• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

One man's trash, is another man's treasure!

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Cute thread and might be helpful for sure but there is only a chance where you might get the sub abilities. And it's expensive like 100k for an unlocked 3 star gear as far as I know. (compared to 15k with locked ones)

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Cute thread and might be helpful for sure but there is only a chance where you might get the sub abilities. And it's expensive like 100k for an unlocked 3 star gear as far as I know. (compared to 15k with locked ones)
100k?? I've never seen or heard it that high. I've payed 30k for 3 star 2k for one star and I forget how much for a 2 star. I have yet, to see a price higher in my game.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
100k?? I've never seen or heard it that high. I've payed 30k for 3 star 2k for one star and I forget how much for a 2 star. I have yet, to see a price higher in my game.
Yes, you paid 30k for a 3 star gear with only one slot ALREADY unlocked. (for example main is squid speed and subs are : run speed , ? , ? ) But if a 3 star gear is already unlocked completely like main is ink resistance and subs are : squid speed,squid speed, ink sub up ) it will cost you 100k. The more unlocked subs you have the more money Spyke will get. This is what I meant with ''unlocked 3 star gear'' .

For example I got my Mountain Gilet from Spyke for 15k but all sub abilities were locked.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
I'll put in a request for any good 2 or 3 star equipment with all Ink Saver Sub ability please! Willing to compromise and find something back for whoever helps out first!
Nintendo Network ID: Mendozaz

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
This is a good thread, it deserves to be stickied. I'll try helping out if I have something someone wants.

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
Okay so i dunno whtehr i should make a new post or edit my first one so i'm just gonna do both:

NNID: Wummer
LF: Anything where all of the 3 sub abilites are the same. (Excluding damage and defense up)

Hinichii.ez.™

Okay so i dunno whtehr i should make a new post or edit my first one so i'm just gonna do both:

NNID: Wummer
LF: Anything where all of the 3 sub abilites are the same. (Excluding damage and defense up)
Closest thing I have to that,
Gas Mask - Tenacity
ink savor main 2x, special duration up
I don't see 3x very much
Any reason particular, you want any 3 stack of skills together (minus the two you said)

Last edited:

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
Closest thing I have to that,
Gas Mask - Tenacity
ink savor main 2x, special duration up
I don't see 3x very much
Any reason particular, you want any 3 stack of skills together (minus the two you said)
because 3 sub abilites add the same or around the same bonus as one main ability. so by having the same one 3 times i basically get "2 main abilites" in one clothing piece. and i don't want/need damage/defense up because well... they're as good as useless

i'm gonna unlock the abilites on my mask first, i might come back to you! thank you!

Hinichii.ez.™

because 3 sub abilites add the same or around the same bonus as one main ability. so by having the same one 3 times i basically get "2 main abilites" in one clothing piece. and i don't want/need damage/defense up because well... they're as good as useless

i'm gonna unlock the abilites on my mask first, i might come back to you! thank you!
Yea, but I don't get why any 3 stack will suffice.

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
I can re-confirm that ordering does not guarantee the same subs. Spyke actually says something to this effect the first time you talk to him. I've had really bad luck ordering stuff and getting crap subs.

Regarding the 3 all-same subs... I have trouble believing that was random. How do people do that?

Also, I did not know that you could order gear you already have. I'm actually excited about that

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Regarding the 3 all-same subs... I have trouble believing that was random. How do people do that?
Some abilities are 5x more likely than others to appear as a sub on gear from certain labels (and some are much less likely), so you stand a better chance of having all three the same if you pick the right label. To illustrate, here's a screen grab from Casperr's video (in guides).

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Some abilities are 5x more likely than others to appear as a sub on gear from certain labels (and some are much less likely), so you stand a better chance of having all three the same if you pick the right label. To illustrate, here's a screen grab from Casperr's video (in guides).
And there was a bug which let you reroll and add slots for free every 4 hours by talking to Judd the Cat after you bought a reroll or a new slot...so you get your money back from him. This might have been very helpful...so no wonder some people got 3 same sub slots.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Just wondering if anybody would be interested in:

Pink splash mob polo - ninja squid, ink saver main x3
Red krak ons - ink resist, swim speed x2

Reason I ask is because I have both of these (crossing fingers for a third swim speed up tonight) and they're getting a fair bit of praise from that photo.

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
Yea, but I don't get why any 3 stack will suffice.
oh because i can use every other ability with at least one of my favorite load outs . ofc i'm trying to get alot of different ones at some point tho

Reason I ask is because I have both of these (crossing fingers for a third swim speed up tonight) and they're getting a fair bit of praise from that photo.
i'd kill for the polo

CrazyDude

Pro Squid

You mean the red hi-tops right? I try to get them on 3 swim speed subs too...perfect shoes then.

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
So if you shut off the Wii u instantly after getting a sub ability, it erases that sub. However, I've done this 3x and gotten the same ability again. Anybody know if this is predetermined?

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
I really haven't got the same subs as a gear I've ordered once. I'm entirely convinced it is still just random as if you bought it from the shop. This thread can still be useful for getting the main item of clothing for sure but I don't think sub abilities are transferred with it at all.

So if you shut off the Wii u instantly after getting a sub ability, it erases that sub. However, I've done this 3x and gotten the same ability again. Anybody know if this is predetermined?
I don't know if it is predetermined but given that a brand can make a particular ability have a 1 in 3.3 chance of appearing (compared to 1 in 16.5 or 1 in 33 for the rare one) there is still a strong chance of it just being coincidence. Perhaps if you try it with the story or amiibo gear as that has a flat 1 in 13 chance for all abilities, you might be able to see if it is pre determined or not with only a couple of attempts.

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
I figure somebody must already know this, but unless somebody replies, I'm going to test it out in the following way (probably tonight unless somebody beats me to it):

Assumption: sub-ability roll is not pre-determined and will be randomly decided after a match, conforming to brand name biases.

Test method:
1. Using amiibo gear (in this case the squid hairclip), play Turf Wars matches until the gear is leveled up and record the sub-ability result.
2. Reset game without saving (clears sub ability)
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 up to 3x to see if upgraded sub-ability changes
4. If sub-ability is the same result for all 4 times (statistically unlikely), try refreshing the sub-ability pool by upgrading a different piece of gear (of headgear as well, to be safe).
5. After upgrading the other piece of gear, try again on the squid hairpiece and record result.
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 one more time (possibly upgrading several pieces of gear at once) and try again

I'm really hoping this is possible... because it will basically lead to gear with whatever abilities are desired (with enough patience)

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
I figure somebody must already know this, but unless somebody replies, I'm going to test it out in the following way (probably tonight unless somebody beats me to it):

Assumption: sub-ability roll is not pre-determined and will be randomly decided after a match, conforming to brand name biases.

Test method:
1. Using amiibo gear (in this case the squid hairclip), play Turf Wars matches until the gear is leveled up and record the sub-ability result.
2. Reset game without saving (clears sub ability)
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 up to 3x to see if upgraded sub-ability changes
4. If sub-ability is the same result for all 4 times (statistically unlikely), try refreshing the sub-ability pool by upgrading a different piece of gear (of headgear as well, to be safe).
5. After upgrading the other piece of gear, try again on the squid hairpiece and record result.
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 one more time (possibly upgrading several pieces of gear at once) and try again

I'm really hoping this is possible... because it will basically lead to gear with whatever abilities are desired (with enough patience)
If this is possible,Nintendo will patch this for sure like the old glitch where you could get new slots or rerolls for free every 4 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom