1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Opinion ~ What do you think is the strongest and weakest special weapon and why?

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Heart of Ice, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Nutmeat

Nutmeat Pro Squid

Is curling bomb rush weak or is it just the weapons it’s on? I never play the aerospray or tenta brella so i don’t really know but it seems like it would be pretty useful for overwhelming an area.

I’ve been playing this game consistently for the past year and I still suck with Inkjet. I almost always get shot down, to the point that if I’m playing an inkjet weapon for whatever reason I don’t even activate the special because it’s a liability for me. I also find it really easy to shoot down most other inkject users though, so i would say that in the right hands it might be very powerful, but most people do not have those hands.

Another thing: to newish players with bomb rush (of any kind), it’s not that lethal and you don’t have to throw all the bombs! Players get bomb rush and for some reason think they’re invincible. It’s usually really easy to swim right up to someone with bomb rush and splat them because they’re so distracted throwing bombs.

2. _Alex_

_Alex_ Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2820-9957-0983
    alright after the patch I gotta say that rn best special is still armor probably and worst is still auto rush but I just wanted to say that anyone who thinks stamp is the worst special now is high af its super good now

3. The Salamander King

The Salamander King Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    Curling Rush doesn't have the same killing power that something like Suction or (especially) Splat dies. It is also much more situational and more difficult to do well with because the bombs have to be thrown on flat ground.

Enperry likes this.
  4. _Alex_

_Alex_ Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2820-9957-0983
    curling rush is in fact weak. tent as a main weapon is very good to have a special that makes it garbage tier is something to behold. I love the special but its complete ***. inkjet is very powerful in the right hands yes, though its not the steepest curve to climb when talking about getting good with it.

The Salamander King likes this.
  5. The Salamander King

The Salamander King Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    At this point, every special is good. Stamp and Booyah have been buffed well, and Splashdown has become more of a distraction special. Missiles' hidden potential (which has been there since the start of the game, mind you) has finally been found apparently, with Sendou and other top players calling them good now. I don't know why it took them this long to realize that you have to pair Missiles up with something else to make them useful and not just spam them, but that's a discussion for another day.

The only bad special, in my opinion, is Curling Rush, which is slow, bad at killing, and requires flat ground. They're only on 2 weapons at the moment, and both of them are bad, so I don't see anyone ever use them anyway.

6. Merch_Andise

Merch_Andise Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    solarOddity
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1239-4877-3880
    Weakest specials are def Splashdown and Tenta Missles.

You can still be killed while in the middle of a splashdown, and top-level players will usually always take advantage of that. Your at the mercy of your opponents aiming skill when you use a splashdown.

Tenta Missles aren't entirely usless, but they're still pretty sucky. Unless the entire enemy team is in one spot, you're almost never going to get a kill with this. It's only real uses is enemy-spotting (a role which should already be filled by a sniper backliner) or as a way to temporarily inconvenience an opposing E-Liter.

The hammer used to be pretty bad too, until it was buffed in the most recent patch. It's pretty alright now. Not insane, but way better than what it used to be.

The best specials in the game atm (imo) is Booyah Bomb and Stingray. Bubbles coming in as a close third. Booyah Bomb and Stingray can be used in a pretty similar way, and that's to end overtime. BB and Stingray will always get people off a Tower. Stingray will always kill the Rainmaker. BB will always re-fill the Splatzone as long as it's not an absurdly large zone.