• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Official Splatoon Fan Art Thread!

Raphaël

Inkling
I was not too sure if I should post my artwork or not... But I decided to post it ;w;

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I was not too sure if I should post my artwork or not... But I decided to post it ;w;

Woah, that’s pretty good. Do you take requests at all?

Raphaël

Inkling
Woah, that’s pretty good. Do you take requests at all?
I got two more weeks of school and the schedule is pretty tight (I'm in there for 10-13 hours every day, aaaa), afterwards I'm actually thinking of opening for requests and arttrades x3

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I got two more weeks of school and the schedule is pretty tight (I'm in there for 10-13 hours every day, aaaa), afterwards I'm actually thinking of opening for requests and arttrades x3
Sounds good. Please, let me know when you start.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Last edited:

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
My brother made what he now claims will most likely be the final montage. These are his final drawings he did in MS Paint. I know very little about them, but I'll do my best to answer questions about them. Also he also sent this to our "aunt" in England who is battling Multiple Sclerosis to brighten her day as her MS is becoming worse and worse. Hope you all enjoy this! :)

Leahita

Inkling
drew this a while ago for v-day (the date is wrong):

and some of my digital work for mar13 day (has gotten better since then):

TheFirstDecade

Banned (6 points)
I drew a handful of Splatoon art, Mostly relating to Salmonids since i love these guys so much. I have yet to draw the Little Buddy, i may draw something today. But here's just an art-dump of things i worked on.

Salmonid Griller Tank Crew

Sunken Scroll Attempt of the previous image

"Go home and be a Salmon Man" (Salmonid Guile)

Another of my OC's, Sven Ferrofin.

Upcoming Splat 3 Fanart, i prolly wanna put the Ink bow in the ink protagonist's hand, just i need a good reference of the weapon to properly redraw it, also i tried my hardest to bring a good background element-design-wise. and Yes that is a new image of Sven.

But what do you guys think of this? is my art good in any way? I know it looks like if nothing has changed over the years, but i'd like a consistent artstyling to be honest.​

TheFirstDecade

Banned (6 points)
It's been a couple months, but i am working on some more art. Still, mostly salmonid related because im running my fanon further into development, gotta design something in a sense, why don't i? So yes i've decided to start working on enemies of "Salmon Run Revolutions", being a small art/comic project im making because i love Salmonids so much. This first post is detailing the small, somewhat short, but loyal Chum Grunt. The backbone of all Salmannican infantry divisions.
-- -- --
https://preview.redd.it/7lrgrckqpcu61.jpg?width=3376&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=da149d8d6f1df804055bd7a3ebae7936096ab44a

The chum Grunt Reference Sheet in whole.

https://preview.redd.it/cb96thkqpcu61.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=52daf6fa9629b9a54f21791cb72915d6b4eb78c0

A image of Chum Grunts in "Rush Craze"

https://preview.redd.it/ssn4uhkqpcu61.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=7ceaa4cf569ad298806ae39d7694ea3e3250e952

And a small comic featuring the above image.
-- -- --
Some lore on the Chum grunt:
Born and raised In the large abandoned skyscrapers that once stood over the now flooded Great Britain, and the backbone of any Salmonid Infantry Division. Numbering in the hoards of Tens of Thousands, these strong-willed fish are blindly loyal to their Queen Privateer. Fighting on the front lines of any spawning ground or vast sea bed, these men will take no question in being given orders from their superiors and will do anything it takes to ensure victory is for the Salmannican flag to be raised over the corpses of their enemies or conquered natives.

Sometimes, these chums were specially born into military service, not enlisted or conscripted like others. Being born into the military is the highest honor you can receive as a chum, straight from the womb of Aurum-san herself. Though herself may have lost her fertility a while long back, these chums are probably the last of their honored generation to ever fight for their valiant golden mother. A Chum Grunt's Training is held at an abandoned, once-human-ran salmon farm from thousands of years ago, named Ft. Goldfin, Chums begin their training to become the well-conditioned grunts they are on the battefield, those whom choose to have different tasks other than being a novel grunt, choose to go for a support class for the bigger salmonids. The Harpoon bearers are for specialized Steelheads whom go for the "Field General" class of Steelheads, giving them their signature long deadly throwing pikes for the field generals, but these chums can't use the harpoons themselves due to how big, long, and heavy they are, slowing them down considerably. Giving for their fellow comrades, ammunition bearers keep their fellow salmonids supplied well during the heat of battle, giving Harpoon Shotguns weilded by Steelhead "Brutes" their Flechette-like ammunition for their deadly blunderbuss-like firearm, but the ammo-bearer's main weakness is the ammunition box itself on their backs, shoot at that and he'll light up like a ammo-racked tank!

Other Salmonid Chums often like to stay back behind active lines and help nourish and care for their fellow brethren in arms, being cooks for their kin. Often serving up a healthy meal of rations made of various seafoods and others. Although celebration dishes may be sometimes raw calamari and takoyaki, often it's very bitter, sour, or "straight-up disgusting" as some lucky salmon-runners call it when they manage to kill one of these cooks during a heated battle. but if anything, alot of salmonids can be hungry and it is sort of HARD to feed a Chinese-sized army of men, women (mostly men do the fighting), and others. But with much of seafood being a viable option, be it sentient or not, these soldiers will get well fed. These fish are simply a big wall to be thrown at you, but they know that, that is their role in their military as they are just regular dough-boys fighting in the sea trenches to die patriotically for their country, nay, vast empire they rule over. Never under-estimate the fantical prowess, the strength, and endurance a well-trained Salmannican Chum has. They will overwhelm you one way or another with their numbers.

Ten-Tickles

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-1337-3805
20210510_110443.jpg
20210510_110455.jpg

Drew some stuff of my OC Ten-Tickles recently! She's my pfp as well! (pfp made by cyberandjasmine on deviantart)

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
I do art in my spare time, I want to go into animation someday, but I'm also a big Splatoon and Earthbound fan! And my little dream is to make animations of them. I also drew my profile picture, haha. So if I do anything I'll try and post on here! Now lets see if I can find my little easter doodles...

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
20210404_100300.jpg

It's not my easter doodle, but I experimented with markers and fineliner back in February. It's kind of an OC, but more just what my avatar had equipped at the time 😊. Hope you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom