New Weapon Inkoming: Rapid Blaster Pro

HI squids! It's Hank from Nintendome! Nintendo has just announced its weekly content update for Splatoon! This time, we are getting hit with the Rapid Blaster Pro.

The Rapid Blaster Pro is equipped with the Seeker sub weapon and the Inkzooka special weapon. It has a fire rate of 30 (equivalent to the Luna Blaster's fire rate) but a range of 65 and an impact value of 35.

While some people are dubious regarding the Rapid Blaster Pro's competitive viability, I still look forward to seeing how this weapon performs in tournaments! If you are level 16 and have 11,200 coins in the bank, you will be able to pick up this new weapon later tonight!

For more fresh Splatoon updates, be sure to check back in at Squidboards!

Comments

Yeah, I think that the range and fire rate of this thing more than makes up for the complete lack of OHKO potential, especially as of 2.2.0. It helps that it has a really useful sub/special combo for surprising foes normally out of the weapon's range.

That said, the Deco alt's Disruptor should also be handy for those moments when someone gets inside your dead zone, so that's something to look forward to later on.

Yeah, I think that the range and fire rate of this thing more than makes up for the complete lack of OHKO potential, especially as of 2.2.0. It helps that it has a really useful sub/special combo for surprising foes normally out of the weapon's range.

That said, the Deco alt's Disruptor should also be handy for those moments when someone gets inside your dead zone, so that's something to look forward to later on.
it's gonna be quite a ways away, probably in a month or two.

After playing with the rapid blaster pro, I feel that sub ink savers are mandatory, as you can only shoot 1 normal shot directly after sending a seeker. 1 sub ink saver main gives you an addition shot, and 2 mains 2 additional shots. 3 mains don't give you 3 additional shots, though.

EDIT: Played with the during Splatfest, till maxing out. Must say that it can be quite beast on Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse. But quite a let down on Moray Towers. But that is my own experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom