Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
My personal gripe with that one is that it feels a bit too obvious in terms of names. Sure, Callie and Marie don't seem much better, but at least they're actual names.
I couldn't see it any other way, unless someone is a legendary pun master and can come up with something more localized.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Yeah, that's what it seems to be. If it's not Octolings, though, then perhaps it might be a new weapon class altogether. Maybe.

I should really get cracking on my Octo Sisters headcanon art, though.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Just shared that link in a Splatoon G+ Community. Looks like Ninty is pushing out all the weapons before something big.
Don't get my hopes up like that! Though I suppose it's not a crazy idea. They are very triggerfish happy about releasing new weapons right now. I guess they figure there is no point in keeping them locked away. Maybe there are some big new things coming soon, but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
It does have that...phoned in quality a proper pun should have. I was torn between that and "Adora" and "Belle," in honor of the Octopus Adorabilis, but figured that would be too campy. Still, it's a cute little thing...
That's too adorable to be in the Octarian forces. Would make us inklings feel guilty.
Don't get my hopes up like that! Though I suppose it's not a crazy idea. They are very triggerfish happy about releasing new weapons right now. I guess they figure there is no point in keeping them locked away. Maybe there are some big new things coming soon, but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.
Sorry :) I was going to put Octarians or Mahi Mahi Resort in the post but changed my mind and left it vague :P
Marcy and Tori, a reference to the species Octopus Mercatoris (Caribbean Dwarf Octopus)
Which one is the Octarians based off of? Also, great naming.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Please leave the cute octobaby out of this.
How about Ferra and Lee from Ferrara and Trolli, a candy company and its parent company that makes Gummi Octopus sours? I can do this all day.

Which one is the Octarians based off of? Also, great naming.
Thank you. If I were to guess, I'd say Enteroctopus Dofleini based on their iconic orange and white color scheme.

However, they can change color, so take this with a grain of salt. I havent' been able to find what species is used to make takoyaki. If anyone knows, that is most likely the species the devs had in mind considering the theme of snack foods.

Edit: they could also be based off of Octopus Rubescens (Red Octopus), which have a red & white color.

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
How about Ferra and Lee from Ferrara and Trolli, a candy company and its parent company that makes Gummi Octopus sours? I can do this all day.

Thank you. If I were to guess, I'd say Enteroctopus Dofleini based on their iconic orange and white color scheme.

However, they can change color, so take this with a grain of salt. I havent' been able to find what species is used to make takoyaki. If anyone knows, that is most likely the species the devs had in mind considering the theme of snack foods.

Edit: they could also be based off of Octopus Rubescens (Red Octopus), which have a red & white color.
The Octopus Rubescens seems more plausible, seeing their red color. And takoyaki is made with any type of octopus, it can even be made without octopus if you want. The more you know. (Nice names BTW)
I like Tilly from artillery or octillery, but there's no other name that I know of to pair with it.
EDIT: Not an octopus reference but more of a sushi one-Wasabi and Ginger Gari. I found out the full name of the pink ginger that you eat with sushi was ginger gari, which is why I named two inklings that(I really need to flesh the two out) and made it my username.

Last edited:

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I like Tilly from artillery or octillery, but there's no other name that I know of to pair with it.
Tilly & Missy, from artillery and missile as in Artillery & Missile Crew/Officer perhaps? Or we can go more basic with Tilly and Shelly, like "artillery shell." If you want something with a little more flair, make it Tilly and Chelle.

You cold almost make a game out of this.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Sorry to bring up some old quotes, but I haven't posted here in a while, lol
Remember that this topic is about...

Surely you meant this...

Oh my god yes, Octoweapons. Gimme gimme gimme. I'd love new octarian themed weapons, we've already gotten new gear in the form of the Octoglasses and Forge Octarian Jacket, why not more octarian weapons? Octobrush is life, so I can only imagine we could get something like an octarian charger, splatling, slosher, etc. It'd add much more variety into the game too.
Octoslosher? O_o I NEED IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom