Now that we aren’t on Twitter

Sun3

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Sun3
Switch Friend Code
SW-5980-0921-5120
And people are civilized here

On the recent months I’ve seen a lot of general distaste to Dynamo Roller, specially after getting buffed

the “public opinion” of dynamo seems to have gotten worse with people wanting it to be nerfed so they don’t have to fight it instead of just learning the matchup
IMG_0017.jpeg

what do y’all think of dynamo potentially reaching a high tier weapon status?
Or just being good lmao

Oculus049

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-9122-3512
I think it would be super neat, the game doesn't have a lot of viable aoe weapons that are good at painting since most aoe weapons are blasters and the better painting weapons are usually shooters. Dynamo can be easily punished on its endlag if you use bombs tho not every kit has them. You kinda just need to play around its weaknesses imo to beat it. It's a very nice "extreme strength/weakness" type weapon.

KibryHouse

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4782-5986-0003
Maining dynamo since Splat 1, all I want in life is to see Dynamo be good again lol.
If it were high or top tier, I could certainly see some people disliking it in a similar way they dislike Tri-slosher, with all the "takes no aim" comments. Honestly, fighting dynamo is mostly skill. Takes a bit of patience too.

SansioKong64

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2297-9461-1128
I'd like it being a better weapon tbh, I've always loved it (I mained Gold and Kensa back in S2) and I really like it as a cooler weapon, but people find matchups that take like learning just a bit of patience scary and immediately start throwing out the "no aim" accusations lol

Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-4935-7968

On the recent months I’ve seen a lot of general distaste to Dynamo Roller, specially after getting buffed

the “public opinion” of dynamo seems to have gotten worse with people wanting it to be nerfed so they don’t have to fight it instead of just learning the matchup
View attachment 8337

Or just being good lmao
it's about as good as dark tetra rn strong but has very defined weaknesses

beyondinsane

Inkling

View attachment 8337

Or just being good lmao
I wouldn't really hate dynamo being good but i don't really want it to be meta

quilxinm

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1715-4049-1802

View attachment 8337

Or just being good lmao
Dynamo is a weapon I will always hate to fight. As a player it’s one of my worst matchups- however it doesn’t need to be nerfed at all. A lot of it is either you gotta learn the matchup or you just need to learn how to fight it

SquidHunterX

Senior Squid
NNID
Supes
It would be cool to see. Rarely ever fought them so I'd love to be able to see them get some usage and learn the MU more

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
No one with sense is calling it to be nerfed it is one of the worst main weapons in the game

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
Dynamo crushes in lower skill levels, especially low X. Players don’t have the gamesense to anticipate it or mechanics to fight it even if they do anticipate it. Wouldn’t surprise me if Nintendo is watching how it performs across all skill levels very carefully after the buffs.

Amit

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7091-9381-8335
dynamo was in the lower tiers ever since the end of s1 (ig it had a semi viable kit in s2 but was still overshadowed), so i think it deserves a chance to shine again. id like to see it become a viable cooler option bc rn the only ones are pencil and zap.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Dynamo is really exploitable and kinda bad. Loses tons of matchups (any midline or anchor, any aoe weapon, splat bomb, torpedo, fizzy bomb, and burst bomb weapons, wrecked by most specials aside from zipcaster), gets stuck in ink really bad and often so it effectively has less health than a lot of other weapons (sprinkler can help but 60% ink cost is a big ask) and it lacks pellet consistency. Sometimes your falloff will just miss people it should hit, sometimes your paint is randomly really spotty and bad, sometimes the horizontal flick has lower range than it should, completely rng. Vertical is better than people give it credit for but the 40 damage minimum is also really painful. Dynamo is not good, but it is really hard for new players to fight, so I can understand the frustration, but learn the counterplay and it's like, in the bottom 10 main weapons, even post-buff. The buff was nice though.

xbunnyx

Inkling
I rather see dynamo be a top tier than a weapon that gets little to no play

BJ8649

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6700-8834-6214

View attachment 8337

Or just being good lmao
Could be nice. Iirc only high tier roller rn is vroller and even thats only bc one or few jp onetricks made it work. Having more roller representation at the top would be nice
Dynamo could be a cool mid-backline support imo. Ideally if it was good:
itd have enough kill power to make short and mid range weapons respect it more. And itd have enough long range paint to paint from far away in the face of splatlings or chargers. And maybe it could have enough mobility to make it more flexible than the other backlines? Like liter, vcharger or even pencil (after it gets nerfs)

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Could be nice. Iirc only high tier roller rn is vroller and even thats only bc one or few jp onetricks made it work. Having more roller representation at the top would be nice
Dynamo could be a cool mid-backline support imo. Ideally if it was good:
itd have enough kill power to make short and mid range weapons respect it more. And itd have enough long range paint to paint from far away in the face of splatlings or chargers. And maybe it could have enough mobility to make it more flexible than the other backlines? Like liter, vcharger or even pencil (after it gets nerfs)
dcarbon is seeing play too. but yeah the class is in a rough spot currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom