• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

[October 10-11] INKSTORM I - EndGame Circuit - $500+ Prize Pool - Presented by EndGameTV

EirikN

Full Squid
NNID
Novaxxe

REGISTRATION IS OPEN

We apologize for the delay, but welcome to InkStorm signups! Click here to register!

Please note that each team must submit their team pay-in of $20 to endgamestaff@gmail.com before they register on the website. Refunds are available to teams that express their wishes to pull out of the tournament before October 6.​

blaziken2000

Inkster Jr.
NNID
blaziken2000
it's basically the abbreviation of your team name that your squad will put next to their name in the game.
For example, the squad I'm in is Green Team
Team Tag= GT
in the game the squad would have...
GT|Tortoise
GT|Espio
and etc.
but me and my friends already have stuff next to our names that are differrent

Light Brand

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CobaltWeavile
If you're in a squad together, ask them to change it to a uniform tag. For example, if your squad name is "Golden Squids" (just made that up), it could look like this:

[GS] Bill
[GS] Bob
[GS] Bella
[GS] Blaziken

Again, made up names.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
You can just change your mii names for the tournament. It helps the squad look more professional.
You can change your mii names back to normal after the tournament is over if you want

TrickyJose

Inkling
NNID
xTrickyx
Is it required to stream? I unfortunately can't since my PC won't be able to however i can upload all the matches on Youtube if needed to.

EirikN

Full Squid
NNID
Novaxxe
Is it required to stream? I unfortunately can't since my PC won't be able to however i can upload all the matches on Youtube if needed to.
Not required to, but heavily recommended. Can't provide a cast without streams, y'know. :D

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I still disagree with the "6 peeps only" rule. Squads were designed with a maximum of eight, and making it so that two people have to sit out of such a huge and noteworthy tourney is very disheartening to the people that couldn't be there/ were chosen by the cap to sit out.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
I still disagree with the "6 peeps only" rule. Squads were designed with a maximum of eight, and making it so that two people have to sit out of such a huge and noteworthy tourney is very disheartening to the people that couldn't be there/ were chosen by the cap to sit out.
Note that this will not be a singular tourney to sit out. We are planning on 3 more tournaments throughout the course of the rest of this year. Teams will be allowed to change 2 people on their roster each time in order to maintain the integrity of the team.

This was thought about. We didn't want to be picky with substitutions, because that leads to more rules and more things to think about. This 6-player limit will not change. Thank you for your input, but we are aware of what we are doing.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
For what it's worth, I support the 6 players rule. There should be no reason that you need 8 people for a two day tournament. The only reason SCL tournaments allow 8 people on a team is because they're directly related to the ladder and we need them to have the same teams for both. If not we would only allow 4 (maybe 5) players per team.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Ahhh, this looks so amazing, I wonder if I could worm my way in a squad and try out, I'd even draw our team logo!
Anyway, best of luck to any who enter, I'll spread this around to my non-squidboards friends and see if they're interested

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
A couple of things were discussed amongst us last night, one of which being when to release the maps list. We have decided to not release the maps list until the day of the tournament. This is so that teams will have to prepare for whatever is thrown at them.

Another item discussed was how we are to set up the pools. We plan on seeding the top 8 teams based off of the Splatoon power rankings and putting them all in separate pools.. We will take the best team in the event of 2 teams entered under the same squad. This benefits everyone, including the others in the pool, because the top 2 teams from each pool advance to bracket. So, if 2 really good teams are in the same pool, then there is a highly unlikely chance that other teams will advance.

If you have any questions about these two topics, post below or DM any of us on Squidboards or Discord. We will address it as necessary.

Prodigy

Inkling
NNID
vna_prodigy
A couple of things were discussed amongst us last night, one of which being when to release the maps list. We have decided to not release the maps list until the day of the tournament. This is so that teams will have to prepare for whatever is thrown at them.

Another item discussed was how we are to set up the pools. We plan on seeding the top 8 teams based off of the Splatoon power rankings and putting them all in separate pools.. We will take the best team in the event of 2 teams entered under the same squad. This benefits everyone, including the others in the pool, because the top 2 teams from each pool advance to bracket. So, if 2 really good teams are in the same pool, then there is a highly unlikely chance that other teams will advance.

If you have any questions about these two topics, post below or DM any of us on Squidboards or Discord. We will address it as necessary.
What rankings?

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
This is so that teams will have to prepare for whatever is thrown at them.
Are you guys serious? That does not make any logical sense. You are telling me that I have to go through strats for every single map and mode combination just to be able to prepare my team properly?

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Are you guys serious? That does not make any logical sense. You are telling me that I have to go through strats for every single map and mode combination just to be able to prepare my team properly?
Well, it's up to you to if you want to do that, he's not telling you anything other than that maps won't be released until shortly before the tourney. I agree with @KTKres. Of course it's smart to prepare, but if all the teams will have a set strategy figured out weeks beforehand, it'd more a match of strategy and less of adaptability, versatility and in my opinion it'd probably be a lot less fun to watch. I understand strategy is a core part of the game, but getting mad at the TOs about not getting to see the maps/modes weeks before the tourney happens is kind of in bad taste, in my opinion~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom