• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest: Flight or Invisibility, Time to Choose!

Which team do plan to support?

• Team Flight!

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • Team Invisibility!

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Anyone mind sharing how they think the Splatfest matchup is turning out? I hopped on last night and played in the 1900s for a few hours. Had fun, and won about 60% of my matches as a member of team invisibility. No mirror matches (which is why I picked invisibility), and based on my experience invisibility may be a little bit ahead. Alas, I'm just one squid... What's everyone else's experience so far?

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Hey, you guys could have it worse. My connections bad enough that I haven't played any matches whatsoever.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Anyone mind sharing how they think the Splatfest matchup is turning out? I hopped on last night and played in the 1900s for a few hours. Had fun, and won about 60% of my matches as a member of team invisibility. No mirror matches (which is why I picked invisibility), and based on my experience invisibility may be a little bit ahead. Alas, I'm just one squid... What's everyone else's experience so far?
I was playing in the 1900-2000s for pretty much all of my time. My total win rate was about 72%, but discounting mirror matches it's probably more like 80%. I definitely got the impression that Invisibility teams were stronger in general than Flight teams - I lost more matches against other Invisibility players than I did to Flight players, and victories were a lot narrower. If my experience is any indication then I'd say Invisibility is in with a good chance of taking it in the Oceania region, though since we're counted as part of Europe it's hard to say how the final results will go. For all I know, Flight is dominating in Europe proper.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hey, you guys could have it worse. My connections bad enough that I haven't played any matches whatsoever.
Same here. Thankfully I'm in Europe so I still have 23.5 hours for my wifi to get its act together.

I did take a look at the Shifty Station map in recon quickly, and I'm a little surprised that it's completely different from the Mayo/Ketchup Shifty Station. I hope that these will come back in some form after the Splatfests end, because if we're only getting 24h to play on them that would suck.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Same here. Thankfully I'm in Europe so I still have 23.5 hours for my wifi to get its act together.

I did take a look at the Shifty Station map in recon quickly, and I'm a little surprised that it's completely different from the Mayo/Ketchup Shifty Station. I hope that these will come back in some form after the Splatfests end, because if we're only getting 24h to play on them that would suck.
It would mean we would have like 24 different Shifty Stations. But yeah: It looks completely different this time. I wouldn't be supprised to to have a completely different version next time.

Anyway: I as a Flying guy I would say I have won like 60-70% But after the first 5 matches I only won once. But I didn't had a splatfest power at this point.

EDIT: I didn't had any mirror matches yet. Oh: I had a invisibility team which had a splatfest power which were like 200 points over us. That is bad balancing: Of course we lost.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Actually had very few mirror matches for once! I thought for sure flight would be way more popular, but it seems the numbers are pretty even this time. I certainly did my part, winning the vast majority of my games on my way to King rank. I mostly used Sloshing Machine which I thought wouldn't be great in turf war since Stingray is really useless there as it cannot paint. Man I can't wait until the Sloshing Machine gets an actual special with how good I've already been doing with it!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I had a fantastic run with my friends. We went 22-7, which is incredibly solid. Shout-outs to @Hero of Lime , @ThatBerkawitzSquid , and JakeTheSnake!
Easily one of my favorite Splatfest experiences. Had a real blast with our team. c:

Shifty Station was a real highlight, I loooooved this version of the map. It felt large, expansive, and pretty open allowing for cool battles and passive inking. I'm kinda sad that there is a chance I will never play on this map again after this Splatfest.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
It feels like team Flight will lose because of the an even worse balancing than in the previous splatfest. It happends 1 single time where I played with a team than had over 2000 point of Flight Power.

Here are my results up to this point:
Matches Played: 31 (Mirror Matches: 0)
Wins: 19 (~61,.3%)
Loses: 12 (~38.7%)

My Splatfestpower: 1950 - 2050. Most of the time over 2010.

EDIT: Had multiple Mirror Matches now. I think I always needs a little until you meet the first teams from your own team. However: I will not update my results now.

Last edited:

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Might need a good team to play with if anyone is on Invisibility.... because so far, team Flight is kicking my teeth in.
Was having the same problem laast night. At one point my invisibility trammates and I lost like 17 in a row. I'd think ok, We have a 32, 21, 24 and me, (38). They have a 7 a 9 a14 and a 20 (these are random numbers but this is the type of matches i was getting) and we'd get absolutely murdered. Every match I felt like no mater what level my teammates were, they were all like 5's. Stopped ever looking at the map because every time i did whole team grouped rogether and not moving..Was brutal.. Hoping I have better luck today:)

Egg Queen

Full Squid
I've been doing pretty good! I played 21 solo games earlier and won 14 of them :^) Also, I haven't had a single mirror match yet (team flight btw), though I do plan on playing more to reach queen status so maybe that could change :o
Last splatfest was just a bunch of mirror matches and losses against mayo but this one is exciting!

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I'm losing every match again Team Flight. The matchmaking is just outrageous today.

EDIT: ok so not every single one. I just checked Splatnet. Have to say that what I saw wasn't much better. I've done 24 Splatfest matches so far and I've lost 18 of them.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
20-14 over here on team Flight, decent enough. Felt like i could've won a lot more games if i didn't threw by dying in the last 30 seconds, but sometimes it gets hard when you're the (second to) last squid standing and 2-3 peeps start gunning for you.

And i swear i've seen more than a fair share of invisibles using Inkjet, buncha traitors! That's our special!

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Ok so I'm n
20-14 over here on team Flight, decent enough. Felt like i could've won a lot more games if i didn't threw by dying in the last 30 seconds, but sometimes it gets hard when you're the (second to) last squid standing and 2-3 peeps start gunning for you.

And i swear i've seen more than a fair share of invisibles using Inkjet, buncha traitors! That's our special!
I was wondering why there were so many Inkjets....

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Just had a 1v3 Splatfest match. How does this even count? It shouldn't, I'm sorry my team either left or disconnected for some reason, but how is it my fault?!
DIv5DjWW0AEuGTH.jpg

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Matchmaking is terrible this Splatfest. Saw a level 9, 9, 11, 50 team vs. a 45, 38, 24, 48 earlier. Say what you will, but level matters for gear. Heck, there's not even the opportunity to abuse the ZR button with a Tri-Slosher or Octobrush for those low levels!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Aside from those first few matches that made me switch to the Tri-Slosher, I'd say I did pretty well this Splatfest. About 80% of my matches against Team Flight ended in victory for Invisibility, and the two mirror matches I had were against players who knew what they were doing. Invisibility's going to have it in the bag this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom