• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Opinions on the Splat Roller?

The Splat Roller is:

• I literally hate anyone who uses a Roller

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MewtwoLucas

Inkling
NNID
SMNathaniel
It's really great for pressuring people, and the flick attack actually gets more range than some weapons such as the Jr. It is also good because if someone is chasing you, you can just turn into a squid and go back through the trail that you just created. However, I don't think it is broken at all as there are so many ways to beat it out. Just being above a player with a Splat Roller renders it nearly completely useless and gets you a free kill. The Kraken can also be outran quite easily as long as it doesn't come up from behind you.

Setu

The krakon roller is best on SR from what I've seen. You can easily take down anyone with the krakon if they're on the thin paths. Also I played a match once where the whole team was literally just defending the top area the whole match and had 3 squid beacons scattered in the top area. They were defending the top area the whole time and was pretty much impenetrable.

Starbound

Inkling
Krak-On Splat Roller is a straight up improvement on the regular roller. I'd say in the early meta, it's one of the best weapons in the game (alongside Splattershot Jr.). Though I have no idea what other rollers are like as I haven't unlocked any or seen them.

I think people really underestimate the spread attack. The range is super deceptive and I've been killed by the spread more frequently than ran over because it hits farther than I thought.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
It's decent. Not my cup of tea though. lol it is so annoying being splat rolled when you come around a corner or you just enter a new area when you didn't know they were right there. Usually I pick fights with rollers. Mainly because I win most encounters. :D sometimes I just follow them. Ink everything they ink for lots of points xD

praline

I'm ready!
It's the only weapon type I can use... I just wanna know how to get the heavy duty version.

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
Back when the demo was out I thought it was overpowered and broke the metagame. But then I realized that you can run back and splat them so they've never been that much a threat to me ever since. If you know how to use the weapon correctly then you can completely dominant the field getting your ink to spread everywhere while taking people out every once in awhile. And then you get you the other type of players who stay in a single area and "guards" it for the whole match.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
A good roller player is something to fear: if the jump and use the shotgun attack they can unexpectedly outrange a lot of the most common weapons. Kraken helps them with head-on combat and with the speed at which they cover ground it´s easy to fill the special meter. Last, a sneaky roller is a serious threat to any weapon wielder.

It´s a good weapon, with very strong characteristics and weak ones as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom