• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo GameCube social thread!~ ■

Electra

Inkling
NNID
caysapferg
Mine is definitely a tie between Mario Party 6 and Mario Kart: Double Dash. I had a blast playing both growing up, and I'm working on getting copies of both!

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
My favorite Gamecube games are Skies of Arcadia Legends (It's nothing special in terms of gameplay, but it's one of the few turn-based RPGs I actually enjoyed), Super Smash Bros. Melee (I loved this game way back when I first got it, still do to this day even though I don't know where my Gamecube is) and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (SO MUCH FUN).
Custom Robo was great as well, hated the Rahu III fight though (how is a 3v1 where I'M with the 3 this insanely hard?)
Oh, and Metroid Prime 1 and 2 were awesome too (never beat any of them, and never got 3, but I loved them until the fetch-quest part).
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance was alright too (voice-acting aside, the gameplay was Fire Emblem-y and I loved it, not sure why I stopped).
Baten Kaitos was cool too, though eventually I got frustrated with its quirks and quit.
But yeah, the Gamecube, great console, great games. Now if only I could find mine.

Wrog

Senior Squid
Hard to say my favourite gamecube game, so I shall give a list of some of my favourites and say why.
Also, the Wii is my favourite console because it can play the AMAZING games on Gamecube, and also download older games (or newer ones, but I like Virtual Console titles mostly). Also some Wii games are pretty awesome as well.

In no order,
1. Kirby's Air Ride - Amazing and unique racer with the adorable Kirby! The best part is City Trial mode, you collect power-ups, fight your friends if you want, find new vehicles, explore the city, and sometimes fight bosses, then do an event which can be a giant brawl, a race, target practice or how far/high you can go. It's sort of like Smash Run. And yes, you can (sort of) fly.
2. Smash Melee - Do I need to explain?
3. Mario Kart Double Dash - Do I need to explain?
4. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - This was the first version I played, and it was awesome. Awesome music, awesome gameplay, fun multiplayer, and cute Chao! :D
5. Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door - Possibly my favourite Mario game (definitely my favourite spin-off), it was one of the few RPGs that had gameplay that I actually found fun, and along with a good story, good music, and great character writing, and design, you have a great game.
6. Sonic Heroes - Not an exclusive, but a great Sonic game, great music, and great multiplayer.
7. Animal Crossing - New Leaf and City Folk were definitely better, but this was a great start to the series. It's a simple and calm game.
8. Pac-Man : World Rally - Another non-exclusive, but this title isn't as big, but is still great. It's pretty much Mario Kart, and I like this game better than Double Dash. Just my opinion :)
9: Super Monkey Ball Adventure - People don't seem to like this one, but I love it. It has the same great gameplay, along with an awesome multi-player mode with cool monkeys, and a neat over-world! The only problem I have are the loading screens take a while, but not too long.
10. The Legend of Zelda - Windwaker - It's a great adventure with great graphics, and the only Zelda I like
11. Wario Ware, Inc. Mega Party Games - Most people don't know or talk about this one, but it's a fantastic party game, or single player game. It's like the later games, but simpler.

I wonder if anyone actually read that :P

Wrog

Senior Squid
It might not have been the best for sure, but it was GREAT.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I still have my GC, but actually use a Wii for playing GC games - mostly Melee and Double Dash - since I have a component cable for the Wii, whereas component cables for the GC are rare and horribly expensive, and so the games look nicer when played via the Wii.
But at some point I want to pick up a gameboy player, so original the 'cube will still have its uses.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I still have my gamecube but I mostly use my wii because it's a better gamecube.

I used to play it a lot recently with games such as pokemon and fire emblem, I've ran my 2nd playthough of radiant dawn and current running my 2nd playthrough of path of radiance.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I still have my gamecube but I mostly use my wii because it's a better gamecube.

I used to play it a lot recently with games such as pokemon and fire emblem, I've ran my 2nd playthough of radiant dawn and current running my 2nd playthrough of path of radiance.
I loved playing Pokemon on the Gamecube too... Not too many people had a GB Player...

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I loved playing Pokemon on the Gamecube too... Not too many people had a GB Player...
You mean the n64 GB tower on PK1 and 2? (doubt it but i'm asking)
Not many people had the GC-GBA adaptor, so much fun using pokemon I raised in emerald to use in 3D.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
You mean the n64 GB tower on PK1 and 2? (doubt it but i'm asking)
Not many people had the GC-GBA adaptor, so much fun using pokemon I raised in emerald to use in 3D.
Yeah I mean the GC-GBA Adaptor

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
So many great games on the gamecube. My favorite is definitely super mario sunshine

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Ah yes. The square console that didn't make you a square to have~ The most durable as flip system EVAR! But all goofiness aside, the Gamecube is so durable that a sludge would dent the door but it says "Was that a finger poking me?" Though the games are even better for it.

Some of my faves in list form:

Paper Mario 2 The Thousand Year Door
Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Heroes
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault

Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Back in 2003 Nintendo/GameStop had this "Buy a GameCube get one of these four games free" while there was also a "Buy a GameCube and get a Gameboy Player free" simultaneously going on.
At least I think that's what it was.

I chose the GBP and don't regret it. Helped make the GameCube actually shaped like a cube.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
The only Gamecube that's still around has a SSB Melee skin with added characters to it, It has Wario, Diddy Kong, and Toad on top of them. That skin was bought from Gamestop years ago.

Speaking of Gamestop, a couple of years back the Gamestop in the city had a small shelf of Gamecube games they wanted to sell and I was trying to rebuild my collection from after stupidly selling them to them a couple of years ago, and I found a couple of games that I once sold such as Donkey Konga and Donkey Konga 2 (heck, the bongos are still in my room!) and I found Custom Robo for $10. The best part? It was untouched! The game case felt so smooth and the game disk has ZERO scratches on it. Best used game purchase I ever had.

I still play Gamecube games from time to time. I think last year I was playing Animal Crossing and I challenged myself to collect all of the NES games without using universal codes. I did accomplish it by abusing the Island with the Golden Shovel and the GBA mini-game and using the codes on the E-Reader cards that were the same as the villagers in my town. I then finally finished my collection by using my Action Replay and getting the "Forbidden Four". ("Items" you cannot obtain by any means and the game is coded to block any universal code attempts at obtaining them. So Nintendo was likely aware of universal codes during development back then.)

The "Forbidden Four" were Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, Mario Bros., and Ice Climber. Some of the games however required an code from an event to obtain (I believe the games were, Soccer, Clu Clu Land D, Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Jr., and Punch Out!) So I had to use a code generator just to grab them. I do believe that there are E-Reader cards that allowed you to obtain Mario Bros. (Not Super Mario Bros.!) and Ice Climber but I already had an Action Replay by the time those cards came out. The cool thing about the NES games in Animal Crossing is that SOME let you download them to the GBA temporarily and let you play them out in town IRL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom