• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[October 10-11] INKSTORM I - EndGame Circuit - $500+ Prize Pool - Presented by EndGameTV

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer

The sole purpose of this post is to clear up any questions people may come up with in the future and to make any necessary adjustments. We will do formal posts like this when we deem it necessary.

REFUND POLICY

We have decided to change our refund policy. No official word was made, but we were originally telling people that refunds would not be made to any team if they had registered (besides those on the wait list, see above).

After a call this evening, we as a staff have decided to only give teams refunds if they drop out before registration ends on Oct. 6. If teams contact a Staff member before this time, they will be given a refund. If not, they are locked in for the tournament.

ROSTER CHANGES

Similar to refunds for payments, Roster changes must be done before the registration deadline​

BRACKET RANDOMIZATION

Groups will be fully randomized. An exact time to release these is in the works.

CHECK-IN & MATCH SETUP

One representative, preferably the captain, will be required to check their team in through the Discord server from anywhere between 1 hour and 15 minutes of the posted tournament start time (yet to be finalized). If a team does not check in, they will not participate in the tournament and not get a refund.

Leaders will use Discord private messaging to contact the other leaders that they are playing in the group stage. For the final stage, leaders will be in a separate private chat with one staff member.

TEAM/SQUAD ALIGNMENT

Groupings will be fully randomized with no acceptions. If 3 teams from the same squad are randomized to be put in the same pool, then there will be no other action taken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAPS

We are aware that Hammerhead Bridge comes out Friday. We will make an educated decision on whether or not we wish to include the map. We will make this choice before we release the maps list on the launch of the website.

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT

We are slightly behind schedule on the website development. We still plan at the moment to launch on Saturday the 19th at 3:00 PM EDT. We may have to push this back further. We apologize for the wait and thank you in advance for your understanding.​

Last edited:

Uncle Herman

Inkling
NNID
InsertNameHerman
I do have one question. (or several, rather)
Is this a joke?
Do you truly want to ruin this game with this stupid idea of competitive? (such as this joke of an idea and "Ink or Sink")
Is a community/fanbase of xXMLG420MAYMAYXx-spamming, disrespectful jerks what you guys really want?
Do you really want to take out the relaxing, carefree part of the game and replace it with anxiety-inducing junkyard where you can't do anything else you either get insulted or laughed at?

I mean, did you even see how TF2 turned out thanks to competitive?

Last edited:

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Is this a joke?
Do you truly want to ruin this game with this stupid idea of competitive? (such as this joke of an idea and "Ink or Sink")
Is a community/fanbase of xXMLG420MAYMAYXx-spamming, disrespectfuljerks what you guys really want?
Do you really want to take out the relaxing, carefree part of the game and replace it with anxiety-inducing junkyard where you can't do anything else you either get insulted or laughed at?

lmao

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Is this a joke?
Is a community/fanbase of xXMLG420MAYMAYXx-spamming, disrespectfuljerks what you guys really want?

esports

Power

Inkling Commander
Is this a joke?
Is a community/fanbase of xXMLG420MAYMAYXx-spamming, disrespectful jerks what you guys really want?

Well, you got an uphill battle there buddy, unless you are a troll account (1 message). You get an A for effort.

Uncle Herman

Inkling
NNID
InsertNameHerman
Well, you got an uphill battle there buddy, unless you are a troll account (1 message). You get an A for effort.
I ain't even trolling. I'm just sick of potentially good games being ruined by such bullshit.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
In case you're actually serious:

Is this a joke?
no

We do not want to ruin the game by playing it competitively. We want to enhance our enjoyment of it.

Not at all. That's not what playing competitively is. Some competitive communities have people like this, but not all of them, and none in the splatoon community so far.

And if you're looking for meme-spewing people, casual splatoon players are much more guilty than competitive ones.

I enjoy the anxiety-inducing action that comes with playing a game competitively. Sitting on the edge of my seat clutching out the win is one of the best feelings ever. We are about as accepting a community as there is out there, and I don't know anybody who would insult and laugh at you (unless you were being annoying, whiny, and immature as I suspect you might be).

lol.

Are you saying that TF2 pubs are the epitome of fun gaming? Because I for one don't find people who do nothing but taunt, spycrab, and get lost very fun to play with.

And most importantly: if you don't agree with the idea of playing competitively (which is a totally valid opinion that you share with a lot of people), then don't participate in it. We're not forcing you to play in our tournaments, and nothing we're doing is impacting how you play at all. I don't know why you decided to come to the tournaments section of squidboards if you weren't interested in playing competitively. I don't see how us playing how we want to play is "ruining" how you play

Uncle Herman

Inkling
NNID
InsertNameHerman
If you don't agree with the idea of playing competitively (which is a totally valid opinion that you share with a lot of people), then don't participate in it. We're not forcing you to play in our tournaments, and nothing we're doing is impacting how you play at all. I don't know why you decided to come to the tournaments section of squidboards if you weren't interested in playing competitively. I don't see how us playing how we want to play is "ruining" how you play.
The problem is how most, if not all of the competitive players act like nazis towards casual players, trashtalking how "they ruined gaming" and "how they're awful at playing a game", while the casual players i've seen so far, Splatoon-wise, did nothing bad, just light-heartedly playing the game and not insulting anybody.

Yes, i know that there are competitive players who do respect everyone, specially casual players, but finding one is like winning a lottery, is nearly impossible.

BonFire

Full Squid
NNID
rollmops99
You guys can discuss your disagreements somewhere else^^ We are here to set up a good and succesful tournament, we wont ruin the game by playing it in a competitive way. Everyone can choose whether they want to play splatoon competitive or not, that is there good right, but we do not need salt on a thread like this, would appreciate it if you guys could stop that.
Thanks everyone

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Unfortunately, our website developer Beto has been really busy with some irl/health issues, so we cannot launch our website fully with news/rankings/etc until at least another week.

Regardless, registration goes up in 2 hours! You will still be able to do that on http://endgamegg.net/
Sorry to hear about that, I hope Beto gets better!
10/10 best post of the year ;)

EirikN

Full Squid
NNID
Novaxxe
Hey everyone,

Our developer's internet is down and he won't be able to get into a place where he can put up the website for another 3 or so hours. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we'll post more updates here and on Twitter as to when exactly the registration will go up.

BetoMan

Inkling
NNID
betoman996
Sorry for all the troubles, I had problems with my internet today unluckily. The registrations are online now and the rest of the website will go online very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom