• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Lab Block - Emerald Octo (IC Thread)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Hunter sees this thing move in front of him. before he could aim his weapon it was gone. "Looks like the Predictor has found us OOPA." He looks ahead of where he was going and sees a doorway with a sign over it. He continues moving forward. He keeps an eye on his 6 as well as his 12 This creature could follow him without being seen. could there be more of them waiting in the shadows. Once he crossed the doorway he turns around and aims down the hall. He was listening carefully. it was quiet but this rundown place would make it impossible for it to not make a noise. He only need to confirm where it was. He was in a good spot to slam the door shut to buy him time.

Move through the doorway of the Comm...
Examine hallways in the same direction the thing was seen.
Listen for any movement. Loose bolts weaken floor joist.

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
One of Octa's eyes twitched at the noise. "So let me get this straight, she starts,You're telling me that I was abducted here to get rid of disgusting-sounding creatures that are lurking in this place?" She smiles slightly. "Easier said than done. Besides, there must be other people in here anyways." She soon looks at her surroundings, barely making out the hissing canisters from the dim lights. 'This must have been abandoned for a while now,' she thinks to herself,'Even worse, I don't have my Octo Goggles to see everything a bit more properly...' She quickly looks at her OOPA. "You have a flashlight?"she asks,"I'm getting out of this room."(Sorry it is short~)

Look for the exit
Talk with OOPA

Inventory slot 1:
Inventory slot 2:
Inventory slot 3:
Inventory slot 4:
Inventory slot 5:
Inventory slot 6

Last edited:

Niraya

Inkling
Niraya was unsettled by the lights turning off once she got to the hallway. The flashlight on the helmet was her only source of light. she turns a corner and in the middle of the hall there was someone sitting down. She raised her weapon and slowly approaches. "Are you ok? Do you need any help?"

Cauctiously examine figure in the hallway.

Active Weapon: Unknown Splattershot Variant
Inventory Slot 1: Glass T
Inventory Slot 2:
Inventory Slot 3:
Inventory Slot 4:
Inventory Slot 5:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
( @Zerul )

The thing didn't show up again, but it's footsteps were quiet and light. It wasn't able to be heard, apparently the Octarians who built this facility made it to last. Which wasn't good for this current situation. He looked around, hoping for it's shimmering form to appear. It didn't.

( @Niraya )

The person was dressed in the same outfit as hers, although it was torn and damaged. They were holding their right side, and the visor on their helmet was busted. But they took notice to Niraya's voice, and grabbed a pistol from their side and shakily aimed it at her. They dropped it from the effort, and it clattered to the floor.
They looked back at her, and seemed to recognize her outfit. They looked like they were trying to talk, and pointed at their helmet.

( @Inklette and Octa )

Taking a look around the room, there were 3 doors.
One said "Med... Wi...", another said "Comms... ter", and the last door read plainly "Docks".

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul was uneasy. He knew it was infront of him somewhere as he didn't fell it pass him. He deicedes against waiting for it to make the first move and shuts the door and tries locking it before darting deeper down the path he went. hoping to put as much distance as he could between him and whatever that thing is.

Action: Shut door
Move to where ever i was heading.

Last edited:

Inklette and Octa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Inky-Gal
"Med... Wi?" Octa says squinting, reading the text on one of the doors. She turns quickly seeing another door. "That one says..."she pauses to read it,"Comms... ter..." She was a bit confused only to turn again and see a third door. "Docks,"she says quickly; at least that word was full... She paced slightly wondering which path to go through, cracking her fingers and knuckles (with non-existent bones) in case she took a wrong turn. She walked slowly towards the door that had 'Med... Wi...' on it in hopes of at least finding something to defend herself when she couldn't be able to go with close-quarters combat.

Go to the door that says "Med... Wi..."

Active weapon slot:
Inventory slot 1:
Inventory slot 2:
Inventory slot 3:
Inventory slot 4:
Inventory slot 5:
Inventory slot 6:

Last edited:

Niraya

Inkling
Niraya was keeps her aim on the person. when they held up there weapon she almost shot them, but they dropped the weapon unable to hold it. then they pointed to there helmet. "Um...Im sorry i don't understand" She stands there ready just incase things got violent.

Talk to person

Inventory Slot 2:
Inventory Slot 3:
Inventory Slot 4:
Inventory Slot 5:

Tomatomodest

Pro Squid
NNID
Gamethesystem
Docks, huh? There's must be a way out though there, i guess...
Tammy still was uncertain by her surroundings, but moved forward regardless. Upon reaching the door, she noted it was rusty and covered in a unknown slimy substance.

Inventory slot 1:
Inventory slot 2:
Inventory slot 3:
Inventory slot 4:
Inventory slot 5:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @Zerul - Positive ))
The door slid down, closing the hallway, and -supposedly- blocking the stalker from following. The uneasy feeling he had before was thankfully gone now, instead the other situation was traded for another, and the room he entered was pitch-black. But it was silent, and there was no movement within the room that he could hear.

The lights didn't turn on, even after standing in the room for awhile. The OOPA broke the silence.

"Operator, what do we do now?"

(( @Tomatomodest - Neutral - Also, don't make information that wasn't given to you. That slimy door, wasn't ever slimy.))
Tammy walked over to the door and opened it. She saw a pretty bad scene, it was a series of guns and armor on the ground, some of which leaked fuchsia Ink out of them. The guns were ripped apart and strewn across the room, gathered into a pile.

The barricade in front of her had a huge hole blown through it, as if an Inkstrike was fired indoors at it. But she had a feeling that it wasn't an Inkstrike, judging by the claw marks on the ground, leading to each of the soldiers' torn and damaged suits. The guns lying beside them were damaged and torn in half, she didn't want to guess who did it, or more importantly what did it.

What will you do?

(( @Niraya - Positive ))
The person looked at Niraya as if she was an idiot. Before reaching up and unclasping their helmet, they took it off, revealing a man. He looked up at her, and struggled to stand, before sitting back down again, leaning on the wall for support.

"I asked you to take off my helmet. I was drowning in my own Ink," He scolded her, before asking. "now who the heck are you?"

The man viewed her, in her damaged armor. "That suit you're wearing, it does nothing to stop them." He began to cough, and looked at his arm, which had been torn to ribbons. It had an aura of sickness to it.

"I'm guessing you're no soldier of mine. Judging by your damaged suit, that strike would've been fatal." He noted, looking at the gash on her chestplate, before glancing at her arms. "I guess you're wondering who I am?" He introduced himself. "I'm just the Sergeant of this doomed mission."

What now, Niraya?

(( @Inklette and Octa - Positive ))
Octa opened the door, being greeted by a hallway that would've normally been a sterile white, but was now a dirty green, stained by fuchsia Ink and covered by crumpled forms of robots, beside torn lab coats of scientists that were here previously. She looked down it, the lights were turning on. Illuminating the hallway, even if it reeked of... whatever.

"This seems like a good start right, Operator?" The OOPA said in an encouraging tone, its flashlight turning on as well, to help the dim lights above her.

There were gurneys with bodybags on them, some of them were torn apart, others were deflated. One of the robots was still active, trying to move around and intercept her, but their eye was green, and flashing erratically.

"Octoling... this area... is... unsafe." It warned, before collapsing onto the ground.

What will you do, Octa?

Remember to insert your inventories everyone! Also the due date is the 26th, unless you all respond quickly. Then I'll do another GM post!

Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post, only to NPCs. However, PCs will have to respond on their time to each other.
Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Attack with... (Attack with the intention of harming, or just hit a computer cuz it won't work.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc. To grab something's attention, however it needs to be logical. No objects appearing out of thin air.) - Will be responded to in GM post

Look/Peek at (Just take a quick look at something, not in depth but it goes with hiding.) - Will be responded to instantly
Grab/Snatch... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly
Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly
Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly
Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly
Approach... (Approach to interact with a Vendo-Tron 9000. Will be known soon...) - Will be responded to instantly

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul looks down at oopa. "Well for starters some light would be nice. We cant go back the way we came, but maybe there is another way we can go. A vent. another door. something."

Talk
to OOPA
Examine room for possible ways out.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Examination for @Zerul ))

Zerul's OOPA shined its light around the room, revealing a dilapidated command center. There was a table in the center of the room, a projector was on the table, sitting on top of it without even a flicker of light from it. He aimed the flashlight on the walls, he saw several screens across the wall, one of them was broken, and still sparking. There was a chance he could restore power to the room. Zerul just had to find it.

He looked around the room further. Trying to find a power switch or even a generator before that thing shows up again to finish the job for good.

Zerul walked around the room, looking around for the power switch before he tripped over something. It was a robot, it sat there motionless. It lowly hummed, and the eye glowed ever so faintly. It was beside a generator, that had a little circular slot on the side of it. It was empty.

Perhaps the robot has a power cell on it? Or he could revive it.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul moves to the robot laying on the ground and examines it. He looks for any damages to the robot before he tries to repair it.

Niraya

Inkling
Niraya examines the Sargent's injuries before he asked a couple of obvious question. "Im Niraya i was brought here to prevent the infestation of something getting out. is that what you were here for as well?"

Talk to the Sargent

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @Zerul 1 Examine action 1 Fix action ))

The robot had gashes in its chest, but it looked like they didn't go too deep. The claws of whatever creature attacked it made short work of a sword near the robot's arm. It was broken in half, the tube of Ink on the side of the sword was forming a puddle around the left arm of the robot.

A access panel was open on the back of the robot, probably the reason for its inactive state, where it simply lay motionless on the floor. The "feet" of the robot were slightly rusted and discolored from a silver hue, to a rusted brown. The panel though, it was in good condition, the power cell on the back of it glowed faintly, whoever had the robot seemed to have tried to power it up... or power the room. But didn't succeed in fully pulling the cell out of its back.

Hunter had begun his attempts with fixing the robot. He placed the power cell inside the slot fully, and the hum stopped. The eye seemed to have brightened slightly, its hand reflexively balled into a fist. He closed the access panel, and backed away from the robot. It rose up, inspecting the environment around it. Its eye seemed to have flashlight-like qualities to it, far stronger than the OOPA's.

It turned around, looking at Hunter inquisitively.
"Awaiting OrdeRs, Octoling."

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Hunter was glad to see the robot was functioning. when it examined the room he could see a purple shaded light move around the room. When it stopped and looked at him he froze a bit. When it asked for orders, but also called him an octoling this was proof that it was damaged in someway. "Robot I need your help at containing an unknown outbreak This dome needs to be sealed off to prevent anything from escaping"

Talk to the Robot. / Give an order to the Robot

Active weapon: Weak ink pistol
Inventory slot 1: Suction Grenade
Inventory slot 2: Suction Grenade
Inventory slot 3:
Inventory slot 4:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @Zerul - Positive ))
"Inquiry error: This lab is not a dome. However, you do state the obvious. This lab has been tainted by an unknown virus, and I understand the need for you to prevent it's release." The robot said, its eye started to flicker and it had twitched every once in a while, but it looked around the room. It brightened its eye, and illuminated the room. "This room was a command center, it allowed the control of security robots scattered around the facility. However, they were consumed, and I am the only one remaining of this sector." It explained.

Zerul looked around, the room was still clear of the beast that was stalking him.

What will you do, Zerul?

(( @Niraya - Negative ))
The sergeant shook his head. "No, my squad was sent to plant the beacon in that room, along with the gas canisters that repel the infestation. It works on people too, it makes an illusion and you can't see anyone else, just yourself and the holographic message." He looked forward and started to limp to the docks, before collapsing, he pulled himself back up, and began to use the wall for support. "Well? Are you gonna come and help me?" He snapped. "With luck... our ride is gonna be alright."

Niraya ran to pull him up, and supported the limping man. She looked ahead, the light coming from outside was tantalizingly close. She just had to continue onward.

What will you do, Niraya?

(( @Inklette and Octa - Neutral ))
Octa stood there, stunned at the scene. The robot was sitting there, inactive. She was stunned and didn't what to do.

Idling isn't gonna solve any problems, Octa.

(( @Ayykari - Positive ))
Lumea groaned, as she sat up, holding her head. She began to look around the room, both worried and curious as to where she is. The room was small, and there was a table across from her. Actually it didn't look like just any table, it looked like an... operating table! This didn't look good from her stance. But she was, surprisingly, unbound. She breathed a sigh of relief.
She looked up, a somewhat scary rusted amount of surgical tools hung above her, creaking quietly.
"Uh..." was all she could manage before another voice interrupted her.

"Great! You're awake Lumea." A quiet voice said, causing her to look around worried. "Down here, miss Lumea." She looked down at her waist, and saw a little Ink-tank attached to her waist. "I am your OOPA, Octoling Operator Personal Assistant! Of course... you're not an Octoling. But still, you get the message!" It introduced itself. "You must be wondering why you're here, you're in luck! As I have the authority to tell you."

"You're here because my creator Wayna has decided you, my dear, have the capabilities of stopping an Infestation. You're not alone in your efforts, as there are several others within this facility that have the same objective!" It explained quickly.

What will you do, Lumea?

Remember to insert your inventories everyone! Also the due date is the 4th of January, unless you all respond quickly. Then I'll do another GM post!

Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post, only to NPCs. However, PCs will have to respond on their time to each other.
Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Attack with... (Attack with the intention of harming, or just hit a computer cuz it won't work.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc. To grab something's attention, however it needs to be logical. No objects appearing out of thin air.) - Will be responded to in GM post

Look/Peek at (Just take a quick look at something, not in depth but it goes with hiding.) - Will be responded to instantly
Grab/Snatch... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly
Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly
Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly
Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly
Approach... (Approach to interact with a Vendo-Tron 9000. Will be known soon...) - Will be responded to instantly

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul listens to the robots explanation. "Ok. I need you to help me find all possible exits to this place and seal them." He looks back at the door. "Also there was something following me when i got here. I'm sure whatever it was is waiting around somewhere. watching."

Actions:
Talk to the Robot

Active weapon: Weak ink pistol
Inventory slot 1: Suction Grenade
Inventory slot 2: Suction Grenade
Inventory slot 3:
Inventory slot 4:

Ayykari

Senior Squid
Lumea stared down at the robot. Octoling Operator Personal Assistant? she thought. So I'm in an Octoling lab, it seems. Great. At least this robot seems friendly. She let out a sigh, but didn't reflect on it further. Her gaze was drawn away from the robot, and she instead looked to the operating table.

Actions:
Examine the operating table.

Slot 1: Sticky notes and pencil
Slot 2: Bag of Gumdrops
Slot 3-6: Empty

Niraya

Inkling
Niraya was uneasy with what the Sargent said but helped him towards the light that possibly lead outside.

Assist the sargent towards what is possibly the exit.'

Inventory Slot 2:
Inventory Slot 3:
Inventory Slot 4:
Inventory Slot 5:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Sorry for the delay. 1 Examine for Lumea @Ayykari [] 1 Move Because you did the most minimalistic thing I've ever seen! for Niraya ))

Lumea looked at the operating table, she saw it was pretty clean and looked relatively... sanitary! It was somewhat clean, and didn't have any thing on it. It was relatively hard, probably because of the material it was made out of. Metal. It wasn't really comfortable because of it. But it looked like any ordinary operating table, it was tilted slightly upward, making a half-seated position for whoever sat it in.

What now, Lumea?

Niraya went over to help the man and picked him up. They moved out of the dark, into the setting sun. She looked around the dock, there wasn't any boats, which she should've expected. But there was a... helicopter wreck, there was the faint light of flames still burning. It didn't appear to have claw marks on it, thankfully.

But it was still destroyed, she looked at the sergeant she was holding. He looked... broken, hopeless, and angry. All at the same time. She looked back, and she could see a slight silhouette on the ground, it looked like a crab. The pilot appeared to be no where, but there was a fuchsia trail leading off somewhere.
What now, Niraya?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom