• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Offline tournies needs for a Single Setup: UPDATE there will indeed not be split Screen

Setu

Online Leagues would be the best, or at least for the first couple of months. Offline seems too inconvenient and the community should grow a bit more first.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Online Leagues would be the best, or at least for the first couple of months. Offline seems too inconvenient and the community should grow a bit more first.
If it's possible then yeah I totally agree. Teams need time to form and practice before we can have any real LANs. There could be an exhibition invitational but finding someone who could actually invite the people would be practically impossible.

Last edited:

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
People on the SplatoonUK Facebook page have already 'confirmed' a LAN basically. Someone has said they've basically already set one up, so going to need to set up my team asap. However they haven't mentioned how they're going to do it. I'll be interested to see if they provide WiiUs. It'd be really cool if there was some way to transfer your character, kind of like cloud saves. Then logging in with your NNID would allow you to simply have your char right there. However I don't think Cloud saves are a thing and I don't think saves can be transferred by USB. Anyone know?
My expectation if people are playing over LAN is that there won't be any gear from online. It would be "vanilla" as others have said. I'm just guessing though, but that's cool if some brits have figured out how to set up a Splatoon LAN. I hope if/when they do it that some footage is shared.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
If it's possible then yeah I totally agree. Teams need time to form and practice before we can have any real LANs. There could be an exhibition invitational but someone would be practically impossible.
idk I think just a week wait, then ppl could start having fun with offline tournies. You just bring your friends. I guess in some areas with few gaming communities it is not likely, I suppose I just feel this way b/c in california we get a lot of tournament attendees no matter the game. Plus considering its a brand new game I think a lot of people would want to go.

Also as @itisrag mentioned any video of this would be amazing. But @Kat if you get any more information (video or not) on how setups are going to work could you please share it here? I'd love any information

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
idk I think just a week wait, then ppl could start having fun with offline tournies. You just bring your friends. I guess in some areas with few gaming communities it is not likely, I suppose I just feel this way b/c in california we get a lot of tournament attendees no matter the game. Plus considering its a brand new game I think a lot of people would want to go.

Also as @itisrag mentioned any video of this would be amazing. But @Kat if you get any more information (video or not) on how setups are going to work could you please share it here? I'd love any information
I'll keep an ear out, I put posts up whenever I have relevant information but I'll actively hunt for this one.

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
Plus what's the definition of a "small tournament?"
Tournaments with ~<32 teams would probably be the definition of a small tournament.

But @Kat if you get any more information (video or not) on how setups are going to work could you please share it here? I'd love any information
I imagine the set ups are going to look like your standard set ups were you have x amount of stations, with each station having 8 consoles with 8 monitors, something like these but on a smaller scale.

Edit: Cant seem to get the embedded images to work so link 1, link 2 and link 3 (images of set ups)

Last edited:

Nibroc

rasutosutāman
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I
People on the SplatoonUK Facebook page have already 'confirmed' a LAN basically. Someone has said they've basically already set one up, so going to need to set up my team asap. However they haven't mentioned how they're going to do it. I'll be interested to see if they provide WiiUs. It'd be really cool if there was some way to transfer your character, kind of like cloud saves. Then logging in with your NNID would allow you to simply have your char right there. However I don't think Cloud saves are a thing and I don't think saves can be transferred by USB. Anyone know?
SplatoonUK has made my day with that news!

I'm not sure about cloud saves - I would imagine the save is local, but maybe Nintendo has leveled up a bit. But no voice chat makes me doubt cloud saves, haha.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Tournaments with ~<32 teams would probably be the definition of a small tournament.

I imagine the set ups are going to look like your standard set ups were you have x amount of stations, with each station having 8 consoles with 8 monitors, something like these but on a smaller scale.

Edit: Cant seem to get the embedded images to work so link 1, link 2 and link 3 (images of set ups)
Whoa! Theses are perfect! Thanks a bunch for those pics.

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
Whoa! Theses are perfect! Thanks a bunch for those pics.
It was late then and is late now so I didn't really have the time to find more suitable pictures of smaller events but I will try to do it tomorrow so keep in mind those pictures are for events that have ~150 teams attending so obviously they are much bigger than what would be required for a Splatoon event.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Ehh as long as you get a decent sized location and can set up tables like that, it's just a matter of getting more setups to fit the number of teams at the tournie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom