Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
I ****ing signed my life away to protect peoples freedoms. I constantly give to the needy. But god forbid I have a differing opinion.
Dude you just proved some of the stuff posted correct. You dont say that. You signed to honor and serve. Not to brag about it on a message board and wave it around to prove some point.

Any way... Lets get back on the hype train and relax everyone. I got cold drinks and salty snacks in the dining car. Lets make a toast for Octos in 2016.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Dude you just proved some of the stuff posted correct. You dont say that. You signed to honor and serve. Not to brag about it on a message board and wave it around to prove some point.

Any way... Lets get back on the hype train and relax everyone. I got cold drinks and salty snacks in the dining car. Lets make a toast for Octos in 2016.
I'm not bragging, I'm saying it's stupid to assume because I speak my mind here I am "scum". I don't sit here and aim to make people upset, I simply apply my line of thinking and counter arguments. I don't resort to petty name calling, I don't make blind assumptions about people, I don't attack people personally, I express my opinion. And the one instance where I went too far, I apologized. But because my opinion is different than everyone elses here, I'm "scum". I'm not, I'm quite the opposite. You can't make blind assumptions about people, with knowing exactly 0 about the person, and that is my point.

People are more than welcome to say why they believe Octos will happen, that's fine, just understand that I will express why I don't think they will. The second I did however, everyone became an emotional wreck and took everything serious. Which is why I quit posting here.

Then, I make a joke, and get crucified for it, despite it having exactly 0 "unkind" points in it.

But, I'm scum, and I'm a rat, as a matter of fact, according to @Hero of Lime, scum and rat aren't enough to describe me.

Attacking me is fine, but the second I do it to someone else (despite the fact I later apologized for it), I'm a horrible heathen of a person aren't I?

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
I'm not bragging, I'm saying it's stupid to assume because I speak my mind here I am "scum". I don't sit here and aim to make people upset, I simply apply my line of thinking and counter arguments. I don't resort to petty name calling, I don't make blind assumptions about people, I don't attack people personally, I express my opinion. And the one instance where I went too far, I apologized. But because my opinion is different than everyone elses here, I'm "scum". I'm not, I'm quite the opposite. You can't make blind assumptions about people, with knowing exactly 0 about the person, and that is my point.

People are more than welcome to say why they believe Octos will happen, that's fine, just understand that I will express why I don't think they will. The second I did however, everyone became an emotional wreck and took everything serious. Which is why I quit posting here.

Then, I make a joke, and get crucified for it, despite it having exactly 0 "unkind" points in it.

But, I'm scum, and I'm a rat.

I love to mix it up with random people on the innerwebz. We have had our back and fourths before. I think its the way you come across. You tend to talk down to people a lot. I may be wrong because its hard to 'read' sarcasm or intent via text but it sure reads that way and I am not the only one.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I love to mix it up with random people on the innerwebz. We have had our back and fourths before. I think its the way you come across. You tend to talk down to people a lot. I may be wrong because its hard to 'read' sarcasm or intent via text but it sure reads that way and I am not the only one.
I always speak sarcastically, I've had this exact conversation before in another thread. I get it from dabbling in other forums, non-Splatoon related. The people in those forums however, tend to have more backbone, and don't wither at the slightest hint of disagreement. This place is different. Perhaps I should adjust to that, but I don't feel as though I need to. I know you're not the only one, like I said, I've had this discussion before. I'm just sarcastic, it's my shtick. Here it doesn't boil over as well. Regardless, this has nothing to do with my sarcasm, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I made a joke about how untouched the .96 Gal is, and the hype roller coaster that this thread is. The second I rear my head in this thread again, I'm attacked and called names. Literally, the first chance they got.

It's brought out of me, I didn't come here looking for an argument. I didn't make any statements worthy of an argument. Yet someone found one, and managed to equate me to bottom feeders and scum. You can take up for their side, that's fine, I'm just defending my case. The typical thing done when you're force into a corner against an entire thread of emotional people. With a few level headed people sprinkled among the rest.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
In any case, my .96 Gal statement was simply a joke.
I simply said the course of this thread, which is a constant Hype Roller coaster, we all know it's true, and a joke towards the fact they haven't nerfed the .96 Gal.
I made a joke about how untouched the .96 Gal is, and the hype roller coaster that this thread is. The second I rear my head in this thread again, I'm attacked and called names. Literally, the first chance they got.
...Was anyone even talking about your joke? Not a single person even quoted it. I think it was more your general sarcasm and down-talking, like Warghoul said, that got people upset. I actually kind of related to the joke because I have a similar opinion on the .96 Gal. But there we go getting off-topic again, lol.

Anyway, here's a thing. Remember when we talked about these, everyone?:

Such grace, such elegance! I mean, who wouldn't want to play as one of these, am I right? :D

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
If you can point out where I was talk if down to the people in this thread prior to Hero of Lime's statement I'll admit I was in the wrong.

As far as the joke, thats is the only thing that could be misconstrued into me being "unkind" to someone. Otherwise (I believe this to be the case anyways) every post from Aqua on was completely uncalled for.

Disregard, I'll let not so sleeping dogs lie.

Last edited:

Jeane JWE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
likeisuzaku
jesus christ
I don't know if you actually expect me to take you seriously, telling me to "lighten up" after a veritable essay on.... I can't be bothered to discern what, actually.

While the hype cycle can leave people being disappointed, I think "tortured existence" is an overdramatic way of putting it.
Yes, I thought that was a pretty clear exaggeration.

I like being excited for stuff. Nothing torturous about hype. You may want to try it sometime.
Yes, I do enjoy being excited for things, that's why I dislike all of the leaks pertaining to this game lol. I would much rather be surprised by something rather than either being like "oh okay when's it come out" or just being eternally hopefully for nothing.
This is some "Santa vs No Santa" **** here.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Geez Louise, guys! I'm kinda glad I didn't get notifications for any of this. This is a whole lotta people acting like big babies and not doing some Octo Hype. Of course, there hasn't really been some Octo News lately (Nickiiii) but we can just talk about what we have so far and about Octos. Go take your negativity somewhere else.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander

OK. lemme address something before i disappear for good.

You folks did read the thread title, right? this isn't some magical new place to you folks, who think it's OK to put someone's opinion down because you think you know better than them about something they may be excited for, right? You did decide to back up, and prioritize what, and how you say things to people here before you go about being complete ***** to each other, right? because last i checked, this was a speculation thread to begin with. who said anyone was right, including you? (you being the general negativity of users throughout this community since i last checked)

it's a sad time when jerks need to put people down for speculated material in a video game they enjoy, for no other reason than because they can, and feel their opinion holds more weight than others'. i thought you folks stopped arguing when you made that one person leave, but you just continue, with no other reason than that's all you know. to scream your opinion into a sea of voices who, honestly, don't really care. and to make yourself stand out just a little bit more than the other voices, you crawl into the tiniest recesses you can, like the rats you are, and gnaw away at the less articulate, the passionate or otherwise excited people who do nothing else other than share a neutral opinion about what they feel could happen in their entertainment.

this negativity has gone on far too long. now if you want to keep acting that way, please, don't let me stop you. but keep in mind, you are the voice of the community. if all you do is put people down, gnash teeth at how to play the game "right," or otherwise quarrel over things that should bring joy to people, then you are the one making the community negative.

now if you'll excuse me, I have a game to enjoy. Just lighten up, folks.
When I disagree with someone, it is not to troll. It is not to attack or offend. It is because I have a different point of view from yours and want to understand why you think the way you do. Part of that process is explaining my position, and I make an effort to do so in the most dispassionate way possible precisely because, at the end of the day, I am grateful that people took the time to share their thoughts with me. I am grateful to people who disagree with me because it makes me take a critical look at my own thoughts and ideas. Disagreeing with people forces me to do some introspection that ultimately makes me grow as a person. To me, this continued intellectual growth is essential. In life, people will tell you anything you'll listen to. It's important that individuals know how to analyze what people tell them to decide whether they are worth listening to.

I am not some rat gnawing away at anything. I am asking questions and responding to the answers I get. That is called having a discussion. I am not some big bad wolf trying to blow your poor, helpless and allegedly neutral opinions (which is questionable) down to show how superior mine is. My conversing with you does not make you a victim of anything. If you disagree with me, that is wonderful. It doesn't mean your opinion is better or worse than mine or vice versa. Both sides are equally important and depend on each other, as I don't really know where I stand until I hear what other people think.

If the people in this thread cannot handle different points of view, then simply say that this thread will not allow discourse. Do not respond to me, then make a martyr of yourself because I disagree with what you want to believe. I am not here to say who is right or wrong. If that is someone else's motive, that is their business and not mine. I won't be blamed for someone else's intentions. If you guys are this sensitive to differing views, all you have to say is "different perspectives are not permitted in this thread" and that will be the end of it.

Such grace, such elegance! I mean, who wouldn't want to play as one of these, am I right? :D
If they implement Octolings, I hope they incorporate their war machines in some fashion. Mechanized warfare is the Octarian trademark, and I think it would make for interesting gameplay to have specials based on the Great Octoweapons.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Geez Louise, guys! I'm kinda glad I didn't get notifications for any of this. This is a whole lotta people acting like big babies and not doing some Octo Hype. Of course, there hasn't really been some Octo News lately (Nickiiii) but we can just talk about what we have so far and about Octos. Go take your negativity somewhere else.
Agreed.

I don't get why people constantly tell us "There will be no Octo's" and think they have the right to downtalk us, completely ignoring everything that has been discovered by dataminers.
And don't get me started over the fact that the models for Octo's have been UPDATED several times.
And if it were scrapped material that won't be used, what point would there be to update them?

Sorry, but I smell trolling in the air by now.
Don't feed them, ppz.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Go figure, we express our opinion on the matter and it's automatically denounced as "trolling".

There's no point in arguing this if it just an argument of faith. I have debates about this on a near daily basis. You're not budging, and we're not trying to make you budge. We are simply supplying reasons for why they may not be coming. We are not stating our opinions as law, or fact, we are simply expressing why we think differently than yourselves. But, you can stick to your guns, that's fine, but you're not convincing me with the same claims you've been making for the past 2 almost 3 months now.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Nobody said your opinion is trolling. And Octolings might not come. But this is not the thread to try to explain that they might not come. This is to hype up the clues and Octolings in general. You know, someone should make an Octoling Debate thread. It might be fun.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Nobody said your opinion is trolling. And Octolings might not come. But this is not the thread to try to explain that they might not come. This is to hype up the clues and Octolings in general. You know, someone should make an Octoling Debate thread. It might be fun.
Sorry, but I smell trolling in the air by now.
Don't feed them, ppz.
Yea, no one. . .

Regardless, this is a speculation thread, as Aqua stated. Not a circle jerk.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Go figure, we express our opinion on the matter and it's automatically denounced as "trolling".

There's no point in arguing this if it just an argument of faith. I have debates about this on a near daily basis. You're not budging, and we're not trying to make you budge. We are simply supplying reasons for why they may not be coming. We are not stating our opinions as law, or fact, we are simply expressing why we think differently than yourselves. But, you can stick to your guns, that's fine, but you're not convincing me with the same claims you've been making for the past 2 almost 3 months now.
Did I call you out, specifically?

What I mean is, if you think Octo's are scrapped. All fine.
But people fall over the ones who believe they will come, and downtalk them, saying it's a fact that they DO NOT come!
Even with all the clues and evidence pointing to the contrary.

Thing is, there are clues speaking for both.
But there is evidence speaking for playable Octolings.
Something that is constantly ignored by the Anti-Octo people.

And even after it was pointed out so many times, they still won't pay attention to it.
Under these circumstances, what am I supposed to think?

If someone just won't pay attention to this, or even say "it doesn't exist", then I can only see it as an attempt for the Anti-Octo people to see themselves as superior, downtalking the Pro-Octo people, seeing them as inferior.
All while ignoring, or even discrediting, anything that would put them at a disadvantage.
Aka, the evidence Nikki and her datamining pals have discovered.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Just like how you attacked me behind my back a few pages ago? Don't be a hypocrite, you jack***. <.<
And it continues.

Where did I attack you? The only time your name was ever brought up in the past few pages was me expressing I went too far in mocking you several pages ago, resulting in me apologizing. That isn't a personal attack by the way, just me being an *******.
Finding conflict where there is none, we want to do this again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom