• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

November Splatfest: Salsa vs Guacamole! (NA region)

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
RESULTS

POPULARITY:
Salsa: 57.12%
Guacamole: 42.88%

NORMAL CLOUT:

Salsa: 52.47%
Guacamole: 47.53%

PRO CLOUT:

Salsa: 54.00%
Guacamole: 46.00%

CONGRATS TEAM SALSA!!!!

Cephalobro

Not surprised, since most of my teammates either kept stupidly picking Splooshs and Aerosprays rather than picking at least something with longer range like a Splattershot while the enemy had Dualie Squelchers or ignoring crucial areas that needed to be protected before they get overrun by the enemy team. Worst team ever.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Looks like team Guac got the Glick Glock from Luigi... Rest in spaghetti

Also pertaining to Cephalobro's post... I had less the optimal teammates throughout the Splatfest itself.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wow, +5% difference in all categories--those are some strong result!

Didn't think I'd have time to play this one--which would be ironic since I had Tex-Mex. Given a lotta salsa but not much guacamole. ¬_¬

This Shifty Station didn't impress me, but it wasn't bad. Just okay.

Eventually I got to speedrun the last four hours of the fest! Did a two hour guac run with some folks I haven't got to play with in a long time, and we did a lot of curbstomping. Then, I did some alt salsa solo runs to play with the ink color... when I wasn't fighting dittos. Got curbstomped quite a bit and lost every 10x battle--including one where a teammate fart cloud dc'd as we started. At least he had the courtesy to booyah...

And, teams of all Kensa Jrs are toxic! Toxic like guac gone rotten and salsa gone sour! :mad:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mean filling my gear with abilities and raising weapon freshness to at least Raw.
Wouldn't you want fests to continue if upgrading gear is your primary concern? Splatfests are by far the fastest way to get chunks with how many snails you get.

Cephalobro

Wouldn't you want fests to continue if upgrading gear is your primary concern? Splatfests are by far the fastest way to get chunks with how many snails you get.
Thing is, a whole category of gear is literately locked out during the Splatfest, thus not allowing you to use any other shirt other than the Splatfest Tee. Not only that but also the fact that I already have a huge stockpile of Super Sea Snails thanks to Splatfests and leveling up combined.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
This was my first splatfest under the new system and well, didn't seem much different. Never got into any 10x or 100x battles, and the skill level of players in the Pro matchmaking felt about the same. All they did to the points is add more zeroes, which doesn't actually change how many battles are needed for King rank. Well whatever, still a good Splatfest, liked the Shifty and definitely liked that Team Salsa won!

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
They increased the rep grind by a factor of 10 so that Synergy Bonuses could be whole values. Get enough synergy, and you could go from 0 to Fiend in one match, which was not possible under the old system. Synergy is the main mechanic you want to speedrun Splatfests now.

Note: whereas under the old system, maximum points on a win was 90 (using the new scale)...with Synergy, you could get 180 per win if you match your team 100%. So if you're really good, you can Royal Out in half the time you used to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom