1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

One man's trash, is another man's treasure!

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Hinichii.ez.™, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Hinichii.ez.™

Hinichii.ez.™ Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?

NNID:
    Hinichii
    Are you looking for that one top, that just never seems to be in your shop? Can't get ink savor main on your hi-tops? No Ninja Squid tops for sale? Well this is the thread for you. Post your NNID and the item you, along with any sub-abilities you want on it and someone may have what you want! To get an item from someone, add them, then play a game with them, go to the plaza, find them, order that piece and spyke will get it to you the next day. Post an item, and I'll add you to the OP! When you get it

Click the hyperlinked name of the item, to see a picture of it!

All hates/headgear - @LinkJr
    What each is most likely to get as subs!
    [​IMG]

I'll start first:

@HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™

@Eclipsc70

:head_eye004: with :ability_tenacity: and :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
    :shoes_bot003: with :ability_inkresistance: and :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

@CrazyDude
    Dark Urban Vest :clothes_vest002: *** - (Main) :ability_coldblooded: - x3 :ability_inkrecovery: or x3 :ability_haunt:

@Arcadian

Safari Hat: Ink Saver Main, 3x Ink Saver Sub
    Black Squid-Eye: Run Speed Up, 3x Ink Recovery
    Clownfish Basics: Special Charge Up, 3x Swim Speed Up

@doritos29 - 5thelement
    Tentacles Helmet - x3 Specail Duration Up

@ladyfoster
    Wingtip Shoes

@Sharpzz
    Cyan trainers - x3 damage up

@Saltystick
    NNID: Wummer
    LF: One of the items in the spoiler or something similar. Basically, they want an item with 3 of the same ability on it. Doesn't matter what item or even the abilities.

[​IMG]

ITEMS YOU MIGHT WANT
    @Symph
    Sporty Bobble Hat - x3 special saver
    Layered Vector LS - x3 specail charge up
    White Shirt - x3 ink savor main

@Eclipsc70
    navy blue cycling shirt with :ability_coldblooded: and :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

@Math
    baseball jersey - x3 ink savor sub

@SquiddiamFancyson
    pink polo [ Ninja Squid] Sub - Abilities ink saver main x3
    White headband - ink recovery, damage up x3
    Fake contacts - special charge up, ink recovery x3
    Pink shrimp polo - ninja squid, ink saver main x3
    Red hi tops - ink resistance, swim speed up x3
    Rockenberg boots - ink resistance, run speed up x3

@Thebluehero

@Njok
    Zekko Hoodie (Ninja Squid) with 3 special savers

Clownfish Basics (Special Charge) with 3 swim speeds
    Crazy Arrows (Stealth Jump) with 3 special charges
    @Symph
    Sporty Bobble Hat - Tenacity with x3 Quick Respawn
    Tinted Shades - Last-Ditch Effort with x3 Special Saver
    strapping reds with ink resistance and 3x ink saver main!

@vtroid5
    Neon Sea Slugs - Ink Resistance Main with x3 Ink Recovery Up Subs

@Egregore

White Zekko Glasses - 3x Special Saver

Sporty Bobble Hat with 3x Quick Respawn

Sage Polo - 3x Ink Saver Main

Dark Urban Vest - 3x Ink Saver Sub

Red Hi-tops - 3x Swim Speed Up

@JarBear
    Camo Mesh Cap - x3 Ink Saver (Sub)

@Njok
    Camo Mesh Cap - 3x Ink Saver (Sub)
    Rainy Day Tee - 3x Swim Speed Up

@HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™
    Sage Polo - x3 Ink Savor Main

@Frog

@Arcadian - NNID: SpeedofSloth

White Arrows: Special Charge Up, 3x Swim Speed Up
    Cherry Kicks: Stealth Jump, 3x Run Speed Up

@TheFreightrain
    Squid-Stitch Cap :head_cap004:*** - (Main) :ability_openinggambit: - (Subs) :ability_quickrespawn: :ability_quickrespawn: :ability_quickrespawn:

@CleanSweep - NNID = exalt9
    Baseball Jersey - Special Charge Up main and 3x Ink Saver (Sub) if anyone needs it.
    Tan Work Boots [Main Bomb Range Up] 3x Run Speed Up.

@HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™
    Sage Polo :clothes_plo003:* - (Main):ability_coldblooded: - :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
    Studio Headphones :head_hdp000: *** - (Main) :ability_inksavermain: - (Subs) :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
    Hi - Tops :shoes_shi005: ** - (Main) :ability_inkresistance: - (Subs) :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
    Gas Mask :head_msk000:*** - (Main):ability_tenacity: - (Subs) :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
    Snorkel Mask :head_eye005: ** - (Main):ability_damage: (Subs) :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
    Anchor Sweat :clothes_swt006: ** (Main) :ability_coldblooded: - (Subs):ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
    White Head:head_first: * (Main) :ability_inkrecovery: - (Subs) :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

@doritos29
    Straw Boater x3 Quick Respawn

@xCoCo
    Baby Jelly (Defense Up) x3 ink saver main
    Jungle Hat :head_hat001: *** - (Main) :ability_inksavermain: - (Subs) :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
    Pink Sweater :clothes_swt002: ** (Main) :ability_defenseup: - (Subs) :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

@ladyfoster
    Shirt & Tie (Main) Special Saver x3 ink saver (main)

@MakesDream
    White Anchor :clothes_tes022:*** (Main) :ability_stealthjump: - (Subs) :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

@McToffin,
    Headgear

:head_cap002: = :ability_defenseup: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
    :head_cap005: = :ability_specialcharge: + :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
    :head_ncp003: = :ability_tenacity: + :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: (Infinitely better than the Squidvader IMO)
    :head_first: = :ability_inkrecovery: + :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Clothes

:clothes_amb000:
    = :ability_inkrecovery: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
    :clothes_plo001: = :ability_runspeed: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
    :clothes_tes003:= :ability_coldblooded: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
    :clothes_swt006: = :ability_coldblooded: + :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
    :clothes_vest002: = :ability_coldblooded: + :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
    :clothes_tes005: = :ability_damage: + :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
    Shirt and Tie (August Update) = :ability_specialsaver: + :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

Shoes

:shoes_bot003:= :ability_inkresistance: +:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
    Strapping Reds (August Update) = :ability_inkresistance: + :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

:shoes_shi005: = :ability_inkresistance: + :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

And I also have a few non-triples that I still find very good, or even better than the intended triple:

Headgear

Sun Visor (August Update)
    = :ability_bombrange: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_bombrange::ability_inkrecovery:

:head_vis001: = :ability_specialcharge: + :ability_inksaversub::ability_specialcharge::ability_inksaversub:

:head_hbd002: = :ability_damage: + :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_damage:

:head_eye005: = :ability_damage: + :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_damage:

Clothes

:clothes_tes000:
    = :ability_inksaversub: + :ability_damage::ability_inksaversub::ability_damage:

Shoes

:shoes_sht002:
    = :ability_inkresistance: + :ability_defenseup::ability_damage::ability_damage:

@"Bolt
    :head_eye004: - :ability_tenacity:(main) :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: (sub)
    :shoes_slp002: - :ability_defenseup: (main) :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: (sub)
    @Flareon
    I have the Turqoise Kicks :shoes_lts002::ability_specialcharge: + :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
    The Tan work boots :shoes_bot001::ability_bombrange:+:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

#1 Hinichii.ez.™, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. Ellocus

Ellocus Senior Squid

NNID:
    rebellocus
    I believe when you order gear, you don't get the sub abilities, only the main one as if you ordered it from the shop. This is still a nice idea though, I'll be sure to check my inventory (I've been hoarding!)

Wolfen15, Tentacruel and freefun55 like this.
  3. Hinichii.ez.™

NNID:
    Hinichii
    You get the subs, iirc. But if you order from someone who had a 1 star item, and added slots, you only get the first sub and no additional slots.

Math likes this.
  4. Saltystick

Saltystick Senior Squid

NNID:
    Wummer
    NNID: Wummer
    LF: Anything where all of the 3 sub abilites are the same. (Excluding damage and defense up)

Something like that would be perfect:
    [​IMG]

#4 Saltystick, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  5. Hinichii.ez.™

NNID:
    Hinichii
    I have the blue moto Boots, but don't know if you want them... they have ink savor main, quick respawn and bomb range up.
    [​IMG]
    They look like that, but navy instead of brown. They don't have a pic of it up on the list yet.

6. Marraphy

Marraphy Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Marraph
    I think it's an increased chance to get the same subs, but not guaranteed

7. X° 5ully

X° 5ully Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    5ully151
    It is guaranteed. It's a copy of they're stuff without the added slots

8. Saltystick

Saltystick Senior Squid

NNID:
    Wummer
    oh thanks forgot to mention not those either (they're just too ugly D: ) thank you for your offer tho!
    i know there's at least one other boots with ink resistance.. neon green/yellow ones. i'm looking for those! (or well any other ones but blue moto/red hi tops)

9. Squelchior

Squelchior Inkling

NNID:
    dekudesu
    I have the Zekko Hoodie, so maybe we could play a game while I wear the shirt?

10. Hinichii.ez.™

NNID:
    Hinichii
    anytime is fine with me
    lemme know when would be a good time for you

11. Tyrfing

Tyrfing Senior Squid

Definitely not guaranteed. I've ordered quite some items now and, yet I still have to get lucky and get the subs.

12. Squelchior

Squelchior Inkling

NNID:
    dekudesu
    Just one Ink Saver or should I perfect it?
    can do anytime today, I'm in the GMT timezone, though :p

13. Hinichii.ez.™

NNID:
    Hinichii
    Yea, one is fine. What does yours have on it?

14. Ellocus

Ellocus Senior Squid

NNID:
    rebellocus
    I've only ordered once and I didn't get any sub abilities unlocked on it. I might have got this confused. So do you still have to unlock the abilities as normal? But they're not rolled randomly, just selected?

15. Hinichii.ez.™

NNID:
    Hinichii
    It' weird to me. I coulda sworn you get the subs. I ordered a 2 star item last night, but only got the first ability. I'll check the guide and post what it says about the matter.

16. Tyrfing

Tyrfing Senior Squid

There is a chance you get the subs, but it is not guaranteed. So you might have to order it more than once in order to get the item with subs.

17. LancerStaff

LancerStaff Inkling Cadet

Wait, is this you? 'Cause I need that stuff. Badly.

I have a pair of Neon Seas Slugs, which are indeed neon green. Ugh, all the Ink Res shoes are ugly. Only those three have the ability.

18. lightdasher

lightdasher Pro Squid

..Can you order gear you already have so you get the same clothes with different subs?

19. LancerStaff

LancerStaff Inkling Cadet

Yep. And it's cheaper then rerolling if it's a three-star equip with less then two skills on it. But it replaces the old gear.

20. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Very useful thread! If I didn't already have everything I wanted I'd definitely be using this. :)