Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Funny thing is: The Octo-Voices (Wel the grunts and "death" crys) will play for all the other players.
But on your end, the Octoling is always mute.

I can remember a video from @NWPlayer123 's friend, showing their point of view as an Inkling, while Nikki played as an Octoling.
And on their end, the Octo-Voices played. But on Nikki's end, the Octoling was always mute no matter what.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Funny thing is: The Octo-Voices (Wel the grunts and "death" crys) will play for all the other players.
But on your end, the Octoling is always mute.

I can remember a video from @NWPlayer123 's friend, showing their point of view as an Inkling, while Nikki played as an Octoling.
And on their end, the Octo-Voices played. But on Nikki's end, the Octoling was always mute no matter what.
Methinks it's an artifact of shared code between Hero Mode and Multiplayer. There is no PLAYER data for Octoling voice references, but there is ENEMY data, as in enemy players...

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
All the new players due to the black Friday sales of splatoon/WiiU I have a feeling they are gonna let the octo hype marinate a little longer to get the new players into the fold.

Gonna have to add a few more cars to the hype train I think..
If I have to wait any longer I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll wait till January.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Since we're getting Mahi Mahi Resort tomorrow, that only leaves 6 weapons left in 2.3.0. There's a update this month, or we'll run out of content by January 15th 2016 if they do it one at a time. That would mean Bill would be wrong which is extremely unlikely. Here's where Bill said that line I keep repeating.

He said AT LEAST January, which likely means updates past January if Ninty decides to do so. It sounds like he also hinted at another one before January, wishful thinking? Or...

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
tfw I'm watching this thread but SB refuses to notify me of new posts here ;n;

Anyway, some of us over at O.C.T.O. (which is a really cool group you should join if you like talking about Octopi by the way #ShamelessPlug) were talking about an interesting theory on Monday. Basically the idea is that if Ninty kept up with two weapon/map releases a week, everything would be out by Dec 22nd, lining things up perfectly for a Squidmas 3.0 update. Unfortunately, we then proceeded to not get a weapon on Tuesday. This means that whatever is released last will still end up coming out on Dec 25th. So maybe Squidmas update still? I guess we'll see o_O

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
tfw I'm watching this thread but SB refuses to notify me of new posts here ;n;

Anyway, some of us over at O.C.T.O. (which is a really cool group you should join if you like talking about Octopi by the way #ShamelessPlug) were talking about an interesting theory on Monday. Basically the idea is that if Ninty kept up with two weapon/map releases a week, everything would be out by Dec 22nd, lining things up perfectly for a Squidmas 3.0 update. Unfortunately, we then proceeded to not get a weapon on Tuesday. This means that whatever is released last will still end up coming out on Dec 25th. So maybe Squidmas update still? I guess we'll see o_O
(How do you join O.C.T.O :P)
I really do hope they do something for Squidmas, especially since they mentioned it in repeats of
DJ Octavio's Boss Fight
Anyone going to watch The Game Awards?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
(How do you join O.C.T.O :p)
I really do hope they do something for Squidmas, especially since they mentioned it in repeats of
DJ Octavio's Boss Fight
Anyone going to watch The Game Awards?
I think some people are going to lurk for updates from the show they actually about. It's what I did last year.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
My shameless plug worked? lol
Sent you a message about joining :)

More or less :p
I was wondering about it before, just never asked :P
And I'm watching the Splatournament, mostly because PK was streaming at the same time and then I was having sound issues and I wanted to watch both streams :P Anyway, I'm at round 6(I think), losers bracket. Do you think tournament mode should be a thing in Splatoon? Maybe in 3.0.0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom