• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Nah, I'm not that clever. XD

Anyway, I was told to ask Aqua64, but he doesn't seem to be very active these days.
He's been pretty busy irl lately, so he probably hasn't been very active on SB. Just submit a request to join on our group page and he'll probably see it sometime. The rest of us will bug him about it if he doesn't ;)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Nah, I'm not that clever. XD

Anyway, I was told to ask Aqua64, but he doesn't seem to be very active these days.
We have an easier place to contact him, he's on Discord here and there throughout the day and if you want to apply, we'll bug him even when he's at work. Don't worry, we can get him on SB to get you in surprisingly quickly.

...In other news, there is no news! I'm hoping for news within the next couple of weeks!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
We have an easier place to contact him, he's on Discord here and there throughout the day and if you want to apply, we'll bug him even when he's at work. Don't worry, we can get him on SB to get you in surprisingly quickly.

...In other news, there is no news! I'm hoping for news within the next couple of weeks!
Thank you, but don't worry about bugging him to add me promptly. XD

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2

I liked how Gamexplain made an entire discussion about the Game Awards predictions for Nintendo yet there were no announcements. But hey at least Splatoon won both Best Multiplayer and Shooter of the year so I ain't complaining at all. :D

The Iwata tribute was touching though. I teared up at the end. :(

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
I liked how Gamexplain made an entire discussion about the Game Awards predictions for Nintendo yet there were no announcements. But hey at least Splatoon won both Best Multiplayer and Shooter of the year so I ain't complaining at all. :D

I think Nintendo's announcement was about Iwata cause i think they planned it cause direct didn't talk about a lot about him (cause direct is for the games) but it's only a possibility

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria

Nintendo was at the game awards for the Iwata tribute. They are a company that prefers to put out the big news themselves. If you look closely at Reggie while he was making the speech about Iwata, he was holding back some serious tears. It shows that the heads of Nintendo are more than just business partners.

I'm glad it's not another Crank Kong situation. Nintendo did the right thing by having the tribute. It was a touching moment for all of us. I'm really glad Splatoon beat out 4 other highly regarded games for the Multiplayer and Shooter awards. It was one of Iwata's last projects and I bet he's really happy he gave this last gift before he left us.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I didn't want to watch the Iwata tribute because I don't want my depression to get worse than it is now. :( If anybody wants to know why, just check my recent comments on the 'Express Your Emotions' thread.
Wise choice, I teared up while watching it. It was very touching.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Been away on haitus, thread. But to sum it up, back in the catacombs of this thread archive, I established an OCTO thread based on the roller coaster of hype emotions and love for octos we garnered over time. the group is now a small family, and is still dedicated toward bringing the truth about octolings/octarians to light.
OCTO, yo.

and yes the VGA's were still pretty good this year. the iwata tribute was overdue.

but man that konami news made me mad. poor hideo.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Been away on haitus, thread. But to sum it up, back in the catacombs of this thread archive, I established an OCTO thread based on the roller coaster of hype emotions and love for octos we garnered over time. the group is now a small family, and is still dedicated toward bringing the truth about octolings/octarians to light.
OCTO, yo.

and yes the VGA's were still pretty good this year. the iwata tribute was overdue.

but man that konami news made me mad. poor hideo.
Hideo Kojima had to watch it over in Japan and not celebrate this ceremonial event with his peers and teammates. That is just flat out uncalled for from Konami.

Anyways I'll stop my rant before it goes too far.

The Splatfest is coming up soon! I hope we FINALLY get Arowana Mall.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Okay this thread has been WAY too quiet (not to mention off-topic due the whole OCTO tangent), so here, have a thing:

This could be just about the Smash broadcast, but "it's gonna be big" seems to imply more than just telling us something we already know about. Tentacles crossed for something cephalopod related!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Okay this thread has been WAY too quiet (not to mention off-topic due the whole OCTO tangent), so here, have a thing:

This could be just about the Smash broadcast, but "it's gonna be big" seems to imply more than just telling us something we already know about. Tentacles crossed for something cephalopod related!
One thing to note: GameXplain has connections to Nintendo and they get Splatoon updates before ANYBODY else. Andre doesn't sound too surprised by the news and the Smash Bros music may be there to throw you off. I'm not calling Octopi, but Andre more or less is saying, "It's not Smash Bros because of the upcoming broadcast". When someone from Nintendo says it's "big" those are big words to say. We'll see if it actually is.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I'm hoping that they announce 3.0.0 with some Octolings, along with maybe the Smash Direct date(they did't give that out, did they?)or something big like that. I don't have any other suggestions, since they said we would learn about the NX next year.
Oh yeah, BURGERZ FOR THE WIN(although I was secretly Team Pizza)
And did you guys see EU's Splatfest theme?

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Knowing Nintendo, this supposed 'big news' coming tomorrow probably will be something minor. Remember, we're talking about a company that thinks Cranky Kong being a playable character is the best big news ever. As usual, I'm not gonna get excited for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom