• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

November Splatfest: Team Eat vs Team Save (EU)

Cyan

Inkling Commander

The European Splatfest has just been announced, and asks you whether you save the tastiest bit of a meal ‘til last or eat it first. Kicks off next Saturday at the typical European start times (2PM UK, 3PM CET, 4PM). This is actually a pretty neat Splatfest, and for once Marina has the best option for me, as I usually save the best bits until the end of a meal, makes it more satisfying to enjoy. But how about you? What will you be fighting for this Splatfest? This will be the general thread so discussion on theme, matches once it starts and the results should all be posted here. Have fun and good luck, this should be a good one.

Raumdeuter

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4621-1461-0439
When it comes to fav snacks I usually eat it all in one go unless it's a huge pack (I'd probably eat it all about a day or two) so my alliances are with Pearl this time around

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
it's not the best theme but not the worst either haha...but i will join the splatfest anyhow and i think i will be picking Marina's side this time :D i actually do save the best for last with most of my food so the choice was simple for me :P though i think Pearl's side will be the popular team this time ^^''

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Definitely on team Save It. This is actually a pretty great theme. Something the vast majority of people surely have an opinion on. Good job NoE. It sure beats Salsa vs Guac.
When it comes to fav snacks I usually eat it all in one go unless it's a huge pack (I'd probably eat it all about a day or two) so my alliances are with Pearl this time around
The question is about whether you save the best part of a meal for last, not if you're a glutton for snacks. If it was that I'd surely be on team Pearl as well.

Raumdeuter

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4621-1461-0439
Definitely on team Save It. This is actually a pretty great theme. Something the vast majority of people surely have an opinion on. Good job NoE. It sure beats Salsa vs Guac.

The question is about whether you save the best part of a meal for last, not if you're a glutton for snacks. If it was that I'd surely be on team Pearl as well.
Yeah I worded that badly. I'd still rather eat it all than saving it regardless of what I'm eating

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Only in Defender rank, I'm already 100% certain if I go any further I'm just gonna be a bottomless pit of salt.

So, I'm just calling it quits for this Splatfest. Not worth it.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Only in Defender rank, I'm already 100% certain if I go any further I'm just gonna be a bottomless pit of salt.

So, I'm just calling it quits for this Splatfest. Not worth it.
hm?..but isn't this splatfest starting next week? o.o

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Team save it? more like team disconnect it -.- you know a splatfest is not fun if every match someone in YOUR team disconnects but it does gets me angry at some point and i am at that point now, i really gotta try hard not to turn off my switch when a disconnect is happening.

Last edited:

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I have chosen Save It option. I was expecting Team Eat It more popular because of amount of Plaza posts supporting Team Eat It was higher. But I'm having mirror matches. Oh well.

Though, checking 100x battle screen kept switching between Teams Eat It and Save It makes it harder to predict who's likely to win Splatfest.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I have chosen Save It option. I was expecting Team Eat It more popular because of amount of Plaza posts supporting Team Eat It was higher. But I'm having mirror matches. Oh well.

Though, checking 100x battle screen kept switching between Teams Eat It and Save It makes it harder to predict who's likely to win Splatfest.
yeah i agree! i picked Team save it as well..but this splatfest wasn't very fun to me since i literally had to many mirror matches..maaan i never had such low clout count before but the game just won't let me have a match for clout! >~>

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
yeah i agree! i picked Team save it as well..but this splatfest wasn't very fun to me since i literally had to many mirror matches..maaan i never had such low clout count before but the game just won't let me have a match for clout! >~>
My clout for Team Save It was 23015. My Modern and Treat clout were 35785 and 68010 respectively. Information is from Splatnet.

So, it was tiresome.

EDIT: Save It 3-0 Eat It
Wow, Eat It's popularity is 34.76%... I expected it would be 40-46%.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't really care if I have a lot of mirror matches, tbh. It won't make a difference as far as the quality of the match goes and I'm just one person so it's not like the clout I earn makes a real difference anyway.

All I know is I had a pretty good time compared to the previous two fests. That's thanks to the Shifty Station mostly, which wasn't really *good* per se, but the previous few have been so, so bad that it felt like a good one at times.

Anyway, not surprised by the results in the least considering the amount of mirror matches I had. Good to see we could beat those impulsive Eat It folks.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
whoa team Save it won! :D well done fellow team Save it members,we did a great job! as for the shifty station i gotta say that it was a fun stage this time since i really despised the previous 1,

but why does matches that happen on the shifty station often not get registered on splatnet? cause i often got a communication error after i got my points for my level and clout but the match does not appear on splatnet at all while if the match is on any other stage they do register it.

Cephalobro

Also great news, Marina finally won a non-international European Splatfest! This is proof that the Clout system is the right system.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Some stats about Splatfests under the new system.
Out of the last 6 Splatfests (across all regions):

4 sweeps (3 for Marina [Modern, Koshian, Save It], 1 for Pearl [Salsa])
1 other popular team win that wasn't a sweep (Ultra Slim got Pop and Pro)
5 wins for Marina (Modern, Koshian, Treat, Ultra Slim, Save It)
Marina has won 3 different ways (by sweeping, taking both battle categories, and getting pop/pro)

So what do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom