• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo Direct for Splatoon Announced for May 7th

Nintendo's ink-splattering team shooter gets its own Nintendo Direct online broadcast a week from today on May 7th. This special edition Nintendo Direct will air in North America, Europe, Oceania, and Japan at the following times:

Japan - 11pm JST

North America - 10am EST

United Kingdom - 3pm BST

Europe - 4pm CEST

Australia/New Zealand - 12am AEST

Be sure to stay with us here at Squidboards for the latest news that comes with this Direct!

TheRapture

Comments

As I said on smashboards, I am hyped, but I wonder how much left could they show without showcasing everything?
There's still a lot of stuff that people want more details about, such as how playing with friends will work, new game modes, how perks work, etc. It's fine if they keep details of singleplayer to a minimum but they should really talk more about a lot of the multiplayer elements that people still have many questions about.

I never watch these live unless i'm feeling bored (then I watch someone like etika watch it.) But i'm super hype!

There's still a lot of stuff that people want more details about, such as how playing with friends will work, new game modes, how perks work, etc. It's fine if they keep details of singleplayer to a minimum but they should really talk more about a lot of the multiplayer elements that people still have many questions about.
True, I could see a 30 minute direct from this. I like some surprises though, even in multiplayer, so I hope it's not showcased so much that hype dies down when you actually play it.

Oh man, I can't wait! I love Nintendo Directs, and a 30 minute all-Splatoon focused Direct sounds like music to my ears!

I really hope its jam packed full of information. Its a day before my birthday so its a little early birthday present from Nintendo to me. :)

I've never seen a direct. Is it something you have to watch when it airs, or you don't get to watch it at all. Or can you watch it later?

I've never seen a direct. Is it something you have to watch when it airs, or you don't get to watch it at all. Or can you watch it later?
You can watch it later as Nintendo always posts them on youtube. That's how I watch them if I happen to be unable to watch them live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom