• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New NA Splatfest: Pirates vs. Ninjas (10/30/15)

Pirates or Ninjas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome. It has already been two weeks! Nintendo has just announced the theme for the upcoming North American Splatfest! This time, inklings are asked to choose between pirates and ninjas.

The Splatfest itself will take place just in time for Halloween, starting at 9 PM PT on October 30th, 2015. In addition to all of this, Nintendo has announced that the Splatfest multiplier for wins has been updated from 4 to 6!

Which side do you prefer? What is your opinion of the Splatfest theme? Let me know down in the comments section below and feel free to vote in the poll as well!

For more fresh Splatoon content, please keep your eyes peeled to Squidboards!

Comments

I had planes v planes 50% of the time. Couldn't add to the total.
Maybe every time the other team can't get enough players they lose a half a win.

i kinda don't like the theme of this splatfest (the whole pirates vs. ninjas thing is overdone imo and honestly i don't get why they're pitted against each other at all) but i like pirates better than ninjas, so i guess i'll just side with pirates. at any rate, i'm glad another splatfest is happening! gotta get those super sea snails~

I'm so unsure which team to pick. I can tell Ninjas are going to be much more popular, and having been on Team Planes, it was terrible having to battle my own team 50 percent of the time.

If it looks like Ninjas definitely have the popular vote, I'll go with Pirates. Every time I'm on the more popular team, the other team gets more wins. Whenever I'm on the less popular team, the popular team's popularity points help them pull ahead.

I just want to win one Splatfest, I've participated in every single one, and lost all of them.
I feel your pain mate. At this point I don't even care about winning anymore, just choosing whichever team I like moar and playing for however long and hard I feel like! 18 snails is good enough for me!

Honestly, 18 is more than enough. Right now, I'm only focusing on getting max slots for all my gear. Only if I finish up there will I consider rerolls, and that'll be a big if since I honestly want Nintendo to put in more gear later on in a big whole-number-version update.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Saturday midnight!

Man, I can't believe we lost. Even with the less-pouplarity advantage, I thought the pirates would get destroyed. I played up to well past king and only lost like twice out of the 30+ times I fought them. Salt.

As a Pirate this splatfest, I enjoyed the thorough weeaboo crushing. I checked popularity poles before I chose my team. It was a disgusting majority towards ninjas. I ask why so many people wanted to be a back-stabbing sea snake. I, the fair African-American Blaster user, took it upon myself to crush the ninja rebellion, whom my enemies sought to hide behind walls and curtains of shadowy ink. Remember this Ninjas, you can't hide from my CANNONS!!!!!! Ya'll back stabbing sea snakes and by God you died like them! Oh, and I have been plundering your wife's booty as well.

As a Pirate this splatfest, I enjoyed the thorough weeaboo crushing. I checked popularity poles before I chose my team. It was a disgusting majority towards ninjas. I ask why so many people wanted to be a back-stabbing sea snake. I, the fair African-American Blaster user, took it upon myself to crush the ninja rebellion, whom my enemies sought to hide behind walls and curtains of shadowy ink. Remember this Ninjas, you can't hide from my CANNONS!!!!!! Ya'll back stabbing sea snakes and by God you died like them! Oh, and I have been plundering your wife's booty as well.

A weeaboo is someone outside of Japan who takes their love for Japan to ridiculous levels, such as only looking at Japanese media and intentionally using the Japanese language for no real reason, not to mention cursing the fact that they aren't Japanese and more. That's an insult that likely doesn't fit almost all of the real people who simply like ninjas because they're cool to them and not because they're Japanese related.

What baffled me is how ninjas were more popular then pirates...

Oh well, Pirates won in the end.

I for one was a pirate.

Also I think I battled with pewdiepie ( I hate that little idiot, don't hurt me, please!) but I checked If he was doing a playthrough... Nope... Must be a duplicate... I really hate it when people ( other than the actual youtuber) use youtubers names.

I for one was a pirate.

Also I think I battled with pewdiepie ( I hate that little idiot, don't hurt me, please!) but I checked If he was doing a playthrough... Nope... Must be a duplicate... I really hate it when people ( other than the actual youtuber) use youtubers names.
I had someone with that name too but most likely a faker. I am a Team Pirates member.

I really feel that popularity truly shouldn't matter that much if you have 24 hours of matches to play, failure is on the players and the players alone, don't complain about the x6 multiplier, the winning is deserved through skill, not just votes

I really feel that popularity truly shouldn't matter that much if you have 24 hours of matches to play, failure is on the players and the players alone, don't complain about the x6 multiplier, the winning is deserved through skill, not just votes
True, but popularity is all but worthless at this point. It makes sense that it shouldn't be worth as much as wins of course, but now they might as well get rid of it all together. I liked it better when it was x4, when popularity could actually help your team. Combining the uselessness of that score with the fact that the less popular team has the advantage (they don't fight their own team, so they have a higher potential for scoring wins that count), popularity has become worthless for the final score.

I for one was a pirate.

This is the same effect as Autobots/Decepticons: all the little kids who watch Saturday morning cartoons about TMNT and Power Rangers and such signed up to play for their heroes. So ninjas got super popular but ended up losing bigtime for the same reason.

Also, PLEASE knock it back to x4, or at least x5. x6 is an insult. All it means is that winning popularity means your side is cursed to get the snot beaten out of them by really concentrated high-level teams. PLEASE.

But for the record, I too was a pirate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom