New Squid Sisters Concert Announced + Gachibon Festival!

Nintendo has just announced two new events for fans of Splatoon in Japan! This April, there will both be a second Squid Sisters concert as well as the brand-new Gachibon Festival. It's going to be an exciting month!

The first announcement is a new Squid Sisters live performance. Following up on their wildly successful first concert, the pop duo will be at Nico Nico Choukaigi, a conference for Japan's streaming site Nico Nico Douga, taking place April 29th and 30th. Like the last concert, it will feature hologram projections of Callie and Marie accompanied by a live band. Further details have not yet been announced.

If you missed the Squid Sister's first concert, here a recording of it on Youtube, complete with English subtitles:

Secondly, Nintendo has announced a Gachibon Festival to take place this coming month. “Gachibon” is a combination of the words “Gachi Machi”, the Japanese term for “Ranked Battles”, and “Obon”, a traditional Japanese festival typically celebrated in August. Gachibon, therefore, is the Inkling version of the Obon festival which instead takes place in April. At the Gachibon Festival, attendees will have the opportunity to play in special tourney-style Gachibon Matches. Entry is to be determined via lottery system in anticipation of the high volume of guests.

No similar events have yet been announced for regions outside of Japan, but here's hoping they make it the rest of the globe someday. After all, who wouldn't want a Squid Sisters world tour?

Sources:

Comments

If there's ever a Squid Sisters concert in America, I might not even be able to attend despite how much I want to. I practically live in the middle of nowhere, and I doubt one would be held in Missouri...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom