New Splatoon Team: Octo Airlines

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
*Airline Announcement Sound*
Howdy passengers, this is your captain ThestralZ speaking, we're about to takeoff from Marlin Airport into some beautiful skies, however seeing as we are a bit short staffed, we will be inviting anyone in the cabin to come right on up to the cocpit and join us as staff.

WHO I AM:
In-Game Name: セストラルZ
Weapons: CJR, Range Blaster, flex to most front line and mid line supports
Ranks: S+ 10
SZ: 2064.3 X
TC: 2371.3 X
RM: 2159.2 X
CB: 2272.9 X
Splatoon 3: 940h
Timezone: ET

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:
New/Low Level Players (Low Ink Eligible/Below Div 8)
Has a Squidboard Account
THAT'S IT
It doesn't matter what you play, as long as you can be a little flexible. I want chill players who want to learn how to play competitive Splatoon together and be friends!

Thank you for flying with Octo Airlines! Restrooms will open in a few minutes once we reach cruising altitude.

Last edited:

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
LOL this announcement, and also (I assume) the auto-censor striking again. Fantastic.

This is interesting in the sense that 'chill friends trying to learn competitive together' is pretty much what I need but I probably fail the "be a little flexible" portion since I have a blood-oath with tetras to at least stick with them until I get to S+.

Also like, I am still probably not ready to join a team until I can manage to get to S+ anyway because people who say they're cool with low-skill folks are often unprepared for how low-skill I actually am and I feel like I should actually fix that first before inflicting it on others lol

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Also like, I am still probably not ready to join a team until I can manage to get to S+ anyway because people who say they're cool with low-skill folks are often unprepared for how low-skill I actually am and I feel like I should actually fix that first before inflicting it on others lol
I want to give a like to this post because I like the "learning comp but in a chill way" approach, but I can't because of the last part, so here, I shall now grumble instead:

grgvjdghgevzhedgfgrrrrrzddezdeeeeeggggggvfffrrrrgggghregf

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
LOL this announcement, and also (I assume) the auto-censor striking again. Fantastic.

This is interesting in the sense that 'chill friends trying to learn competitive together' is pretty much what I need but I probably fail the "be a little flexible" portion since I have a blood-oath with tetras to at least stick with them until I get to S+.

I would be happy to play some Anarchy Open with you to see where your skill set if that would make you more comfortable

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I can't fly Octo Airlines as an Inkling :(

I hit S recently but been focused on SR-ing, trying to hit all 9s on all maps 😁 but if you're making a laid-back group, I'm game!

Here are some videos of me

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I'm not looking to full-on join a team right now but have been looking for more teams to sub for if they're down a member and really want to play in a particular tournament / scrim. If you end up making a Discord server please let me know!

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I want to give a like to this post because I like the "learning comp but in a chill way" approach, but I can't because of the last part, so here, I shall now grumble instead:

grgvjdghgevzhedgfgrrrrrzddezdeeeeeggggggvfffrrrrgggghregf
pffffhaha, okay that's fair.

I would be happy to play some Anarchy Open with you to see where your skill set if that would make you more comfortable
You know what. That's actually a really good idea. Mildly terrifying but I need to get over it anyway, hah.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
What would tryouts look like? I'm potentially interested if you're still looking, but as someone with both zero competitive experience and is just generally... quite anxious and uncertain about whether or not I'd both enjoy it or be good at it lol, I'd like to know a bit more in terms of how things would operate. Also as others said, the announcement post is VERY cute and funny. I appreciate the change to cocpit LOL

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
What would tryouts look like? I'm potentially interested if you're still looking, but as someone with both zero competitive experience and is just generally... quite anxious and uncertain about whether or not I'd both enjoy it or be good at it lol, I'd like to know a bit more in terms of how things would operate. Also as others said, the announcement post is VERY cute and funny. I appreciate the change to cocpit LOL
My apologies, I got 5 people interested already so I think I have to close this thread. Thank you so much anyways, I hope you come watch us play in the future!

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
My apologies, I got 5 people interested already so I think I have to close this thread. Thank you so much anyways, I hope you come watch us play in the future!
S'all good! I actually purposefully was watching the thread to post only after several people were interested lol, I figured I'd rather risk coming in too late, instead of instantly answering and getting myself in too deep. Excited to see where y'all go!

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Alright folks, thank you so much for your cooperation. We are happy to report that we now have a full flight crew and will be departing shortly. I am especially happy to announce that every single member of our crew is a frequent Squidboards user, meaning everyone will feel right at home. Please put your chairs into the upright position and stow your tray tables. Crew prepare for takeoff!​

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Alright folks, thank you so much for your cooperation. We are happy to report that we now have a full flight crew and will be departing shortly. I am especially happy to announce that every single member of our crew is a frequent Squidboards user, meaning everyone will feel right at home. Please put your chairs into the upright position and stow your tray tables. Crew prepare for takeoff!​
Alright we have our team!
Captain: @ThestralZ (Flex)
Team: @Lisku (Slayer)
@chaotik0 (Flex)
@Aiko.Octo (Skirmisher)
@briank913 (Slayer)
Captain/Sub: @DzNutsKong
Thank you to everyone who expressed interest (Especially to Catalyst and Grushi)! We can't wait to start playing in tournaments and to promote Squidboards with our wins.
Alright, captain signing off for now, feel free to roam about the cabins, and I'll get Lisku to unlock the restrooms so y'all don't get ink all over the seats.
*Airline Announcement Jingle*​

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Congrats on the team! It's honestly kinda cool to have an errrm... local? squidboards team haha. If you ever play in any live tournaments I'll be watching them for sure

Me joining would have probably been a bit complicated since uhh... timezones ooh boy so I'm glad you found others Thestral!

Also you've got TWO stamper players on your team, the double sword comps might go crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom