• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Other interests besides Splatoon

Hokuto

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
Splatoon is also an outlier in terms of my gaming preferences. I don't like shooters or platforming, never mind both at the same time, but I can't stop thinking about Splatoon. (It's probably because of all the funny animals. I was almost a marine science major.)

The games I do like include Pokémon (I can name any Pokémon you show me), Personas 4 and 5 (no spoilers for 5, please!), Rhythm Heaven, Pocket Card Jockey, and Zero Escape. Most of the music I listen to is either electronic or has nice guitars. I used to read for fun, but now I'm an English major, which means I have to read things that make me miserable. My favorite TV show growing up was Gravity Falls. Haven't watched it in forever, though. I am also a furry—not really in touch with the fandom, I just like (see above) the funny animals.

The stuff that makes my brain go brrr is my creative interests: I ostensibly write and draw. What this usually means is that I'll come up with a story idea (example: my Agent 4 and his guardian taking in my Agent 8) and think about it for several weeks without putting a meaningful word to the page. I draw poorly and sporadically; the niche I accidentally carved out is making "art" so bad it wraps around to being funny. See below:

jetta_stone_tn.png
nalu_tn_2.png

MMOToaster

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
I used to be in an acting club, but ever since I started my apprenticeship I've been on a hiatus.
Will continue once I get my journeyman license.
Additionally I'm planing to start learning 3-D modeling in Blender.
Besides Splatoon, I only play Star Wars Hunters.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I mainly play fighting games. Played a lot of stuff off and on over the years, but Skullgirls and Them's Fightin' Herds are my main competitive focus. Lately I reinstalled FightCade for some retro variety casuals from time to time, grabbed the KOF13 Switch port a while ago, and I just picked up UNI2. Check out my beautiful custom stick!

I also play way too much Riichi Mahjong, but I swear I don't have a problem and I can quit any time I want.

Oh yeah and here's a little chart thingy of some of my favorite games.

Last edited:

MMOToaster

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
I mainly play fighting games. Played a lot of stuff off and on over the years, but Skullgirls and Them's Fightin' Herds are my main competitive focus. Lately I reinstalled FightCade for some retro variety casuals from time to time, grabbed the KOF13 Switch port a while ago, and I just picked up UNI2. Check out my beautiful custom stick!

I also play way too much Riichi Mahjong, but I swear I don't have a problem and I can quit any time I want.

Oh yeah and here's a little chart thingy of some of my favorite games.
Yo, that fighting stick looks sick as ****! I love the pixel art style!

gay4bigman

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/it
Switch Friend Code
SW-4380-0270-6060
my other main interests are networking and cybersecurity!! i've been obsessed with computers and malware/hacking as long as i can remember LOL

applekrisps

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him/it/its/ey/em
i'm an artist! i drew my avatar a while back, but i like to think i've improved a lot since then -- i need to draw myself another one soon x)

aside from that, though, i like writing! i'm hyperfixated on FMA right now, and am working my way through watching JJK. i also plan to watch/read more anime/manga at some point, including JJBA and HQ! some other franchises and/or games i like are pokemon, celeste, oneshot, UT/DR, MHA, BOTW/TOTK, ace attorney, and... i'm sure plenty more that i can't remember right now xD

i also like listening to music! my taste is kind of all over the place, but one of my favorite artists is Cavetown! and lastly, i'm thinking about researching the medical field at some point -- it's just really interesting to me!

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Outside of the huge amount of games I play casually, I also used to go to a lot of smash tournaments but last year has made things busy so I haven't been able to play much but I still consider smash one of my main interests. I also really enjoy reading comics, mainly stuff from Marvel but non super hero stuff is good too.

ikebro

Full Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
in terms of hobbies, i'm an artist and a big fan of finding new music! esp stuff that's kinda obscure. other Non-Splatoon games i play tend to be casual/rhythm games, stuff like tomodachi life, taiko no tatsujin, tetris, and miitopia. (i wish there were more mii games...)
i also enjoy things like vocaloid, vinesauce, homestar runner, japanese culture (I'M NORMAL ABT IT I SWEAR) and analog tv!

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i'm into other games, though every time i'm prompted to list off games i like i draw a blank lol. i'm a certified Roguelike/lite Enjoyer (some of my favorites are caves of qud and FTL), i like rhythm games, i struggle to finish mainline pokemon games but i love spinoff pokemon games, i desperately wish EA hadn't abandoned the sims medieval (the normal sims games are cool too i guess)...

my non-game interests include finding obscure-ish indie acts on bandcamp, rollerskating (i'm part of a roller derby league irl, but i'm still at the 'learning not to fall over when doing anything more complicated than skating forward' stage), art (mostly digital, but i'd like to try traditional art again), linguistics and foreign languages, cosplay sometimes... oh and psychology research, y'know, the thing i'm planning on going to grad school for?

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Outside of the stuff in my signature, I don't play much but also am a big Mega Man enjoyer. They're the kinds of games that I don't mind playing over and over again because it takes a while for you to optimize completing a level and learning how to generally handle each kind of enemy in the game without really needing to straight-up memorize too much. Once you really get a feel for a Mega Man game it starts to get an amazing flow to it that I can't really explain.

For non-game stuff, I was a percussionist for a bit but kind of lost reason to play when I got done with high school and no longer had a band to play with. I enjoy fishing from time to time, like nothing too serious but it's pretty relaxing even when I go several hours without getting something. I was a pixel artist for a bit but kind of lost interest in that after like seven-ish years of doing it. And I guess this isn't really too similar but I'm a big animal guy. From time to time I'll enjoy watching nature documentaries or random videos on YouTube and just learning a bunch of stuff about them.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
I was on the robotics team but unfortunately our season ended after our first tournament =(

I do enjoy coding very much, and demolishing my brother in basically and game lol... I also enjoy editing stuff on Canva and making presentations about random stuff.

Kibaevoli

Inkling
I've been into Nexomon as of late.

Normally my interests outside of sploon are:
Cattails 1 and 2, pokemon, minecraft, apothecary diaries novel version, any of the MXTX novels.
College just made me read the color purple and I enjoyed that one.
Digimon....ok any monster tamer games based on older non open world (think pokemon before 3ds) minus digimon world
Only other shooter besides sploon: l4d2 with buttload of mods :3
Link click, immortal king, and heavens official blessing donghua
I love genshin rn, just got xianyun and Ga ming ^^

Lisku

Inkling Commander
i like drumming, basketball, cooking, engineering, biking and science. Just to name a few

Pineapple Death Match

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
Homestuck (obviously), writing (fanfic mostly) - I also keep a few different journals. Stationery in general actually (do not ask me for pen/paper recs unless you have a lot of time on your hands.) I'm also a bit of a theology nut, I think it came free with my conversion to paganism tbh but I can def throw my weight around in Christian theology as well, mainly bc a lot of my friends are in the queer Christian community and I don't want to leave them or the community behind - a few are even ordained or in seminary! I also read a ton - my favorite book of all time is Braiding Sweetgrass by Dr. Robin Wall Kimmerer; I can't recommend it enough. Since this is a splatoon forum, I should mention that The Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery is on my to-read list :)

Other games I'm either in the fandom or fandom-adjacent to are Kid Icarus (*dramatically looks out the nearest window* - I hope my angel sons come back from The War) Rune Factory, Minecraft, Binding of Isaac, I used to play a lot of mobile games and now and again I invest a lot of time into them; mainly rhythm gachas like project sekai, the late utapri (RIP), and enstars.

I tend to have kind of a lazy susan of interests & I'm prone on going down internet rabbit holes for new and interesting hobbies or to observe niche internet community drama. Lately I've been watching a lot of videos on setting up terrariums, vivariums, and aquariums, and sometimes dipping into more specifics like ant-keeping, no-filter fish tanks, or snake & other reptile care.

S3LKIE

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
i really like skateboarding, reading, and zelda games! i also love fashion and clothes. my favourite aesthetic is dark academia and my fave books are the secret history, the luminaries, and loveless. i also adore norse and greek mythology.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
Pokemon is my favourite series of all time, since I grew up with it. Other ones include Mario, Zelda, GTA, Persona and more. Non-gaming related would be movies and tv shows (reality/thriller/adventure). I also like to write occasionally as a hobby only. I suppose I have a keen interest in technology, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom