• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[October 10-11] INKSTORM I - EndGame Circuit - $500+ Prize Pool - Presented by EndGameTV

Prodigy

Inkling
NNID
vna_prodigy
I'm pretty sure that a 1000 dollar tournament would look mighty attractive to viewers and players unaware of the scene. Look at what 1 mil did for Japan. We can only do so much for growing the community. A buy-in tournament is not going to push anyone away. Suggesting that we do not have a tournament like this because we MIGHT be able to grow the scene only means that by the time we get to something like that, we MIGHT have more players, or MIGHT have less. And the chances are, it'll be the latter, and it'll be a lot less.
I mean, this tourny only has like 11 teams signed up where as other tournies would've had close to the max number of teams registered by now. I think the entry fee does play a role in this.

BetoMan

Inkling
NNID
betoman996

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
I would like to say, you guys have a very clean and professional setup.

I dig it <3

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
2 things to note tonight:

1) The official EndGame Splatoon ruleset has been linked here and in the OP for your viewing pleasure. We will let you know if we update anything from here on out.
2) The Registration deadline has been bumped back to Friday, October 9th at 3:00 PM EDT.

Thank you for your support. Let us know if you have any questions!

Gi.

Senior Squid
NNID
OldboyNin
I'm suggesting we grow the community before attempting pay-in tournaments. And a tournament like this would've been great for that with how professional and inviting it looks.
I want to add my two cents to the situation.

Buy in tournaments are not an issue for competitive Splatoon, in fact, it DOES contribute to growing it. First off, $20? That's nothing, and I'm unemployed. It is nothing compared to other tournaments that require $50 entry fees like some Halo tournaments or Gears of War tournaments.

My team (SquidKids) and I are incredibly mediocre, but we will be joining this tournament for the experience we will get (group stages so we get to play a number of matches) and to support the cause. I do not mind if I cannot compete for prize, I love the fact that placing teams will make some money since they deserve it very much. They work extremely hard at their craft and rewards should definitely be reaped.

We have plenty of free tournaments but this tournament is asking for an entry fee that is not going towards anything BUT the players. No one is pocketing anything and they will be providing a golden stream experience for viewers. This is a good thing for the community. You guys can have my $20.

DashEmeth

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dashemeth
This tourney looks great and I really appreciate the work done here to make Splatoon more pro, but I have to agree with Burnburn, the game is still young and smaller teams still have to put some work in practice before entering in that type of tournament.

In our personnal case at Dash Team, we discussed if we should enter or not, but the fact is we don't feel ready for it yet.

Good luck with this anyway!

Power

Inkling Commander
Here is to hoping enough teams sign up to get that 1000$ going. I can see the reasoning behind some teams not joining, as they do not see themselves winning at all. Need some more competitive spirit up in here.

pixelatedcody

NNID
cncody
I feel even if a team thinks they won't win they shouldn't be afraid to enter. sure its $20 down the drain if you lose. but think of it as a learning experience.
and besides it will help support more tournaments like this one.

$20 isn't as hefty as other tourney fees anyways.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
We appreciate the support @pixelatedcody a ton. Really what we're trying to do here is grow the splatoon scene, and we thought a tournament like this was the best way to do so.

Also here's a trailer we released a few days ago for InkStorm!

(already added to the OP, in case anyone was wondering)

Power

Inkling Commander
If I had a team I would enter. really would love to be a part of the expansion of Splatoon and a tournament with this much potential magnitude is a great starting point. The entry fee acts as a barrier for entrance for many teams, unfortunately.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
If I had a team I would enter. really would love to be a part of the expansion of Splatoon and a tournament with this much potential magnitude is a great starting point. The entry fee acts as a barrier for entrance for many teams, unfortunately.
Then join a team and hurry up about it ;)

I guess it's up to the teams. If the teams don't want to pay and make this tournament bigger, then so be it. The more entrants for this one the bigger the prize gets.

pixelatedcody

NNID
cncody
I'd be willing to help two teams enter if they can't afford the fee. I'd love to see more entrants, as I know its scary being a low/mid level team.
but even so- Tournament experience is tournament experience. and by entering this it helps push the ledge for more tournaments on a large scale.

Sometimes you gotta take the risk, and the way this tournament's setup- even though I feel my team isn't ready for a tourney just yet- I wanted to support and entered anyways.

Think of it as a donation in a sense. even if you lose- your money is going to the team that worked hard to make it to the 1st place spot.

So yeah. if you're a team that can't enter because of Money issues. I might be willing to cover you (only two teams though.) <3

and again $20 is not that steep compared to the other tournaments that have far higher fee's.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I'd be willing to help two teams enter if they can't afford the fee. I'd love to see more entrants, as I know its scary being a low/mid level team.
but even so- Tournament experience is tournament experience. and by entering this it helps push the ledge for more tournaments on a large scale.

Sometimes you gotta take the risk, and the way this tournament's setup- even though I feel my team isn't ready for a tourney just yet- I wanted to support and entered anyways.

Think of it as a donation in a sense. even if you lose- your money is going to the team that worked hard to make it to the 1st place spot.

So yeah. if you're a team that can't enter because of Money issues. I might be willing to cover you (only two teams though.) <3

and again $20 is not that steep compared to the other tournaments that have far higher fee's.
this guys the man

Goya

Inkling
NNID
aclors

Very nice gesture. I hope you don't mind a copycat... I'm also willing to help an additional two teams who can't afford the entry fee. This seems like a cool tournament and it'd be a shame if not enough teams registered.

Njok

Bouncer
Allright if we're all going Santa Claus i'll stake one team as well. We need to reach that 48.

Plus, i'll stake the highest finishing non-sponsored team in Messtival! (see sig) for the next Endgame tourney (if Endgame is ok with that). That is assuming the entry fee will be the same.

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon as well, thanks for the inspiration guys, you're all cool ^^ I'll cover for one team under one condition; all team members must change their IGNs to BLAST=COOL during the tourney
Naw, just kidding :3

In all seriousness though. It would be such a shame if this awesome tourney would fail because of financial reasons. I feel like an innovative and large scale event like this could help the Splatoon scene grow tremendously, not too mention all the exciting matches that will be broadcasted. I have faith in Endgame to make this a success, but that's only if enough teams actually participate. If your team is still on the fence because of the entry fee, please send me a message and we can work something out, alright?

pixelatedcody

NNID
cncody
(someone should post a news thing letting teams know that there a
It's a little concerning that some teams are so worried about paying a tournament fee. $20 is like nothing for a tournament.
Well now that I've started the Charity line for six possible teams <3, Lets hope we get some more mid/low level entrants if any even accept our offers above!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom