Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

NNID
namine753
Oh my god yes, Octoweapons. Gimme gimme gimme. I'd love new octarian themed weapons, we've already gotten new gear in the form of the Octoglasses and Forge Octarian Jacket, why not more octarian weapons? Octobrush is life, so I can only imagine we could get something like an octarian charger, splatling, slosher, etc. It'd add much more variety into the game too.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'd be on the Pumpkin Pie side, nothing beats a good ol' family tradition! I'm perplexed as to why we don't have a Splatfest next week. I wonder what the hold up is about and I wonder if it's worth the wait, or maybe they are waiting for the resort to come out so it can be in the splatfest's rotation along with Museum and Arowana. It's pretty clear each splatfest has different stages in rotations, so it's a thought!
There's never been more than one stage between Splatfests ever since each region's first Splatfests. Then again, they're messing with the formulas around recently big time, so who knows?

Oh no...if we get some kind of Splatfest involving snow and/or snowmen, I can already see the FIFTEEN MILLION Miiverse posts saying "Do you want to build a snowman" or some other Frozen reference... >_<
Well, besides that I don't know if it even snows in Inkopolis (they have cold-weather clothing though), I wouldn't mind much. Right next to the doorway in my room are the high-quality version 13-inch plushes of Anna and Elsa.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Oh no...if we get some kind of Splatfest involving snow and/or snowmen, I can already see the FIFTEEN MILLION Miiverse posts saying "Do you want to build a snowman" or some other Frozen reference... >_<
It'll be the Frozen apocalypse all over again.

Snow? You mean slow falling DEATH PELLETS?!
Uh oh, those poor Inklings need to take cover quick then! That deadly snow will kill them for sure (or just get splatted)!

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
Well, besides that I don't know if it even snows in Inkopolis (they have cold-weather clothing though), I wouldn't mind much. Right next to the doorway in my room are the high-quality version 13-inch plushes of Anna and Elsa.
It snows in Japan. Tokyo doesn't usually get more than an extremely light dusting (and not a lot sticks because concrete and asphalt tend to melt snow are poor surfaces to support snow), but somewhere like Triggerfish would be covered in deep drifts, possibly having to be closed during the winter. All the outdoor locations would end up wet and slippery, too--

OMG. What if they ran the Pikmin 3 rain engine over the Splatoon maps during winter? I mean, it would totally destroy our headcanons about "rain is really bad news for Inklings", but it would look SO GOOD!! ^_^

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Splatoon is getting an 1 hour maintenance tomorrow.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

This could mean either a minor update, a new stage, or Octolings...I doubt it would be Octolings though. But if it's an update, we can data mine it for something Octoling-ish.

...Or it could just be a minor update to the servers. But that would be boring!

Last edited:

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Splatoon is getting an 1 hour maintenance tomorrow.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

This could mean either a minor update, a new stage, or Octolings...I doubt it would be Octolings though. But if it's an update, we can data mine it for something Octoling-ish.

...Or it could just be a minor update to the servers. But that would be boring!
I would be happy with a QoS quickfix that reduces some of that lag and disconnecting.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Is anyone just being swamped with new gear to buy/order?

I had to override my pearl tee order just so I could get my bubble rain boots.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
It snows in Japan. Tokyo doesn't usually get more than an extremely light dusting (and not a lot sticks because concrete and asphalt tend to melt snow are poor surfaces to support snow), but somewhere like Triggerfish would be covered in deep drifts, possibly having to be closed during the winter. All the outdoor locations would end up wet and slippery, too--
Wasn't the cause of the rising sea levels global warming and melting polar ice caps? Or was its source never explained and people just say it's global warming because riding sea levels are commonly associated with global warming?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Nice! I like the Tako and Yaki one better(with blue and yellow scheme), however
My personal gripe with that one is that it feels a bit too obvious in terms of names. Sure, Callie and Marie don't seem much better, but at least they're actual names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom