• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Maps, Gear, And More Coming To Splatoon!

When the first Nintendo Direct was announced since the passing of Satoru Iwata Nintendo fans were excited. Well in proper fashion Nintendo brought on the announcements and talked about how they would be keeping Splatoon VERY fresh. New maps, gears, a special tournament, and more were all included among the announcements so sit tight and get ready for some exciting news!

Inkoming Stages!

Let's start with the two Inkoming stages: Museum d’Alfonsino and Mahi-Mahi resort! Museum d’Alfonsino features five rotating platforms that Inklings must travel across and maneuver to achieve victory. With lots of famous artwork parodied throughout the stage it is bound to be fun to fight on. Mahi-Mahi Resort has a unique gimick where the stage starts off partially covered with water and halfway through the battle more turf becomes available.

FORTY, yes FORTY new pieces of gear will be coming to Splatoon in the next update including winter styles to choose from. A large selection was shown off by SplatoonJP, the official Japanese Splatoon Twitter account. With so much new gear to try Squids will surely be staying VERY fresh!

Also announced in the direct was a special tournament announcement! The Nintendo Treehouse will be hold a special 'Splatournament' set to be streamed live on Nintendo's Youtube and Twitch channels. The tournament will also show off various options for tournament rules as well as details on how to set up tournaments both in person and online.

Excited for all this news? Let us know in the comments below and don't forget to stay fresh!

Comments

These announcements are so awsome! I love the new stages especially the museum one coming out tonight. The new gear (mainly the bandannas) are soooooo fresh looking. Oh and the new weapons will probably come out soon since I think that most of the DLC will come out by January or February.

I like the new stage, Museum D'Alfonsino, except for the fact that I constantly fall in the water. The stage is like a giant playground for Inklings. I'm not sure how much I like the rotating pieces of the stage, and it lacks good vantage points for chargers (this is coming from a Kelp Splatterscope user), at least in my opinion. Not a favorite for ranked, but pretty fun to play on.

Great post!

Um... Is anyone else concerned that they said new stuff will be coming until next January? Does that mean January of 2016 or January 2017?
Bill said that what's currently being devolped will provide new content until at least next January. Don't expect content to end so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom