New World Championship Shirt

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I got it last night, but didn't see many players wearing it. Do we all get the same main ability and is it a permanent shirt? Or do they take it back like they do Splatfest shirts once the event is over? Meaning after E3 is over.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
The shirts are effectively dlc gear, meaning that they’re permanent. As for the main abilities thing, I don’t know.

I got the shirt with swim speed up, what did you get it with?

Cephalobro

There seems to be some sort of bug where the news about it doesn't show up. I heard somewhere that restarting the Switch or changing regions a few times should solve the issue, I did the latter and it solved the issue for me.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
what are you guys talking about?

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
There seems to be some sort of bug where the news about it doesn't show up. I heard somewhere that restarting the Switch or changing regions a few times should solve the issue, I did the latter and it solved the issue for me.
It was really pissing me off last night that the post wasn't coming up. I could see it when I selected the squid research labs page but from there you can't select specific posts. Thanks for the advice

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I didn't have any issues getting it, but I did see where a Twitch streamer had to restart his Switch to get it.

The shirts are effectively dlc gear, meaning that they’re permanent. As for the main abilities thing, I don’t know.

I got the shirt with swim speed up, what did you get it with?
Swim speed too. The other 2 players I saw last night had swim speed too.....so I guess there's only one ability.

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
what are you guys talking about?
If you open the game via a button in a particular recent news article (it will be obvious which one when you open the news tab) you get an in game item (tshirt).

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i seen some other players walking around with a shirt like that..i feel dumb for asking but is there some kind of world championship showing up we can join or something? :o

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
i seen some other players walking around with a shirt like that..i feel dumb for asking but is there some kind of world championship showing up we can join or something? :scared:
The World Championship is for the 4 teams competing at E3 coming up this week, but the game is giving us these shirts in honor of the event. Check Nintendo news on your Switch for the link to get the shirt

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
i seen some other players walking around with a shirt like that..i feel dumb for asking but is there some kind of world championship showing up we can join or something? :scared:
It's a reference to the old 1990 NES competition they had with the custom cart with SMB/Rad Racer/Tetris on it. They brought the same logo and branding back in recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom