• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Character Mod Hacked Into Splatoon

Do you want to see the Octolings as a playable character?

• Total voters

mario123007

Pro Squid
aaaaaaaaaa my video's at 127K and counting, I guess people really want this ;;
All I did was edit a string in memory that loaded "Player00" (Female Inkling) to "Rival00" (Female Octoling)
Someone's rewriting one of our tools, hopefully I can fix it properly with a code patch and some file edits. I tried just doing a plain model swap but it crashes the game ;; have to do it the fancy way
now that I look at the actual model textures, how it looks in the Player Creation is how it's supposed to look. No black mask.

Whoa, can't believe the mod creator shows up in this thread!

Shuggi

Senior Squid
NNID
Splatshuggi
As much i would love the octolings to be playable, i want them to be in a certain game mode! For example, horde/over run mode from gears of war would be exciting by summoning octarians.
The only problem with that is, people are gonna find a glitch to get them out of the mode and make it permanent.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
More likely its just a head gear variant thats yet to be released like the native american headdress. U can get their weapons and armor already

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Nintendo removed the vids.
Octolings confirmed.

LoftwingKnight

Inkling
NNID
MissKitty28
But how do you edit the save file? I only worry about losing my level and rank, everything else can be found again. But I'd like to try to play as Octoling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom