• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New trailer showcasing a bucket weapon and gataling gun!

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
The Gatling Gun: I wanna love it, but as someone posted earlier, no idea if it's gonna be worth the start up time on that spin in a game where most weapons stop someone in about 2-3 shots at mid-range or less. But I'm sure people will love it for it's existence alone.

The Bucket: Can't wait for Sheldon to explain this masterpiece, this is clearly his greatest creation. 10/10 would spend 10k for this.

That song in the trailer: Why do I love this song so much please add it to the game ASAP

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
yeah im sure they will use the soundtrack in the trailer at some point

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
can anyone explain what the numbers at the end of the trailer signify? Its a date right?

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
can anyone explain what the numbers at the end of the trailer signify? Its a date right?
They're re opening the Global Testfire demo for Japanese users between 8/3-8/9. Probably to entice people who haven't gotten the game yet, which makes sense since a lot of people we're on the fence about lack of content at launch. The August update is gonna make the online content pretty beefy so it makes sense to re-open the demo now.

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Ah okay thank you so much! I was hoping it said the 3rd was when the update was coming :( Maybe it is still though.

I mostly am hoping for some sweet new clothes and definitely more music. I may play with the bucket or create an alt account just to say I'm a bucket main though lol. Gattling Gun looks like a good weapon to use to cover alot of area real fast. But its real hard to tell in this video.
Also on the maps, all those ledges and corner make me feel pumped as a Blaster player. Just hope they add some more to the like color of them or something. It feels real... desolate to me as all I see is white upon white.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
A gatling gun? A GATLING GUN!?! I am one very happy squidkid! xD

It seems like Splat Fortress 2 is confirmed! Needless to say when playing with the gatling gun, i'll be going around the map feeling like this:
image.jpg

Now all we need are some taunts! Haha jk :P

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
Now all we need are some taunts! Haha
As if Booyah wasn't already a taunt :p

Anyways. Its a bucket... Sheldon just grabbed a few buckets and will undoubtedly make millions off of selling them...

The Minigun looks cool but that wind-up time is just plain gross.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
The Gatling Gun: I wanna love it, but as someone posted earlier, no idea if it's gonna be worth the start up time on that spin in a game where most weapons stop someone in about 2-3 shots at mid-range or less. But I'm sure people will love it for it's existence alone.
I think it'll be a more strategic, defensive weapon. Like, you hide behind a corner and wait for unsuspecting opponents, or have a teammate distract a group and then go to town...

Or have a Medic attach his lips to your butt

Last edited:

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
RIP This quote.

But nah I was thinking about it just now, this is probably going to be a long range high ROF weapon. This weapon would be terrible at stealth because of it's windup - sure you could sneak up on people with it in the ink, but if you're on defense with this thing you're at a disadvantage. There are already high ROF close/mid range weapons (Aerosprays, N-Zap, O-Matics). The GameXplain analysis noted that when Inkling girl uses the gun, she closes her eye, much like a charger. While I'm still not sure what category it will be placed in, I'm pretty sure the gatling gun will be able to fire at long distances like a charger with a high ROF, but, it will have terrible recoil because of it. So it'll be a path clearer like a gatling gun usually is, even more so since if it does have long range, players will quite literally be able to use it like a pathway to swim into enemy territory.

So defensive, yes, but in the sense that it's the loud support weapon and not really a sneak weapon.

Last edited:

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
My personal predictions on the new weapons is that the Minigun will definitely be a charger and that the Bucket might be a roller. Just like Chargers, the Minigun's user closes one of their eyes to get precise aiming. Another fact leading it to be like a charger is that it has wind-up time. To understand what a main weapon's primary category is in this game, you have to understand the control schemes of each weapon. For Chargers, you must hold the ZR button, and then release it to fire the weapon. For Shooters, holding the ZR button makes the weapon continuously fire. For Rollers, tapping the ZR button will cause you to to fire the weapon, but unlike Chargers, holding the ZR button while moving will make you do a secondary action.

The Charger scheme seems to fit the Minigun the most. I predict that it will be a music box style charger, in that instead of releasing all of the wind-up in an instant, it will release in a slow and steady stream, like the song in a music box. Also, just like a music box, the speed at which it unwinds will always be the same. The longer you wind this weapon up, the longer its range (and maybe the stronger its shot power). In essence, the wind-up time is as long as you want it to be, just like the charge time for a charger. Just remember that you will get more benefits from charging it longer than you will from charging it shorter. (this is all still theory though)

Last edited:

Green inker

Full Squid
NNID
sonimario2000
Was gonna make post regarding the GREATNESS of the mini gun, Something Heavy related included, but everyone else already posted about, so I'll leave this here.

Howl7

Pro Squid
I'm a lot surprised by the bucket weapon and i'm happy to see a gatling gun, i want to try them now!

Really good trailer! Thanks Nintendo. :) Clap! clap! clap!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
My personal predictions on the new weapons is that the Minigun will definitely be a charger and that the Bucket might be a roller. Just like Chargers, the Minigun's user closes one of their eyes to get precise aiming. Another fact leading it to be like a charger is that it has wind-up time. To understand what a main weapon's primary category is in this game, you have to understand the control schemes of each weapon. For Chargers, you must hold the ZR button, and then release it to fire the weapon. For Shooters, holding the ZR button makes the weapon continuously fire. For Rollers, tapping the ZR button will cause you to to fire the weapon, but unlike Chargers, holding the ZR button while moving will make you do a secondary action.

The Charger scheme seems to fit the Minigun the most. I predict that it will be a music box style charger, in that instead of releasing all of the wind-up in an instant, it will release in a slow and steady stream, like the song in a music box. Also, just like a music box, the speed at which it unwinds will always be the same. The longer you wind this weapon up, the longer its range (and maybe the stronger its shot power). In essence, the wind-up time is as long as you want it to be, just like the charge time for a charger. Just remember that you will get more benefits from charging it longer than you will from charging it shorter. (this is all still theory though)
So if the bucket was a roller would you just dump pain as you held down the trigger? reminds me of this:
Anyways since we have 3 categories- Chargers, Shooters, and Rollers that are broken into Blasters, whatever the Nosslenose is, and brushes. I am hoping the Gatling gun is a charger because it is the only weapon class without variation unless you count the scopes.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Actually they're entirely new weapon types, buckets are "BigBall" weapons (internally, chargers shooters and rollers have their own class), and the Gatling guns are exactly that. Leftovers from dev have BigBall_Strong, BigBall_Diffusion, BigBall_Launcher, Gatling_Standard, and Gatling_Hyper. I'm betting that those two are the first ones in the list, BigBall_Strong, and Gatling_Standard. Makes sense to hide the ones that'd shake things up. See: http://pastie.org/pastes/10310878/text

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
So if the bucket was a roller would you just dump pain as you held down the trigger? reminds me of this:
Anyways since we have 3 categories- Chargers, Shooters, and Rollers that are broken into Blasters, whatever the Nosslenose is, and brushes. I am hoping the Gatling gun is a charger because it is the only weapon class without variation unless you count the scopes.
Raspberry gun.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Actually they're entirely new weapon types, buckets are "BigBall" weapons (internally, chargers shooters and rollers have their own class), and the Gatling guns are exactly that. Leftovers from dev have BigBall_Strong, BigBall_Diffusion, BigBall_Launcher, Gatling_Standard, and Gatling_Hyper. I'm betting that those two are the first ones in the list, BigBall_Strong, and Gatling_Standard. Makes sense to hide the ones that'd shake things up. See: http://pastie.org/pastes/10310878/text
It said in the text for the Gatling Guns that they are a type of charger. Also SUB CATEGORY FOR CHARGERS CONFIRMED!!!!!!

t said in the text for the Gatling Guns that they are a type of charger. Also SUB CATEGORY FOR CHARGERS CONFIRMED!!!!!!
My brother, it is true. Chargers will finally get their own sub category of weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Those sound interesting. I wonder if each Bucket/Gatling-type weapon have different properties, or they're just restats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom