• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official Splatoon Fan Art Thread!

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
No harm in giving it a shot, seems fun to me! Plus, judging by your avatar, I'd say you're more than qualified!
I agree with Bro. Sure, maybe you don't win, but if you don't enter at all, then you can't even have the chance. If you are thinking about it, take the shot.
You guys are right! No harm in trying, and there's a chance I might take the grand prize! I'm too poor to actually buy a Wii U so this could be my big shot!
Alright, as of today I'm an official competitor in this art deathmatch!

Wish me luck everyone!!

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
You guys are right! No harm in trying, and there's a chance I might take the grand prize! I'm too poor to actually buy a Wii U so this could be my big shot!

Wish me luck everyone!!
That's the spirit, wish you all the luck I can!

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
It'd be rad to have an art contest held here in the future. Honestly, I can't draw to save my life but I love seeing the work of others. I'm going to have to watch this thread. Some of these pieces are incredible and/or just make me smile. :scared:

Aura

Infiltrator
Hey guys, how's it going?

I need some assistance. I have a guild here on Squidboards called The Squid Squad and I need for someone to create the title header for the thread. The title header is simply the words Squid Squad in a font similar to that of the Pokemon title except it's blue with a blue ink splatter in the background between the two words. I am unable to do this myself and am asking for your help.

Can someone please do this?

Kaysick

Inkling

Wish me luck everyone!!
Good luck! This can definitely be a learning experience for you and I hope you do your best!

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I thought I would post some progress pictures for my Art Contest entry!

The image is HUGE and those pictures are only at 33% zoom!
Anyway, even though I've been working on this for 4 days now, it's still (obviously) it's its super messy stage, but I finally finished sketching out the whole thing so now it's time to start cleaning it all up and THEN I can think about all the colors that'll go into it.

There's still a LOT of work to be done, it really is going to take me up to the deadline...Anyway, I hope you guys like what you see so far!

Unessential

Full Squid
I haven't drawn anything with my wii u gamepad in.... well, Since I got my wii u a few years back pretty much.

but I love splatoon and the artwork and the characters so much... And there's no splatoon miiverse community yet. So I found an excuse to tie it into smash and drew this:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHj4VDmdEg

It looked a lot better before i posted it =/

Last edited:

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
It deeply saddens me that there is no Inkling or Octarian fanart crossed with a metroid. Metroids are essentially floating vampire jellyfish. Why hasn't this happened yet internet?!

Metroid X Splatoon fanart! Make it happen fanartists!
I absolutely agree. I googled it last night and was disappointed. I may have to make my own.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Do any of you guys have tips on how to draw inklings? I'm only just getting the hang of this whole character design thing, and for some reason I find inklings pretty tricky to draw.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Heyyy another WIP!

She kinda looks like some kind of food....

Unessential

Full Squid
I doodle for fun. I sometimes wish i could draw better. If i ever try to draw anything substantial I need almost perfect references. and my drawings still come out mediocre =(

CottonBun

Inkling
I don't have a lot of finished pieces, other than the contest entry, though I made a few sketches over the past months.
Most of them come from my twitter/tumblr. Hope you like them!

( Hid under spoiler. Didn't want to stretch the post...)

The very first time I drew an Inkling. Not very good proportion-wise but I still like the colours!

( I really like Anemone's design *'-'* )

(...)I was ready to enter until this guy submitted(...)
Um.. a girl :p

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
This one is my favorite! :3
Don't know who made it tho

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom