• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Character Mod Hacked Into Splatoon

Do you want to see the Octolings as a playable character?

• Total voters

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I assume if we did get Octolings as playable characters, then they'd have to alter the appearance of the hair for every possible piece of headgear that's in the game.

I'd be impressed if they had a male Octoling, like the one with the large single tentacle from The Regressor's "Splatoon 64" project.
The boy inkling would need a hair style that accommodated 4 tentacles to match the other humanoid cephalopods. (Inklings have 10 appendages and the Octarians have 8.)
There's a black spot on the Octolings trainer top, I don't know if that's a graphic error or her body clipping though the clothes.
I think it is her body clipping.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
What I don't like about the Octolings is their ''squid form'' model. It kinda looks rubbish to me compared to the Inkling ones.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
If we did get them as playable characters--which I'm totally for--I'd love another campaign for it, because honestly, because of the Sunken Scrolls, I'm led to believe that they aren't really the "bad guys" they're made out to be. So yeah, I'd love to see Octolings in the game with a canon explanation through story.

...i mean the water has receded enough and the war is over, maybe it's time to make amends and ink it up...

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
would be awesome to have octolings in splatoon

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
I would LOVE this to be something official, or at least paid DLC if that's what I gotta do to get my hands on them being playable.

Love having the gear, but the haiiir would be dang cool.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
Speaking about mods, I swear I saw a quick animation of an inkling smiling jeeringly at me after she splattered me. It was cool, so I wonder if it could be a mod or amiibos? Anyone came across such?

BluEyes

Senior Squid
Really? Do you have the screenshot?
I don't unfortunately, but i remember that match at underpass vividly,my team was steamrolled and there was something about the opposing team that felt different. Maybe it could have been my eyes but oh well

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Speaking about mods, I swear I saw a quick animation of an inkling smiling jeeringly at me after she splattered me. It was cool, so I wonder if it could be a mod or amiibos? Anyone came across such?
I think I know what you mean. Maybe you saw the Inklink performing ''Booyah''/''Nice'' but he cancelled it by moving immediately .

mario123007

Pro Squid
I don't unfortunately, but i remember that match at underpass vividly,my team was steamrolled and there was something about the opposing team that felt different. Maybe it could have been my eyes but oh well
How you meet someone who has mod? I don't think it's possible...

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
aaaaaaaaaa my video's at 127K and counting, I guess people really want this ;;
All I did was edit a string in memory that loaded "Player00" (Female Inkling) to "Rival00" (Female Octoling)
Someone's rewriting one of our tools, hopefully I can fix it properly with a code patch and some file edits. I tried just doing a plain model swap but it crashes the game ;; have to do it the fancy way
now that I look at the actual model textures, how it looks in the Player Creation is how it's supposed to look. No black mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom