• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
I'm hoping that they announce 3.0.0 with some Octolings, along with maybe the Smash Direct date(they did't give that out, did they?)or something big like that. I don't have any other suggestions, since they said we would learn about the NX next year.
Oh yeah, BURGERZ FOR THE WIN(although I was secretly Team Pizza)
And did you guys see EU's Splatfest theme?
not a surprise about burgers winning cause the multiplier is 6x lol but let's not over hype about the octolings or we will end up like what happened in Direct XD

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Yea, hate to be the downer, but now that you've brought that back up. I'm willing to bet it's Minecraft for Wii U. As much as I'd love to think it's something else, I'm confident it's just the Minecraft official release..
*shrugs* I really dunno. But we'll keep the hype down just in case it is something like that.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
My guess, it will probably be the launch of Nintendo Accounts in North America. It has already released in Japan and certain parts of the PAL region, North America is the next logical step.

Though it could be Minecraft too, but Mojang isn't really "indie" anymore. They are owned by Microsoft after all.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
My guess, it will probably be the launch of Nintendo Accounts in North America. It has already released in Japan and certain parts of the PAL region, North America is the next logical step.

Though it could be Minecraft too, but Mojang isn't really "indie" anymore. They are owned by Microsoft after all.
I really hope it's this. I have a suspicion that the Twilight Princess soundtrack offer has to do with Nintendo Accounts (a la the Smash Bros soundtrack/DLC deal with the old Club Nintendo), so I've been putting off my pre-order until we know all the details and it's been EATING at me having to wait. >_< (This is one Amiibo I do not want to miss, obviously, but I also want the soundtrack. :P )

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
why couldn't Europe have Tea Vs Coffee?
Dude, I'd represent Team Coffee due to me being a coffee enthusiast and I'd be on Team Marie again. WHY ISN'T THIS A THING!?

I'm not getting my hopes up for tomorrow. I'll see it to believe it.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
why couldn't Europe have Tea Vs Coffee?
I'd totally be down with NA having this theme for a Splatfest as well, and I'd support Coffee because it's my big fix of the day at 2-3 cups. Yeah, I know it's unhealthy but I just can't stop myself!

But back on topic (as it is). I am also hoping Nintendo's big news is Splatoon-related or even the results of the Smash Fighter Ballot, but other than that I'm not really going to hold my breath for it.

Last edited:

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I think that announcement came from Damon Baker who has appeared in the Indie Reel in the April Nintendo Direct and has hosted the Nindies Night. I hope people don't get too stoked over this.

Splat God

Inkling
NNID
Bluntson
In slumber I tossed. Visions of turf war had flooded my consciousness. In this subdued state I witness an octoling, of all things. Eager to make The Dankest Post of the Year I reach into a pair of size 48 Wranglers and pull out the camera. I approach the octoling in my ink, the wild beast occupied by my team and their failings. This is the time. To hell with data! To hell with victory! And to hell with those that oppose my will! I will have my evidence and I will thrive damn you! I capture evidence of the wild octoling. Pressure is building. I give it a mighty splat and witness the poor creatures soul escape to the wind. Now to await the results to capture this hellion and expose them bare to the world.
*CONNECTION ERROR*
"NO! OH MYSELF NO!'

And then God awoke from slumber so great. Harsh pain is all that remains.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Aw yea! We called it.

Sorry guys.
Meh, I'm alright with this really. I mean, would have preferred cephalopod related news, but this is actually pretty cool. Could be fun getting some of the OCTO crew together for some Minecraft if everyone buys it (agh, I'm doing it again). However, we'd better at least get some Splatoon-themed skin packs eventually. I know Microsoft owns Mojang now, but if you're gonna put Minecraft on a Nintendo console anyway, you're missing out on massive $$ if you don't release Nintendo-themed packs for it.

Anyway, still confident Takos are happening this month. I have a completely unreasonable amount of faith in a Squidmas miracle. Don't ask why, because I don't know XD

Last edited:

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
yeah true and funny how i only played minecraft just to beat the enderdragon XD why not ninty skins like splatoon skins XD

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429

WHY, NINTENDO!? EVERY TIME WE LOOK AWAY YOU DO SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS

Why do we have to get our snails by Friday? How soon is soon? What kind of shenanigans are you pulling this time? NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

This probably isn't related to the Octolings to be completely honest (inb4 it is), but it's certainly... interesting...

EDIT: Whatever it is that's happening on Friday, it seems like it will cause issues with your pending snails from this past Splatfest if you don't go online and receive them before then. I doubt another fest alone would cause that, so maybe something bigger? Ninty has never given us any sort of warning like this. I didn't think this meant much at first, but now I'm starting to wonder...

EDIT 2: Electric Boogaloo: Apparently another Splatfest can cause the snails to be lost if you don't pick them up before the next one is announced, so sadly, this probably just means we're getting another fest on the 18th-19th., with the theme announced this coming weekend.
I don't want another fest, Ninty, I just want octopi :L
Soon™...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom