• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

One man's trash, is another man's treasure!

Erico9001

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Erico9001
Hey, if anybody has any gear that does NOT have all three slots being the same, but rather three abilities that are similar in design, I would love if you shared! For instance, my poofball hat (main ability = quick jump speed) has 2x ink saver (main) and 1x recovery rate, making it an excellent choice for any charger (especially those with beakons) or any inkbrusher (*cough* scout). The thing is, I would much rather have the ink recovery rate up on this hat than a third ink saver.

So...
-I would kill for a piece of equipment that had Comeback( or Stealth Jump/Haunt/Recon), Quick Respawn, Quick Super Jump, and Special Saver (or maybe double one of the other two).
-Ink resistance shoes with two run speed ups and one swim speed up would be awesome

Really, this would be nicer to have than 3 of the same ability, for more versatility. Anyways, I don't see why people seem so obsessed with a piece of equipment having 3 of the same ability, because there are diminishing returns with each repeating ability. You just need to have abilities which serve the same purpose, for the sake of making life a lot easier when customizing between various gear.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Hey, if anybody has any gear that does NOT have all three slots being the same, but rather three abilities that are similar in design, I would love if you shared! For instance, my poofball hat (main ability = quick jump speed) has 2x ink saver (main) and 1x recovery rate, making it an excellent choice for any charger (especially those with beakons) or any inkbrusher (*cough* scout). The thing is, I would much rather have the ink recovery rate up on this hat than a third ink saver.

So...
-I would kill for a piece of equipment that had Comeback( or Stealth Jump/Haunt/Recon), Quick Respawn, Quick Super Jump, and Special Saver (or maybe double one of the other two).
-Ink resistance shoes with two run speed ups and one swim speed up would be awesome

Really, this would be nicer to have than 3 of the same ability, for more versatility. Anyways, I don't see why people seem so obsessed with a piece of equipment having 3 of the same ability, because there are diminishing returns with each repeating ability. You just need to have abilities which serve the same purpose, for the sake of making life a lot easier when customizing between various gear.
only certain abilities have diminishing returns, and 3x the same for any abilitiy = 1 main. Some abilities as 3x are better than 1 main. Ink saver main/sub weapons for example, are better/give more if you have them as 3x mini perks then 1 main. Basically you can have up to 6 mains on at once.

http://squidboards.com/threads/hard-data-gear-abilities-percentual-effects.2904/
this thread gives %s.
edit: and now looking at it they're retesting ink saver main.

Lilguy1456

Inkling
NNID
Lilguy1456
Hoping this thread really takes off now thanks to our splatfest shenanigans! I happened to only get one perfect roll with the 24 snails I had, but that's consistent with the 3% (roughly) odds.

Splatfest roll:

Neon green sea slugs - ink resistance, ink recovery x3

Current gear that I've either purchased from Spyke or rolled with cash:

White headband - ink recovery, damage up x3 (calling chargers and .52 gals)
Fake contacts - special charge up, ink recovery x3
Pink shrimp polo - ninja squid, ink saver main x3
Red hi tops - ink resistance, swim speed up x3
Rockenberg boots - ink resistance, run speed up x3

EDIT: I'm looking for:

Camo mesh cap - swim speed, ink saver sub x3
Sage polo - cold blooded, ink saver main x3
Special Charge with Ink Rec x3 sounds AMAZING!

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I have this if you're still looking for it.
NNID:Xeiros
That would be brilliant, I'll be sure to add you later on today. I'll say I'm from here so it doesn't seem like a random friend request.

Sorry for replying late, I'll add you now.
No problem, I likely can't play until later on today (UK) but I will definitely look around for you all.

Hey guys, I have a Mountain Vest
The Main ability is "Swim speed up" and it has x3 "Defense up" Sub abilities

I'm interested in:
Fake Contacts with Ink recovery x3
Neon Sea Slugs with Ink Recovery x3
I know you PM'd me but I happen to have the sea slugs as well as the contacts.

EDIT: @Lilguy1456 sorry I appeared to miss your post, are you interested in ordering them as well (fake contacts)?

Looks like I'll be playing with Fake Contacts-Pink Shrimp Polo-Neon Green Sea Slugs so you can all grab everything at once :p

Vintagestep

Full Squid
NNID
Vintagestep
First post in the boards yay!
Well, for @CrazyDude I have the hi-tops with the three swim speed up unlocked, used 24 sea snails and 120k of cash I had after Splatfest, but It was worth.

I want the fake contacts with x3 charge up, retro squid cap with fast come back x3, and well I really want the school uniform with any x3 sub, but that's only on me. If we add each other I think any of your x3 same sub clothes will do.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Vintagestep so my NNID must be Vintagestep, you can head there search the message with this photo, is the last one for now, and tell me to add you for exchange clothes and all that, still haven't played this game with friends XD

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
I have a few things with triple subs. Thought i'd add them since triple subs seem to be popular. They are:

Clothes:
Zekko Hoodie (Ninja Squid) with 3 special savers

Shoes:
Clownfish Basics (Special Charge) with 3 swim speeds
Crazy Arrows (Stealth Jump) with 3 special charges

If anyone is interested let me know.

@Erico9001 If i am not mistaking i have that ski jacket you are looking for with 2x defense. Never used it after leveling it up so i have to check it tonight to be sure and i'll let you know. Edit: sorry, i was mistaken. It had 1. I rerolled it and now it has none and is absolute trash. sorry :(

Last edited:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
@SquiddiamFancyson I can see you're online playing Splatoon, but I need you to join an actual regular match. I'm not going to sit here and wait until you decide you feel like doing it. This is why scheduling is so important.
Well then maybe you should set up a time to play with each other, instead of getting on and going 'oh your on too, I'm not gonna wait all day........................'
Seriously how are you going to complain about not scheduling if y'all didn't schedule........

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Well then maybe you should set up a time to play with each other, instead of getting on and going 'oh your on too, I'm not gonna wait all day........................'
Seriously how are you going to complain about not scheduling if y'all didn't schedule........
To clarify, I'd appreciate organising times with anybody that orders gear from me. Just drop me a message either on this thread or privately, and we can sort out a time to play. Whilst I did add most people so far I yo-yo in and out the house on weekdays so I can't just play straight away.

@Xeiros, I respect that you deleted your post and understand waiting can be frustrating, but I went out shortly after adding you because of uni schedules and it being results day for me. Sorry if I didn't make that clear, but if you still want to trade then let's arrange a time rather than guessing.

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
Min/Maxed Sporty Bobble Hat and Tinted Shades first try.

Sporty Bobble Hat

Tinted Shades

NNID: Symphonia46
I play regularly.

Njok

Bouncer
@Njok, what's your NNID?

@Symph, adding you!
It's nvdbroek86

Pm me after you add me which you want and i'll jump in a match with you when i see you. Or we can set a time, whichever works better for you :)

Edit: crap, i gave the wrong NNID. I edited it. Sorry bout that. It's also under my name i think (unless only i can see that, not sure).

Last edited:

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
NNID: Wummer
LF: Anything where all of the 3 sub abilites are the same. (Excluding damage and defense up)

Something like that would be perfect:
Not sure if you're still interested but I have this exact get up if you want to try ordering it from me.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
It's nvdbroek1986

Pm me after you add me which you want and i'll jump in a match with you when i see you. Or we can set a time, whichever works better for you :)

Edit: crap, i gave the wrong NNID. I edited it. Sorry bout that. It's also under my name i think (unless only i can see that, not sure).
It's not working, but just add mine: NoGoodEndings

Njok

Bouncer
It's not working, but just add mine: NoGoodEndings
Yes, that might be because i am really, really dumb. The one i posted originally was correct, and i had it wrong in my contact details here. I'll edit it again and if you don't get around to adding me i will add you nest time i turn my wii on (not sure when)

vtroid5

Full Squid
NNID
vtroid5
I've got Neon Sea Slugs (Ink Resistance Main) with 3 X Ink Recovery Up Subs
And a whole bunch of other stuff that isn't 3 of a kind.

I'm looking for a ton of stuff.

5-panel cap with 3 Special Savers
Black Arrowbands with 3 Special Savers
Red Vector Tee with 3 Special Charge Ups
Navy Striped LS with 3 Ink Saver Mains
Shrimp Pink Polo with 3 Ink Saver Mains

I'm sure there's more.

Erico9001

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Erico9001
I don't really have a desire for the olive ski jacket with defense ups anymore. Thanks to the people that offered, though!

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Just wondering if anybody would be interested in:

Pink splash mob polo - ninja squid, ink saver main x3
Red krak ons - ink resist, swim speed x2

Reason I ask is because I have both of these (crossing fingers for a third swim speed up tonight) and they're getting a fair bit of praise from that photo.
PLEASE I NEED THAT PINK POLO SHIRT does anyone have shoes with ink resistance main + 3 ink saver (main) or anything with 3x defense

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom