• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo GameCube social thread!~ ■

Marxally

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marxally

Wellcome to the GCN thread, here you can talk about the console and about the wonderful games it has.

Let's start with a simple question:

Which one is you favourite GCN game?
Mine is Super Smash Bros. Melee ;D!

LINKS OF INTEREST:

Last edited:

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I think I played mostly Smash Bros Melee. I wish I had gotten MK Double Dash after all I've heard about it, but I've never played it.

I always had that one friend who wanted to play Madden 2001 when he came over, so I had that and played it a bit. Sports games ate up an entire memory card back then.

We even used Madden '01 to predict Super Bowl XXXVI. My friend was certain that his Rams were going to win. I didn't really care much about football teams at the time, but I of course had to play as the Patriots against him as the Rams. I won, but he still said he was sure the Rams were going to win. As it turned out, he was wrong, and we did correctly predict the winner, though I highly doubt we predicted the exact score.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
The Gamecube is my favourite console from an aesthetic standpoint, though during my ownership of it as a kid I didn't play a massive array of games. I asked for it alongside Luigi's Mansion, and when I opened it on Christmas to find Super Mario Sunshine instead I said to my Nan "you got the wrong one" lmfao, rude *** younger me.

Sunshine is stellar as though, I need to revisit that game. Other games I played on the Gamecube; Spider-Man 1st movie adaption, Mario Kart Double Dash, WWE something or another, Star Fox Assault.

Can we talk about how Star Fox Assault was good? Every so often a video game executes a badass concept really well, and in Assault said concept was jumping out of your spaceship WHILE IT'S MOVING and shooting at another spaceship from on top of yours. That was so goddamn cool, I don't care what anyone says. If that doesn't come back in future Star Fox games I will not be happy.

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
Most of my favorite gaming memories came from the N64 and Gamecube days. My fav. Gamecube titles are:

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Chibi-Robo

Smash Bros. Melee

Luigi's Mansion

And ofcourse, SUPAH MARIO, SUNSHINE! WA HOO!!!

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Something tells me Nintendo will pull a Wind Waker HD and release Sunshine for the Wii U. That's my bet.
I'd take that. You know, as a kid I never wanted to go on top of the windmill in Bianca Hills. I thought I could complete the level without doing it. I was just pretty scared of the inevitable tight space with Petey Piranha that awaited, so I tried to find a work around.

So what colour Gamecube was you guys' favourite? For me it was the classic purple, though I owned a silver one later on as well.

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
Favorite colour? Well, if there was a green Gamecube... But my own Gamecube is a special edition Pokemon XD silver Gamecube, with Super Smash Bros. Melee cover sticker protector things around it. ....yeah idk either.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I had the original color, since I got the system at launch. I was never really into alternate console colors except for Gameboy Color.

Flight

Pro Squid
Probably one of the best consoles I've ever played with. Can't forget about 20XX either. As for colors, I had the original Indigo GameCube, it died. Then I got a silver GameCube, and it died. Last, but not least, I had a black GameCube, and it died, again.. not joking. Ugh.

Even then, I had lots of games to play on, and it was pretty good.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The Gamecube was great. My favorite Gamecube games are Metroid Prime and Echoes, followed by Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (if only the 3DS game was half as good). Super Mario Sunshine was great too and Mario Kart Double Dash while not my favorite, was definitely better than the Wii one. There are many other great titles, but too lazy to list them now.

Also, aesthetically, I think the Gamecube was the best home console Nintendo ever developed. People use to call it "Barbie's stove" where I live, back in the day.

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
Gamecube is easily my favorite Nintendo console. Played Melee, Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Bomberman Generation, all the good stuff. But then I played Paper Mario: the Thousand-Year Door and that sorta became my favorite game of all time, so it gets points for that, too.

I had a purple one since release, and it still works today. :D

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
I'm surprised barely anybody mentioned TTYD here. It's definitely at the top of my favourite games i've ever played, and I felt it had the perfect mix of combat, puzzle solving, and storyline. I've yet to see another turn based RPG that I enjoyed more than TTYD, and I still occasionally replay the game even to this day, just because of how fun it is.

Sonic Adventure 2 was also one of my favourite games growing up. Although it doesn't hold up too well these days, the Sonic and Shadow levels are still good fun and i'm still waiting for Sega to implement another Chao garden in their sonic games.

As for my gamecube itself, I own the silver one along with the emerald blue and spice controllers, which i'm really proud of owning, and they're still in an acceptable condition to this, albeit the sticks being loose (which is unavoidable) and a couple of scratches here and there.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
I like the GameCube. First console that was actually my own. I'm not the biggest fan of it, though. Library wasn't all that spectacular outside of a select few standout titles, like your Wind Wakers and your Metroid Primes. Kind of like the N64, actually, except you can actually play a GameCube game nowadays without wanting to vomit.

Anyway, my favorite GameCube game is probably Melee. Honorable mentions go to Animal Crossing and Chibi-Robo. Dishonorable mentions go to Super Mario Sunshine and Star Fox Adventures. What a sadness.

Favorite color is either the Char special edition or orange spice. My GameCube was indigo I think? That one died, though, and I got a black one later.

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
I remember getting my first Gamecube on my birthday, with Super Mario Sunshine to boot. Such a great day.

The Cube will forever be one of my top favorite consoles. Screw the haters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom