• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NoA December Splatfest: Sweater vs Socks

Egg Queen

Full Squid
I chose sweaters (I'll embrace the ugliness of any sweater <3), but I'm kinda scared about the mirror matches? I'm not sure about others but it seems veeeeerrryyyy one sided amongst my switch friends. (16 sweaters, 3 socks!)
Oh well! At least I get to use the red color again :^)

Yusuke

Inkling
NNID
Yusuke
The temperature around here never drops below 20ºC (68ºF), so, yeah, sweaters aren't an usual gift nor for Christmas nor for any other ocasion.
I'm going with sweaters though, just because!
I really liked the art for this theme! I can perfectly picture myself, back in the days, sunk in disappointment after seeing the so awaited present was some damn clothes!

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
I'm obsessed with socks. Literally. Unhealthily. Growing up in a tropical climate, we don't see 'em around that often, so socks (especially awesome socks) developed into a sort of weird rebellious attraction of mine. Lord knows how many actual pairs of them I have stashed around.. xD

Ironically, my Switch username was SillySocks before the splatfest's announcement, so I for one am pumped to be part of Team Socks!

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
This shifty station is quite interesting

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, I should be keeping more in touch with these Splatfest threads. Anyway...

I got my highest Sock Power score the hard way. There were so many pro-Sweater sausagefests and yet almost as many Sock victories in return. Overall, I'd say this is an okay Splatfest.

(inb4 Pearl's mom makes everyone wear sweaters when her honeypie's team wins...)

Caim033

Inkling
NNID
Caim
Switch Friend Code
SW-0814-3537-7890
Looking for sweaterboys and sweatergirls to join a group. Apparently you need 4 people or it wont start. No password, just join Caim's group.

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
I wouldn't really want to receive either, but I definitely would NOT want to receive socks. So I'm #TeamSweater for this Splatfest, already got to King earlier today! (I really like getting to max level since I will either get the most SSS for the losing team, or most for the winning team/most possible)

Egg Queen

Full Squid
Somehow played more than 50 games...? I had about 26 wins and 24 losses which is okay, I guess. THOUGH I did run into multiple mirror matches (team sweater)!! I was also watching someone's stream and they, too, had many mirror matches. soooo I guess it's ok to say that team sweater has popularity in the bag (probably).
I really like Shifty Station this time! Yeah there's a big center but it isn't that important until the last 15 seconds, which is pretty cool. Also an easy way to get your special faster :p
(also, the sweater red color is soo nice!)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I wouldn't really want to receive either, but I definitely would NOT want to receive socks. So I'm #TeamSweater for this Splatfest, already got to King earlier today! (I really like getting to max level since I will either get the most SSS for the losing team, or most for the winning team/most possible)

Geez man, use some of that loot! You've got enough funds to generate like 5 pures in a day, if not more! :P

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
If you get a big enough sweater, you don't even need socks. Just pull your feet up under and be warm (and probably tacky) all over XD

I'm old lazy enough to prefer simple wardrobe choices. Sweaters over leggings rock. TEAM SWEATERS.
I am amused though that if they intended this as an actual "gifts you'd hate to get" thing, pretty much everyone is picking the "gifts I prefer" team.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
^Aye.

As always, my battle stats:
  • Win/Loss ratio 10/6
  • Splats/Death ratio 109/66
  • Final Splatfest Power 2033.6
My thoughts on the matter: I mean, I won a 3v4 against Team Sock on the new Shifty Station layout (awesome stage btw), but that was out of sheer force of anger alone. I do mostly agree with the results, but I'm a little puzzled that we did as well as we did. Didn't seem like we were that dominant or anything.

Anyway, sucks to sock, but GGs all around, Merry Christmas and whatnot, here's to the next Splatfest.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
3-0 once again... I thought for sure socks would win popularity but nope. oh well till next time.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
^Aye.

As always, my battle stats:
  • Win/Loss ratio 10/6
  • Splats/Death ratio 109/66
  • Final Splatfest Power 2033.6
My thoughts on the matter: I mean, I won a 3v4 against Team Sock on the new Shifty Station layout (awesome stage btw), but that was out of sheer force of anger alone. I do mostly agree with the results, but I'm a little puzzled that we did as well as we did. Didn't seem like we were that dominant or anything.

Anyway, sucks to sock, but GGs all around, Merry Christmas and whatnot, here's to the next Splatfest.
lmao also won a 3v4 on shifty station against team sock. I didn't do as well as last time (I landed in 54th for team fantasy w power 2408). I was like 30 and 8 but this time I was 20 and 10. Stopped playing soon as I got to king. I think I got to like 2100 this time.

I used the firefin scope all of last splatfest and this time I used it to a fair amount of prevail but then I switched to N-Zap and then won like 7 in a row with the range blaster

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
To all my fellow Sock-ers: I apologize. I somehow got placed at what was, for me, a very high Power rating, and after a slightly better than 50/50 win ratio, went to bed on Friday at 1999.9 and 54/99 in Champion. Then Saturday, it was loss after loss after loss. Finished well below 1800. Horrifying. No idea what happened, I won maybe 3 times out of my last 45 points' worth of games.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
To all my fellow Sock-ers: I apologize. I somehow got placed at what was, for me, a very high Power rating, and after a slightly better than 50/50 win ratio, went to bed on Friday at 1999.9 and 54/99 in Champion. Then Saturday, it was loss after loss after loss. Finished well below 1800. Horrifying. No idea what happened, I won maybe 3 times out of my last 45 points' worth of games.
Don't sweat it. you probably did way better then I did even with all of your losses. I ended up being horribly ill that day so I couldn't play... and even if I had not been ill I was supposed to be at work anyway, soooo I did not contribute much to the sock cause. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom