Nintendo fan art thread (and chat room owo)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
XD

I haven't read any of Ginger's stories.
*Locks behind safe* They're private!

XD Well, most of them are

I did submit a story for my school's Creativity Extravaganza but later on I looked at it and it was crap

Edit: Thanks for the compliment, Quibbles!

Cleaning up/packing up unwanted books, talk to you later!

Edit: Hey @⭐️Zapfish⭐️ I'm thinking that Grandpa might be a Glass Inkling, like Agent 4. I don't have a planned relationship between them, but who knows
Which violates what I said about him yayy
But he's like half invisible most the time anyway so

So it's now my headcanon that for espionage and spying Octarians had Mimics and Inklings had Glass Inklings

Last edited:

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Awww thank you!!! I'll probably draw a ship pic between kaleb and Elysia next. That'll be a first for me :p

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I'm actually crying right now because ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR IS THE WORST!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DRAW INKLINGS WHEN I CAN HARDLY DRAW A BLOB!!!!!
*screams*
*continues crying and ranting*

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
*pats shoulder and hugs*

I'll probably have a worse time with it XD

Donut worry -Renzo

Hey, you could potentially do a sketch and scan it in and stuff
You would have to read more on it

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
I have no idea what any of your tech stuff means... That's why I stick to plain paper.

Here's some concept art for a sharkling for trio's au!
image.jpeg

I'm also still working on that ship picture I mentioned earlier.

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Just realized how late I am to post this, but Noice!
I also Just re-read these last two pages, and all this talk makes me want to draw a glass inkling!

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Out of curiosity, what graphics programs are everyone using for art production? I've drawn mainly using Colors! 3D on my 3DS, but I do have Adobe Photoshop Elements as well (it was bundled with my graphics tablet).

I'm actually crying right now because ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR IS THE WORST!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DRAW INKLINGS WHEN I CAN HARDLY DRAW A BLOB!!!!!
*screams*
*continues crying and ranting*
Out of Adobe's suite of applications, I think you want to be using Photoshop instead of Illustrator. They are for very different types of computer graphics. Photoshop is for editing what is called raster graphics—your everyday images made up of pixels, like photos and videos. Meanwhile, Illustrator is for editing vector graphics.

Now, the program that I know that you've used before (I think the name was something like “Queeky Paint”?) looks like a raster editor to me.

So, vector graphics are pretty different than what you're probably used to. They are actually a whole bunch of points making up lines and polygons—if math and geometry class is coming to your mind, you're thinking right on track. (It also shares the same concept/math/technology that's behind modern computer fonts.)

While it's more complicated in a way, vector graphics does has its advantages, and is particularly suited for stuff like diagrams and charts. Making vector artwork is its own set of skills since the concepts are really quite different.

If you've got any questions on the whole raster/vector graphics thing, I'm happy to try to answer them. :)

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Out of curiosity, what graphics programs are everyone using for art production? I've drawn mainly using Colors! 3D on my 3DS, but I do have Adobe Photoshop Elements as well (it was bundled with my graphics tablet).

Out of Adobe's suite of applications, I think you want to be using Photoshop instead of Illustrator. They are for very different types of computer graphics. Photoshop is for editing what is called raster graphics—your everyday images made up of pixels, like photos and videos. Meanwhile, Illustrator is for editing vector graphics.

Now, the program that I know that you've used before (I think the name was something like “Queeky Paint”?) looks like a raster editor to me.

So, vector graphics are pretty different than what you're probably used to. They are actually a whole bunch of points making up lines and polygons—if math and geometry class is coming to your mind, you're thinking right on track. (It also shares the same concept/math/technology that's behind modern computer fonts.)

While it's more complicated in a way, vector graphics does has its advantages, and is particularly suited for stuff like diagrams and charts. Making vector artwork is its own set of skills since the concepts are really quite different.

If you've got any questions on the whole raster/vector graphics thing, I'm happy to try to answer them. :)
Yes, I used to use QueekyPaint and changed to Medibang, which is what I use now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom