW there hasn't been a match where I've been below 1100p without the 300p win bonus. Needles to say I really love this map, I feel like I'm actually contributing rather then just doing jack **** waiting around for someone to stumble by me.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Anyone have an overhead map yet? I need to document our callouts.
I've made a clean map out of the Gamepad's Inkstrike view, but I'll need a little bit to assemble it. I'll edit this post once it's done.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
Having on played it in Turf War so far, I actually can't really say it's my new favourite map or anything, but I don't hate it either. All in all, I usually tend to like bigger stages anyway, though it took me a while to figure out how to get to the enemy base... The rotating displays are interesting, but a little annoying in my eyes; since much of the battle is concentrated at the center of the stage, a lot of things get blocked off. Sure, it's a good cover if you're the one being shot at, but if you're shooting an Inkzooka or something, it gets hard to hit anything, at least in my current experience. I also still need to figure out where to stand with a Charger...
But yeah, it's not a terrible map, but not my favourite either.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
For me, the map got a little stale being in every rotation in Ranked and TW. It's not new anymore, and people have had a ton of matches to optimize their strategies. I think it would have been better to rotate it in and out than to make it where you spend almost half of your matches playing on it. Ymmv, but I spent easily 2/3s of my matches in both Ranked and TW playing this map. At that point, I'm like "oh great, this map again."

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Then you were playing it too much after the stage was introduced. I'dlike to play on this one some more, but that's because I only played for one session the time it was constantly in rotation. (Incidentally, it means I have never played it on Tower Control or Rainmaker either.)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
This is one of my new favorite maps. Along with triggerfish, kelp dome and bluefin. Also i don't feel like chargers are that dangerous on this map. Sure it's a large map, but i feel like i've been killing them more that the latter (either that or they suck). I don't know if maining the dual squelcher had anything to do with it. Also i've been doing really well with the dual on this stage funny enough.

Last edited:

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
So much fun fighting over a rainmaker on a small spinning platform, it's awesome.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
This map has easily become one of my favorite maps to play on. My second main weapon is a Heavy Splatling and this map is honestly amazing for the Splatling weapons. There are a lot of high points that create an advantage for the Splatling weapons. It's been very easy for me to find a high point to get to and shoot from there. It's also quite fun to stand on the rotating platforms and shoot. The stage does very much give an advantage and play to the strengths of a Heavy Splating. I'm quite fond of it.

Even after all this time, I'm noticing that people are still forgetting to look above them so it makes for easy kills when they're not paying attention. Snipers can be a bit of a challenge on d'Alfonsino but I don't think that I would necessary call them dangerous. Really, I think the only dangerous charger for this stage is the E-Liter simply due to its range. This is, of course, only if the E-Liter has good aim and can actually hit their target from relatively far away. The other chargers with less range are relatively easier to deal with. If you flank them from the side or back when they're focused on something else, it's not hard to take them out.

Rollers aren't too hard to use on the stage either. The thing about d'Alfonsino is that is has a lot of high points but it also has a lot of open points. It's easy for Splatlings to control but it's also easy for rollers to have some ground control as well. The difficulty with using rollers on the stage is the high points. It's not climbing them but rather, I feel like the difficulty lies in the long ranged weapons that can get up there. Rollers can't easily beat a long ranged weapon who is standing so high. Other than that though, the stage doesn't really leave rollers at a disadvantage.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
i hate this map for splatzones the only way to get to the enemy is the spinning platform on the zone so if your a charger in this mode you can't be touched because we can't get to you on the rotating platform
but on rainmaker and tower control this map is a ton of fun because there are many ways to get the various areas so their are no choke points and I like how hard it is to spawn camp i have always hated spawn camping turf war is turf war by the sounds of it it has to same problem as splat zones but i have done well with any of my weapons on this stage. (ei E-liter, jet squlcher custom and carbon roller deco)

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral

This is simple yet effective in Turf War.

IT'S INKBRUSH HEAVEN!!!!

Seriously though it looks like this weapon finally has a map that caters to its style. I've gotten so many Sprinkler kills and in TW there hasn't been a match where I've been below 1100p without the 300p win bonus. Needles to say I really love this map, I feel like I'm actually contributing rather then just doing jack **** waiting around for someone to stumble by me.
Agreed. If you're not good at Brush combat, there are places and ways to avoid the enemy while you slip behind them and take their turf. Sprinklers help control the rotating columns, and there are many places you can get the jump for ambushes.

Reactions: blu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom