Patch 2.9.0

D

Deleted Member

No, they're all getting the same buffs and nerfs. The japanese notes have them all set together whereas the english notes made a mistake of putting them in seperate boxes.
welp

Not that big of a deal. I bet they'll nerf Dynamos again in v3.0, the presumably last update sometime before 2017.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i use the dynamo often and well i'm happy it's getting nerfed i honestly prefer a more balanced game, the eliters were insane and now they gotta work for there kills that was a good nerf and now the dynamo's. as far as the kracken and bubble that will be cool they have to loose good buffs to maintain their max time.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
The splattershot is fine.
Are you kidding? The Splattershot is my go-to "Easy-mode" crutch weapon for when my rank is lower than i'd like it to be. Sure it isn't "over-powered" (arguably), but you can't deny that it's one of if not THE best gun in the game. Call me salty, but i'm tired of seeing them so often. And run speed builds are insane. It's just TOO well-rounded imo.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
That should be the case for the Splattershot. Braindead and effective, so that everyone can pick it up. It's the most basic weapon in this game. Like what Mario is to Smash Bros or what Ryu is to Street Fighter.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Terrible. Just as I was getting use to the dynamos and learning to aim with them as if I was a messy charger or OP carbon.

And still nothing for the sloshing machines and H3s? Le sigh...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
... I just realised what the SM needs, and it seems kind of obvious. Sparking! It's already a semi-blaster but lacks the ability to deal damage if its shot hits a surface - by adding that, its ability to hunt down opponents increases considerably, and it becomes more capable of finishing off damaged opponents. Increasing its range, shot speed, strafe speed, etc. would work just as well, but be... uninspired. SM sparks would be cool!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Honestly, I haven't a problem with the Dynamo's range; it's always been the weapon's high power in addition to its range that irritates me. In mine eyes t's basically a sniper shotgun, and that's as broken on paper as it is in execution. Thus the only nerf it really needs is to the power of the ink globs it fires off, even if it's just in the form of the weapon having a severe damage dropoff the farther it travels.

^ Wait, it doesn't already? I could've sworn that's what the vortex was for...

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Honestly, I haven't a problem with the Dynamo's range; it's always been the weapon's high power in addition to its range that irritates me. In mine eyes t's basically a sniper shotgun, and that's as broken on paper as it is in execution. Thus the only nerf it really needs is to the power of the ink globs it fires off, even if it's just in the form of the weapon having a severe damage dropoff the farther it travels.

YES! A "sniper shotgun," quite succinct! That's pretty much how I have been using it and mitigating damage drop off with measured aim.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
dynamo should be more about ink covering vs guaranteed huge kills from long distance not every weapons main goal should be kills, even in s rank a guy with a aerospray if he plays it right he is basically providing me with ink to move and splat with he really should be like 4/4 at the end hiding and inking not running into a fight he can't win which usually happens and the team loses when the aerospray is on it.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I think that's just the problem with the Dynamo. It's broken by design. It's just cheap if you leave it its hitboxes, range and OHKO power, but it will be massively underpowered if you take any of that away from it. And needless to say, it's better for a weapon to go a bit over the line than for it to be useless. I think it's too late for that weapon. I don't think you can properly fix it without a concept change. Maybe they'll make a better concept in a sequel. Maybe it could work out if it was a weapon with low damage output but good ink coverage, range and swing speed (Somewhere around Carbon speed).

Ansible

Community Ambassador
dynamo should be more about ink covering vs guaranteed huge kills from long distance not every weapons main goal should be kills, even in s rank a guy with a aerospray if he plays it right he is basically providing me with ink to move and splat with he really should be like 4/4 at the end hiding and inking not running into a fight he can't win which usually happens and the team loses when the aerospray is on it.
I'm not concerned about huge takedowns and team wipes. Because I'm a dynamo, smart players target me. And because I'm a dynamo, many teammates leave me to fend for myself in solo play.

After I've finished inking our territory, I either have to defend it, push into your territory, lob ink so my teammates can push into your territory, or handle the objective.

I think that's just the problem with the Dynamo. It's broken by design. It's just cheap if you leave it its hitboxes, range and OHKO power, but it will be massively underpowered if you take any of that away from it. And needless to say, it's better for a weapon to go a bit over the line than for it to be useless. I think it's too late for that weapon. I don't think you can properly fix it without a concept change. Maybe they'll make a better concept in a sequel. Maybe it could work out if it was a weapon with low damage output but good ink coverage, range and swing speed (Somewhere around Carbon speed).
But wouldn't you then risk the chamce of the carbon becoming useless if you have an option that's just as fast but better?

Reactions: Ulk

HappyPie

Inkling
NNID
H4ppypie
The Dynamo nerf was a long time coming. Also in regards to the above post about having weapons come with defence up to balance them, I think it'd be better that certain weapons respawn faster. So weapons like L3 that are hard to use get a quicker Respawn time than say a Ttek or 52

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
It's probably gonna be hard to judge just how well-balanced this Dynamo nerf is until we actually get to see it in action. It's possible that it'll considerably reduce the amount of impossible-seeming lag splats they get, which is nothing but good for all parties concerned, I think.
Yes... but nooo. As with both other buckets, if the SM's shot hits a surface, it gets negated entirely; that also means that small poles, corners, etc. can be really troublesome for them. The vortex seems to hit very infrequently if the SM is working at its maximum range, though I'm not sure why that is. Both of these issues weaken the SM in a number of scenarios where it should have at least an even playing field with other weapons of similar range (... in my opinion).

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
My biggest beef with the Dynamo is not the power or spread, but the 3d aspect needs works. It seems as though you can never get "under" that Dynamo shot which doesn't make any sense. I see players that jump up in the air and fling some ink (for maximum distance) and it kills you standing right in front of them when it should have gone "over" your head. If anything that should be fix on the Dynamo would be the depth of the ink it throws. It makes no sense that the ink you threw out and over the air wiped out 1 or 2 enemy, also splats the guy standing in front of you when he/she should have been safe. It's all instant death as though the ink is just as thick right in front as it was at the distance it was thrown. I think that is the design flaw, that the inverse square law that governs light, radio waves, etc. is being ignored for the Dynamo. That makes it seem unnatural (more than abnormal for a game perhaps)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
It seems as though you can never get "under" that Dynamo shot which doesn't make any sense. I see players that jump up in the air and fling some ink (for maximum distance) and it kills you standing right in front of them when it should have gone "over" your head.
M-hm - there's definitely something similar elsewhere! Classic Sloshers will normally hit with a full 70.0-damage shot, but if you approach them such that the thin part of their slosh strikes you, then, just as it looks weaker, it does do less damage (I think half as much). So yeah, it could be interesting if that were applied to Dynamos.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I wonder if the Kraken tweak was in response to heavy usage after the Corocoro Roller release. I never really thought that Kraken needed adjustment, it was just overused for a couple weeks

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I'm not concerned about huge takedowns and team wipes. Because I'm a dynamo, smart players target me. And because I'm a dynamo, many teammates leave me to fend for myself in solo play.

After I've finished inking our territory, I either have to defend it, push into your territory, lob ink so my teammates can push into your territory, or handle the objective.

But wouldn't you then risk the chamce of the carbon becoming useless if you have an option that's just as fast but better?
Good thinking. Pushing weapons into redundancy can be very harmful. Though I think their playstyles would differ enough. The Carbon roller is still mainly used as a short ranged OHKO weapon. The quick Dynamo would be a long ranged weapon with massive ink spread and no OHKO ability at all, and of course a much lower overall damage output. A lot less suited for sneaky gameplay and a lot more beneficial for aggressive play. Overall It would be more similar to a brush than a roller with regard to swinging, just that it would sacrifice damage for speed and range. Only similarity to the carbon would be its speed. Kill power, range and ink spread would differ by a lot though.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The quick Dynamo would be a long ranged weapon with massive ink spread and no OHKO ability at all, and of course a much lower overall damage output.
... that sounds more like a new kind of bucket than a roller, if I'm honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom