• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest: Flight or Invisibility, Time to Choose!

Which team do plan to support?

• Team Flight!

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • Team Invisibility!

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Though I like flight better, I'm choosing invisibility since the "pros tend to choose the less popular one" thing seems to have transferred over to Splatoon 2 unfortunately. I chose Ketchup last Splatfest and look what happened there.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Welp, until today my friend list on the splatnett app were almost evened out. Now the scales have tipped in favour of flight. Meanwhile, I can't find or don't have clothes to fit with the theme of invisibility as opposed to flight. And invisibility just gets a boring green shade of ink? I may have to play against my pervy lil octoling for this fest. Even though my lobby is leaning invisible. =/

spawnteam.jpg

I know, right? Where are our teammates even getting this invisible ink?!

theme.jpg

*theme music suddenly blares*

pervstat.jpg

Marina darlin'... don't change, don't ever change.

judgingyou.jpg

Our awkward silence? Not awe, just judging...

socute.jpg

But your adorableness isn't!!

Maave

Inkling Commander
Team Invis! Actually I'd probably pick flight but my irl friends are picking Invis so I'm going to play with them

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
Team flight because invisibility is a lame superpower. Flight is way better.

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
In all honesty, not sure which side to choose. Both invisibility and flight sound cool, but I feel like I'm leaning more towards flight since my older brother is in Air Force ROTC. Still not sure though :P

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Is it bad that my main source of uncertainty is because I prefer invisibility as a power but I prefer Flight's ink color

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Is it bad that my main source of uncertainty is because I prefer invisibility as a power but I prefer Flight's ink color
I was so surprised and happy when I saw that flight's colour is purple. :D If you look at the board in the plaza it very much looks like it would've been blue. :) (I'm nutso about purpso...)

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I was so surprised and happy when I saw that flight's colour is purple. :D If you look at the board in the plaza it very much looks like it would've been blue. :) (I'm nutso about purpso...)
You mean.. it's not blue? Looks plenty blue to me.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Seeing lots of team flight supporters lately. I will have to fight extra hard for my invisible compatriots.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's crazy how much the "friends are mostly on blank team" factor determines a lot of people's choices in Splatfest in this game. Not surprising of course, it's just an interesting effect of this format.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
It's crazy how much the "friends are mostly on blank team" factor determines a lot of people's choices in Splatfest in this game. Not surprising of course, it's just an interesting effect of this format.
Huh. I've never really noticed what they're picking.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Seen this a lot but interestingly enough me and my friend tend to go for opposite teams most of the time. The most notable one was "Pineapple on Pizza, yes or no?" where I opted for team disgusting and she opted for delicious. We kept arguing over this all splatfest long. :D

Edit: Typos. Still growing accustomed to the new keyboard. *grumbles*

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Invisibility is for pervs.

I don't understand people's need to often bring science into these kind of superpower discussions. No, you WON'T freeze or tear your face off from flying, and yes you WILL still see when you're invisible. You would never be able to turn invisible IRL either, so what's the point?

Anyway, I'm on team Invisibility.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Invisibility is for pervs.

I don't understand people's need to often bring science into these kind of superpower discussions. No, you WON'T freeze or tear your face off from flying, and yes you WILL still see when you're invisible. You would never be able to turn invisible IRL either, so what's the point?

Anyway, I'm on team Invisibility.
Because superpowers are traditionally derived from comic books. Heck, the icon for Flight even has the classic Superman pose! And what do comics feature tons of? Attempts at scientifically explaining the nonsense that's going on! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom