• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New trailer showcasing a bucket weapon and gataling gun!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Actually they're entirely new weapon types, buckets are "BigBall" weapons (internally, chargers shooters and rollers have their own class), and the Gatling guns are exactly that. Leftovers from dev have BigBall_Strong, BigBall_Diffusion, BigBall_Launcher, Gatling_Standard, and Gatling_Hyper. I'm betting that those two are the first ones in the list, BigBall_Strong, and Gatling_Standard. Makes sense to hide the ones that'd shake things up. See: http://pastie.org/pastes/10310878/text
It said in the text for the Gatling Guns that they are a type of charger. Also SUB CATEGORY FOR CHARGERS CONFIRMED!!!!!!
They definitely seem to be Charger related due to the winking and literal start up time.

Also the buckets sound like a cross of the function and power of blaster type weapons with the nozzlenose type weapons when they are described as throwing out "balls" of ink but no rapid fire. The one that throws out 3 splashes simultaneously sounds cool and I wonder if they will have less range than blasters but not have a sweetspot/damage will be pretty even throughout most of the splash.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
I somehow doubt it, unless they've renamed it since then. Even sub-classes are differently named. EG Roller_Brush (brushes) and Shot_Triple (nozzlenoses) and Shot_Exp (blasters).

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I somehow doubt it, unless they've renamed it since then. Even sub-classes are differently named. EG Roller_Brush (brushes) and Shot_Triple (nozzlenoses) and Shot_Exp (blasters).
No, no, I meant in how they will function. I know the buckets are definitely not blasters haha.

Tmc3102

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lalababy
My friend on Twitch linked me the video as soon as it came out an I was like (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ O YES ALL THE SPLATOON GUDS

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Those are very cool weapons, I cannot wait! (First I gotta afford the weapons we already have.. @.@)

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
The buckets are called Sloshers and the gatlings are called Splatlings.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I never play with Gatling gun before ( or bucket for that matter). I cant wait to try them out once they come out.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Both weapons look like a lot of fun particularly the gatling gun.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
The Ink Brush will forever be my lover, but I REALLY wanna try out that bucket!
It could potentially be a 2nd main!

Another creative weapon, just like the brush!
And hopefully it also requires effort to make good use of it, just like the brush!
...I like working hard.. It feels rewarding in the end when it all turns out great~<3

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I'm really looking forward to see more info on these weapons! Looks like they're really getting creative and I like that.

Sharpzz

Full Squid
Gatling gun looks like a heavy defence weapon and if it has good range it can control areas well just like sniper chargers. I'm interested to see how accurate it is though

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
My own question: What in the heck is that gold dragon head at the very end of that trailer? Feel like I'm missing something here.

Also....bucket. Heck with guns, just give me that thing.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
My own question: What in the heck is that gold dragon head at the very end of that trailer? Feel like I'm missing something here.

The gold dragon head is exclusive to the rainmaker mode we're getting.

As for these new weapons, I'm looking forward to the gatling gun just slightly more than the bucket, but what are the chances that when they're released I'll prefer the bucket more? :rolleyes:

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Bucket all the way! But I want to try both regardless.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys

The gold dragon head is the Rainmaker. It shoots Inkzooka shots after a bit of charging up (at least I think so; it looked like it was charging up at the end of that trailer, but I could be wrong).
Also, after finding out the Splatling is a charger-type weapon, my hype for it has fallen. Hopefully I'm wrong about it, because I want to like this one, but if it's a "charge, then release to shoot ink rapidly for a set period"-type weapon instead of a "wind up, then shoot continuously while holding ZR"-type weapon like I initially expected, I'm not sure I'll enjoy using it (though I thought the same thing about the Nozzlenose, but I ended up liking it after a while).
Still, the bucket looks good, I think I'll enjoy it.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
To be more specific, it's a Shachihoko, a fish with the head of a tiger. According to Japanese folklore it can cause rainfall, and temples are often adorned with gold Shachihoko statues on the roofs.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
To be more specific, it's a Shachihoko, a fish with the head of a tiger. According to Japanese folklore it can cause rainfall, and temples are often adorned with gold Shachihoko statues on the roofs.
Huh, the more you know. Loving the influence for that actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom