• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

One man's trash, is another man's treasure!

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
Yeah I would actually prefer spending 30k to roll a single slot rather than all 3... I'm interested to see how this testing plays out.

like @LancerStaff , I'm a bit dubious that it is possible, but having seen loadouts with 3 identical subs... I mean, that's backed up by the 5x brand bias but even still, it's super lucky.

Unless somebody beats me to the punch, I'll get the answers this weekend.

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
Ok so some findings. I modified my plan slightly. I equipped 3 brand-neutral gear pieces to increase the variation. I leveled them all up in turf war using a Jr. and recorded which abilities were added.

I then turned the game off and leveled them again. Got the same sub abilities. Given that this was 3 pieces of gear each with a 1/13 shot, getting the same abilities pretty much confirms that won't work.

I then decided to change a bunch of variables and try again (not very scientific, but I only care about results right now). I switched to the other Jr. and leveled up 3 different pieces of gear, then went back to the original 3 and leveled them again. Got the same result as before.

I reset again, went into ranked battle with a Pro on a different map and leveled them yet again. Got the same results.

At this point, I'm fairly darn confident that the sub ability is predetermined. The only thing I haven't tested that we KNOW is a variable is time. Maybe the same test 4hrs apart would lead to a different result. Worth checking, but I'm not hopeful

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
http://squidboards.com/threads/spyke-can-clone-items.2451/#post-41966
so this happened
So, it is possible to get the exact gear you ordered, even if they added a slot(s) to the item! We will need some people to go in, and figure how to do this. I'm assuming it based on luck tho. It will cost 100k, but for the prefect item, that is a reasonable price; considering it costs 30k alone to re-roll.

Last edited:

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
http://squidboards.com/threads/spyke-can-clone-items.2451/#post-41966
so this happened
So, it is possible to get the exact gear you ordered, even if they added a slot(s) to the item! We will need some people to go in, and figure how to do this. It will cost 100k but for the prefect item, that is a reasonable price, considering it costs 30k alone, for a re-roll.
Well,I already told you that days ago that it will cost you 100k for the full unlocked gear. ^^
But it's cool to know that you get all the slots from a one or two stars gear. This wasn't quite clear for me.

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
Hmm maybe you need to actually have 100k "gold" ? I'm always low on cash.. that would explain why i only get stuff with no sub abilites

Hinichii.ez.™

Yea, I have never had 100k when I had an order come in. I'll try saving up next time, and then giving this a shot.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I believe when you order gear, you don't get the sub abilities, only the main one as if you ordered it from the shop. This is still a nice idea though, I'll be sure to check my inventory (I've been hoarding!)
There is a chance that you will get the subs with it, but it's a random chance. He either says "This is the best I could do" (? Subs) or he says "I got excactly what you wanted!" (All subs identical).

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
So...let's do some business then. The problem is to find somebody who has red hi-tops with 3 swim speed or Dark Urban Gilet with 3 Special Charge up...(or the other way around)

Hinichii.ez.™

So...let's do some business then. The problem is to find somebody who has red hi-tops with 3 swim speed or Dark Urban Gilet with 3 Special Charge up...(or the other way around)
If you can't find someone with the Krack-Ons or get tired of waiting
swim spd 2x, special duration up

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
There is a chance that you will get the subs with it, but it's a random chance. He either says "This is the best I could do" (? Subs) or he says "I got excactly what you wanted!" (All subs identical).
Oh right! Thank You. Honestly hadn't seen it happen anywhere, sorry for the confusion and thanks for the clarification. Guess I've just been really unlucky then.

I'll have a look in my inventory for any 3x subs for this thread I guess!

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
got my first piece of gear with 3 of the same ability today. Unfortunately, that ability is quick respawn... Going to see how much difference it makes before judging it.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Currently working on the Jungle Hat (ink saver main) and its brand makes it 5x likely to have ink saver sub so working on getting that 3x. Got close with 2x once, so heres to hoping. Also be working on that squidforce ninja squid main shirt since its brand allows for 5x damage up. Would be great to have 3 of those on it since I main the .52 gal :D
Will update on my bad luck/if I ever get the hat done(doing it before I do the shirt).

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Very interesting. I was unaware that there was a chance to get the same subs as someone else's gear by ordering it.

In that case, if anyone has any variation of the following, I have red high tops with 3x swim speed up I'd be willing to trade for orders.

Looking for:

2x Quick Jump, 2x Special Charge Up, 2x Ink Saver Main on -
Zekko White Glasses
Any Cold Blooded / Haunt shirt

Thanks! I'll keep my eyes on this thread.

Last edited:

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
If you really want, "any cold blooded shirt," I have one of those. I forget what I have on it, but it is 3 stars at least. I think @HBSF° Sho.ez.™ or @HBSF° 5ully has a 3 star haunt top. I have a one star top. I have a gas mask with 2 ink savor mains and special duration. What exactly did you want on the glasses? I
Sorry, the way I typed it was probably strange to read, but I'm looking for any variation of those subs on those specific types of gear. I do own all of the cold blooded / haunt items already, just no luck with rolls. Same with the glasses. . .

2x Special Charge Up
2x Quick Respawn
2x Ink Saver Main

^ Any variation of those on Cold Blooded / Haunt, or the White Glasses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom