• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Nintendo Direct for Splatoon Announced for May 7th

Nintendo's ink-splattering team shooter gets its own Nintendo Direct online broadcast a week from today on May 7th. This special edition Nintendo Direct will air in North America, Europe, Oceania, and Japan at the following times:

Japan - 11pm JST

North America - 10am EST

United Kingdom - 3pm BST

Europe - 4pm CEST

Australia/New Zealand - 12am AEST

Be sure to stay with us here at Squidboards for the latest news that comes with this Direct!

TheRapture

Comments

This is great news...but 9am on a weekday?! I don't even wake up for work until 11. I suppose I will be waking up early that day!

Referring to the beta forum thread on this: To be clear, I didn't entirely doubt that there would be a Direct at all, I just figured it wouldn't be global, since Splatoon is a shooter (not the hottest genre in Japan) and the main focus ought to be to get Japanese gamers to play it. I admit that I am pleasantly surprised the Direct will be directed at regions throughout the world as well. I do wonder if this was the original intention, however.

This is great news...but 9am on a weekday?! I don't even wake up for work until 11. I suppose I will be waking up early that day!
Unless your like me and one of those people that wakes up early when they're excited for something that is early in the morning on that day.

Ugh I have a dentist appointment one hour after the direct so I'll likely be driving to the dentist when it happens. D:

I'm more curious about the direct than hyped, there's so much content I know about Splatoon, what can they show for a direct?

I am personally looking forward to hopefully some new features, maps, and/or content to be shown at this direct! I do love many Nintendo games, but the past few Directs I have to admit I watched live mostly for Splatoon stuff :p

Ugh I have a dentist appointment one hour after the direct so I'll likely be driving to the dentist when it happens. D:
just watch while driving.
It was a joke...plz don't do that lol

I'm more curious about the direct than hyped, there's so much content I know about Splatoon, what can they show for a direct?
there is actually so much that still needs to be known about the multiplayer, connectivity, etc.
So much we gotta know

I hope there's a confirmation for how long the direct is going to be soon. I hope it's over in less than an hour so I can start downloading it in my first class and watch it during my break.

Wooooo. New info!

A nintendo direct is the best possible outcome as that means there has to be some huge content they kept under wraps until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom