• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New NA Splatfest: Pirates vs. Ninjas (10/30/15)

Pirates or Ninjas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome. It has already been two weeks! Nintendo has just announced the theme for the upcoming North American Splatfest! This time, inklings are asked to choose between pirates and ninjas.

The Splatfest itself will take place just in time for Halloween, starting at 9 PM PT on October 30th, 2015. In addition to all of this, Nintendo has announced that the Splatfest multiplier for wins has been updated from 4 to 6!

Which side do you prefer? What is your opinion of the Splatfest theme? Let me know down in the comments section below and feel free to vote in the poll as well!

For more fresh Splatoon content, please keep your eyes peeled to Squidboards!

Comments

This is the only splatfest where I'm actually really pondering my team choice, pirates or ninjas. I like "YOU ARE A PIRATE" but Ninjas are ninjas...
Same here. I may have to consider either doing another coin flip or representing Team Purple again.

E: Actually, I've already supported Team Purple enough times. Might as well give Pirates a shot!

Last edited:
My decision was made from the time it was announced. It should be obvious considering that the biggest x-factor in the Splatfest will be the significant percentage of players who are from Pittsburgh, PA or are students of Seton Hall University or East Carolina University or just about anybody who is a fan of any sports team with "Pirates" for a nickname.

And because of that I chose Team NINJA! So, yeah, **** a pirate. #arrghmyass

Hey, I had my post ready. :P

I SHALL BE A NINJA PIRATE.
(I like to think I am sneaky when I play Splatoon, and I like pirates over ninjas, so ninja pirate it is!)

Okay. . .
Ninjas have purple ink.
But I saw a zillion Ninja tees in the plaza yesterday and zero pirate tees. That doesn't bode well for them. My theory is that when you have a bigger team, you may not have more bad players, but it's harder for the matchmaking system to consistently put together decent players. Since it's easier with the less popular side, they win more.

Still, Ninjas have purple ink.
What to do. . . what to do. . .

I'm so unsure which team to pick. I can tell Ninjas are going to be much more popular, and having been on Team Planes, it was terrible having to battle my own team 50 percent of the time.

If it looks like Ninjas definitely have the popular vote, I'll go with Pirates. Every time I'm on the more popular team, the other team gets more wins. Whenever I'm on the less popular team, the popular team's popularity points help them pull ahead.

I just want to win one Splatfest, I've participated in every single one, and lost all of them.

I'm so unsure which team to pick. I can tell Ninjas are going to be much more popular, and having been on Team Planes, it was terrible having to battle my own team 50 percent of the time.

If it looks like Ninjas definitely have the popular vote, I'll go with Pirates. Every time I'm on the more popular team, the other team gets more wins. Whenever I'm on the less popular team, the popular team's popularity points help them pull ahead.

I just want to win one Splatfest, I've participated in every single one, and lost all of them.
Amen.
We share our losses.

So far, almost everyone I've seen has joined team Ninjas (including me). I've only seen one pirate. It's not going to be that fun if there are barely any people on one side.

I would like to side with Ninja because I like Ninjas, but if the last Splatfest taught me anything, it's that the more popular team will get crushed (I was going to side with Cars but chose planes instead). Soooooo... Pirates may be my team.
Well, Marshmallows won because their popularity was ridiculous.

As for this one…I think I'm going with Ninjas. Becasue Shy Guy and Espio. 'Nuff said.

I'm assuming this means Ninjas will be fighting each other in Splatfest Battle A LOT because I never saw a person wearing team pirates T-Shirt at all yesterday

Well...Wins is now X6...

I guess I'm gonna have to go with Team Pirates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom