• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[North America] NEW SPLATFEST: Team Past Travel vs. Team Future Travel!

Team Past or Team Future?

• Travel to the past

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Travel to the future

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Undecided/screw Splatfests I'm salty

Votes: 17 15.9%

• Total voters

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Traveling back into the past to change previous mistakes or Travel to the future to see if goals are actually accomplished...
this is quite hard to choose...

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
The past seems way more interesting to be honest.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Leronne

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. I'd be more interested in meeting Paul and witnessing/experiencing the early Church myself. But first, a stop to the prehistoric world is in order.

I won't lie, seeing the future would be pretty rad, but only if it's changed substantially. Which I don't see happening, they way the world's going currently.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
@Leronne

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. I'd be more interested in meeting Paul and witnessing/experiencing the early Church myself. But first, a stop to the prehistoric world is in order.
This would be terrifically awesome. Also, to figure out who actually wrote the letter to the Hebrews...

I won't lie, seeing the future would be pretty rad, but only if it's changed substantially. Which I don't see happening, they way the world's going currently.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Being able to travel in the past would be like a giant UNDO button. Tripped and broke your leg? Go back to ten minutes ago and prevent that from happening. Lost your phone? Go back in time and make sure you find it.

Then again, the whole "travel back in time" is pretty unrealistic. People travel to the future all the time.
Wins a match and is about to reach rank S+ "connection lost -45 points cause reasons" rewind 2mins and get better connection

Chiyo

Inkling
NNID
chiyosenpai
Technically, our brains live 1/10 of a second in the past, because it must process sensory signals. 1/10 of a second is actually a long time to lag behind real time. So imagine if we could live 1/10 a of second in the future, that would actually be quite significant for our brains.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Might as well go Team Callie, especially if the states are going to make Marie a big ******* to Callie. Still undecided

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Korea made one and tested successfully

They could send at will

Probably
Nuclear weeapons are fo having, not using. I'd be more worried about their chemical weapons.

But first, a stop to the prehistoric world is in order.
And we'll have fun fun fun 'til her daddy takes the T-rex away...

Where's the option for those of use who live in an Eternal Now?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, are we at the point where we give up and accept that Callie's team will win because reasons? Because I'm not sure I'll enjoy it as much if I know from the get-go that a Splatfest win is all but inevitable.

(Not that I care, I went with the Nice Guys/Gals knowing fully well that I was likely to lose it.)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
So, are we at the point where we give up and accept that Callie's team will win because reasons? Because I'm not sure I'll enjoy it as much if I know from the get-go that a Splatfest win is all but inevitable.

(Not that I care, I went with the Nice Guys/Gals knowing fully well that I was likely to lose it.)
If they change the x6 back to x4, then it'll be relatively normal, and I would choose Future. Although I would probably still choose Past to have a chance.
Anyway…. Team Future because going in the past will cause a paradox!

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I'd rather visit the past. At least we know what happened in the past, so we can go back to wherever. What if we travel to the future into a nuclear war, or if the world has already ended? Plus, I like history.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
I went with Past since I favor that team but also thought they were less popular, which would mean they would win if the pattern continues. I want some Sea Snails because I want a good Legendary Cap roll and don't have a lot of coins right now.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I went with Past since I favor that team but also thought they were less popular, which would mean they would win if the pattern continues. I want some Sea Snails because I want a good Legendary Cap roll and don't have a lot of coins right now.
Good thinking. I made a poll when the theme was announced and it's roughly 30-70.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
I can't decide atm. Honestly, in terms of predicting popularity, kid's teams vs wins and teen/ adults, this has to be the most difficult decision to make. Aside from that though, I can't seem to choose. Both seem equally awesome.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
As for which team I'd like to pick, I'll just providea quote from Benjamin Franklin. (I cannot find this quote on Wikiquote, so the validity is subject, but it does convey how I feel regarding the progress of time):

"Furnish’d as all Europe now is with Academies of Science, with nice Instruments and the Spirit of Experiment, the Progress of human Knowledge will be rapid, and Discoveries made of which we have at present no Conception. I begin to be almost sorry I was born so soon, since I cannot have the Happiness of knowing what will be known a hundred years hence."

It doesn't seem like much is changing in the present, but in reality, things keep getting better and better faster and faster. Take someone fro the 1950's and bring them to the present. They'll be astonished at how we have phones in our pockets that can also play games, tell time, send quick messages to each other, and a million other things, and they're a million times more powerful than the room-sized computers back then. We don't have people on Mars yet, but we do have robots and we know a lot more about what lies beyond the Solar System than anyone thought possible. The Internet has connected people around the world of all sorts and has allowed by far the greatest freedom of information we've ever had. Farming and food transportation technology now allows us to eat whatever foods we want at any time of year we want--gone are the days when you could only eat apples in the fall or winter, and pineapples had to be canned. Diseases like cholera and smallpox have been wiped out in the most populated areas of the world. Also, the Cold War is over, and despite the violence in the Middle East, drug lords, and terrorists, we are living in one of the most peaceful times in human history because world leaders are resolving problems through diplomacy and debate rather than trying to kill each other. (It'll be quite the shocker for such a person to learn that the United States and Korea are presently on good terms with each other, for instance.) And while a man from the 1950's might not agree with the changes in society nowadays, women and non-whites have a lot more power now than they did before.

I imagine there will be similar changes, as Ben Franklin stated, "of which we have at present no Conception." For all the bad that people do, there will also always be good people. And while sometimes, these bad people will win, sometimes, the good will too. Otherwise, there wouldn't be such a thing as progress.

Gawd the music in those games was amazing.
Would've really loved to have Hideki Naganuma work on Splatoon music. Oh well. There's always next time.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I wouldn't go to the past for human history but for the (other in this context) extinct animals. I always did like the idea of feathered dinosaurs. Archeops might be my fave of the Gen 5 Pokemon in design for that reason. So if I traveled back in time it would be far before humans came around.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
Okay, little kids want to go to the future, but that would mean passing up the chance to have a dinosaur on your shirt.

Both options sound enticing. There's a lot of things I'd change in the past. And being in the future sounds exciting. Unless we all end up dead or something. That would suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom