• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
what's weird is that some of us(including me) got snails last weekend

EDIT: Oh meaning get the snails before friday

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
That message, or warning sounds so weird! What are they planning? Also, another splatfest so soon?

My guess, it will be Team Do you want Octolings, vs. Team No Octolings. Whichever ones wins determines if we get them playable or not. That would be some high stakes.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
That message, or warning sounds so weird! What are they planning? Also, another splatfest so soon?

My guess, it will be Team Do you want Octolings, vs. Team No Octolings. Whichever ones wins determines if we get them playable or not. That would be some high stakes.
If that happens we will never get Octolings because Team Octolings will be immensely more popular than Team No Octolings. Marie's Law (that the least popular team always wins, except when there is only a small difference in popularity, like Art vs Science) dictates that Team No Octolings would win.

No I didn't make up Marie's Law! Why on earth would you think that!?

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Or.......the next theme will be Christmas related.

Should've known it was Minecraft due to Damon Baker being the one who said this whole thing. I hate being a stubborn bull. Alright, now I'm done for good. No more hype. If it happens, it happens. I got better things to do than to worry about something like this.
It's better not to get your expectations too high whenever there's a new announcement. Heck, my expectations were extremely low when the new Pokemon announcement was another F2P game.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
welp

this thread became unwatched for me for some reason

what did I miss besides new recruits...??
Just some reactions to the Minecraft announcement and some Ninty shenanigans on Twitter. Not much :p

But I can't shake this feeling something big is coming this month...

Anyway, anyone have ideas for the upcoming Squidmas fest theme?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
It's better not to get your expectations too high whenever there's a new announcement. Heck, my expectations were extremely low when the new Pokemon announcement was another F2P game.
I won't get too excited for any potential announcements in the future. I know they're coming due to the constantly updated files regarding them but the actual announcement could be in January or even February for all I know, Nintendo is very difficult to predict. And I agree, that Pokemon announcement just blew being a FTP game.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Inklings would be a favorite of mine for sure. Banjo Kazooie would be fantastic. That would explain why we could not know who won for so long, as they are owned by Microsoft, and there would be a lot of legal hoops to jump through.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
Just some reactions to the Minecraft announcement and some Ninty shenanigans on Twitter. Not much :p

But I can't shake this feeling something big is coming this month...

Anyway, anyone have ideas for the upcoming Squidmas fest theme?
Of course something big is coming this month...

Winter is coming.

I'm sorry, I had to. xD

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh man... I foresee a lot of bitching and tears in the future. I can't wait!

I honestly think the Inklings would make better Assist Trophies at this point, but I'm not opposed to having them playable.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I honestly think the Inklings would make better Assist Trophies at this point, but I'm not opposed to having them playable.
This is something I hope doesn't happen. Every time there's a character people want to play as in Smash, they're always reduced to being either Assist Trophies, costumes (inb4 someone mentions the Inkling costumes for the Miis), or a stage prop. The Inklings don't deserve this treatment.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Concerning how popular Splatoon is lately, they should be playable characters in Smash. Sakurai better not troll us hard next week.
I would assume Nintendo would be pushing Sakurai for the Inklings. They would bring a lot of money and a lot of people have asked for them in the ballot (I know I did) and Splatoon is still very popular right now on top of the Black Friday deal. I will be a little shocked if they don't reveal them on Tuesday. It just all adds up.

Can I get one prediction right, Ninty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom